Sign in to follow this  
tarere

Prepar3D v3.2 is out !

I have never reinstalled Orbx Global. What is the process to do this?

If you have Orbx Global you have to run the "Install_Scenery.msi" and follow the prompts because the textures are overwritten to default.

\Robert Hamlich/

I have never reinstalled Orbx Global. What is the process to do this?

After installing the p3d scenery update, re-install orbx global.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

After installing the p3d scenery update, re-install orbx global.

Do I have go uninstall Orbx Global first. If so, how does one go about doing that?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Posted Today, 12:23 PM

nhall72, on 09 Mar 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

Does NE even exist for the continental USA? That's really my whole problem with it. I think it's a promising product but it seems to only be available for a few states which makes it a non-starter for me. If they actually had full coverage for the USA I'd buy it despite the cost. But for just a few states, I'm not interested at all.

Neal

Not yet, no. But I believe they are working on it. They didn't start the US til relatively recently after doing a lot in the EU first.

that is very true

At first glance, I mean instantly it looked to me as if LOD was increased that makes photoscenery clearer further out. Placebo?

Yes :smile:

when Chris gets rolling out the V2 versions it will improve dramatically.

it sure will, our v2.0 standard’s pushes night controls like no other,

after developing this for almost a year and a half; we decided to update some of the features we could fit into our existing v1.0 architecture,

few more features will be added in v1.8 to all exiting regions to further enhance night fight;

to get to the level of detail and enhancements we did in France v2.0 we will need to redo everything from the ground up,

I hope they will look at "night being too bright problem" in p3d in the future.

ambassador of night is actively on it :wink:

Do I have go uninstall Orbx Global first. If so, how does one go about doing that?

No. Just re-run the Global installer. It needs to overwrite all the default scenery files that were put back when you ran the p3d scenery update.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Left Click on Start menu,All Programs,Orbx,left click,there is on my pc the program "uninstall FTX Orbx global base pack"run that program then reinstall

Peter

to get to the level of detail and enhancements we did in France v2.0 we will need to redo everything from the ground up.

Chris, am quite happy to pay again for that work from scratch because NE France is quite simply les chiens doodars :P

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Just updated ASN with their patch and P3D v3.2.2 is working great.

I read that with the 3.2.3 Hotfix ASN mightl not work at the moment.

Is it needed to use the Hotfix when everything is working fine ?

There might be the risk that developers will concentrate on v3.2.3 and then v3.2.2 will not work with several addon products...

I am not sure .

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Er... where did you read that? I decided to do a full reinstall and when I downloaded P3D v3.2 I noticed the full installer was already updated to include that hot fix. So I can't choose between 3.2.2 and 3.2.3... I do hope developers will concentrate on 3.2.3 btw: why should anyone stay with 3.2.2...?

Just updated ASN with their patch and P3D v3.2.2 is working great.

There might be the risk that developers will concentrate on v3.2.3 and then v3.2.2 will not work with several addon products...

I am not sure .

I have updated to P3D 3.2.3 and installed the ASN Hotfix, but see no issues. Seems to work.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Was just thinking the same thing...if the developers have now been (and some still are) busy updating their products to be 3.2.2 compatible there might of course be an issue now that the client was updated again to 3.2.3.

However since the only thing that really changed between these two versions was the activation part for people not having permanent licenses it's a pity if a version change like this will brake compatibility with some products again when nothing in P3D related to these products actually changed.

For this not to happen maybe a good thing would be if LM and the 3D party developers could agree on exactly how the version control should work giving LM an opportunity to update minor things without affecting addon products. This could be accomplished if the addon products for instance would only look at the first two parts in the version number (in this case 3.2) which as far as I can tell would work perfectly fine as long as LM make sure to never update anything that could affect addons products without also updating the first two parts of the version nr.

Richard Åsberg

As long as the ASN App does not check the minor version numbers (build) of Prepar3d.exe following 3.2.x there should be no issue. I was also worried because of this, which was the main reason why I updated to the latest 3.2.3 version (from 3.2.2) just in case an addon checks the build number.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

31 pages! Simply not enough time in my day, synopsys please, anyone...

James McLees

Just update  :dance:  You will not regret...

Regards,

Chris

--

Where can I find the 3.2.3 Hotfix as I have v3.2.2 ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0