Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

P3Dv3.2 : worked fine 2 times , now loading issue ...

Hi all,

This morning I upgraded to v3.2

After that I checked and it booted into the scenery perfectly.

Then I did some other things.

Later I loaded P3D again and made s short test flight. Everything was working fine.

After shutting down P3D again I did some other things.

Just now I wanted to make a longer flight.

The Gui loads , but when clicking OK no Status Bar appears and whithin 10 seconds P3D closes itself...

I deleted the p3d.cfg file , but no relief.

All suggestions are welcome.

P3Dv32.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Gerard,  Maybe try delete all your Rebuildable files, (Anything under the yellow folders)  But as you know this will throw out any Scenery or exe.xml files Ad On's you have added.    

If that doesn't do it,  I would Re-run the Installer again,  Maybe something small is corrupt 

You should have a pop up re object libs, click no, otherwise it will close, did you see the pop up.

bob

What I have remarked :

After shutting down the pc and rebooting and then trying P3D it is loading into the scenery.

However , when shutting down P3D and trying again the same issue occurs....

I have exactly the same issue! Worked fine and after making a few non-controversial amendments it will not launch from the scenario page just as you describe. Tried repairing and even deleting and reinstalling the client file but no difference. Have resorted to a complete p3d delete and reinstall and I'm back up and running but faced with a mountain of stuff to reinstall!

I have no intention of reinstalling everything.

Here how it looks after rebooting the pc , just to show that everything can work.

P3Dv32_2.jpg

Didn't know what else to try so resorted to pulling the plug. To check whether re-booting caused the problem I've re-started my pc and so far so good. Starting to put my Orbx stuff back first and will watch what happens...

If you are running orbx you could try resetting ftx central to default,

bob

Move the dll.xml and exe.xml (if you have them) to a temporary folder and restart P3D.  Most likely a module not working properly.

Best regards,

I'm having the same issue - it seems it's EzDok crashing. I have to restart the computer every time I relaunch P3D.

Move the dll.xml and exe.xml (if you have them) to a temporary folder and restart P3D.  Most likely a module not working properly.

Best regards,

Thanks Jim. Will try that.

I only wonder why P3Dv3.2 would work correctly 2 times and then has an issue and the pc has to be rebooted..

this may be a third party issue we didnt run into during beta testing,

try Jim's advice with flushng DX cache as well; and keep us posted of your reasults,

Disable the addon manager in the dll.xml. That fixed the issue for me.

Even better just got up and haven't even checked. Thanks.