Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Ultimate Traffic 2 Prepar3D v3 & v4

cmd.exe /c start "UT2Services" /affinity 50 "I:\Prepar3Dv3\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe"

Good idea..  I am doing this for Saitek gauge exe.. not sure why I didn't think of doing this for the UT'

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Very sorry if I missed this but I have UT2 installed nicely in P3D v 3.2.3.16769. If I go to 3.3 will I have to re-install UT2 following Poppet's excellent instructions?

Steve Dwyer
Z370 GAMING M5 (MS-7B58)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz
MSI GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
Installed Physical Memory  32.0 GB

Very sorry if I missed this but I have UT2 installed nicely in P3D v 3.2.3.16769. If I go to 3.3 will I have to re-install UT2 following Poppet's excellent instructions?

Hi Steve,

Not sure why you want to go from V3.2.3 to V3.3 when the current version of Prepar3D is V3.4.9. ??? Updating P3D should not break Ultimate Traffic 2. You will need to add the "UTServices.exe" block into EXE.XML. Plenty of examples in this and other UT2 threads.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Wow, not really sure what settings you run in UT2, but i run the following for about 2 or 3% drop in FPS

Weekly @ 50% (larger jet/prop etc)

Daily @ NIL  (small ga etc)

enable jetways off

I have managed to AM UT2Services.exe to cores away from my main P3D threads, which helps a little, if i don't do this i get about 10% drop in FPS for those settings.

All i do is run a little batch file, soon as the sim is loading up i run my batch as follows:

cmd.exe /c start "UT2Services" /affinity 50 "I:\Prepar3Dv3\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe"

50 is just a bit of random HEX to get it off Core 0 & 1 where my P3D is doing most of its work.

Looking at UT2Service.exe in process explorer, its sits there idle for about 60 or 90 secs, then there's an injection of something/data etc and it gobbles about 12 or 15% of CPU for about 2-3 secs then back to idle, so i think it might be wise to get that off of the main rendering thread.

No need to start 2 programs, you can run both on a batch file like this;

P3D.bat content:

D:
cd\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\
start Prepar3D.exe
cmd.exe /c start "UT2Services" /affinity 28 "D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe"

It makes a real difference in large cities.

Microsoft .NET Framework

27741383122_61cebd75af_o.png

I do have this every time I start P3D, and I did all steps one by one, please help

Hi Steve,

Not sure why you want to go from V3.2.3 to V3.3 when the current version of Prepar3D is V3.4.9. ??? Updating P3D should not break Ultimate Traffic 2. You will need to add the "UTServices.exe" block into EXE.XML. Plenty of examples in this and other UT2 threads.

Ha I'm not sure either! Thanks.

Steve Dwyer
Z370 GAMING M5 (MS-7B58)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz
MSI GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
Installed Physical Memory  32.0 GB

Ah yes the dreaded UT2 Red error of Death sign 

I'm afraid Nobody has an answer to this one. 

=============================

But here are some steps to take 

The first you should do when you get this message is close Prepar3D,  Wait 2 minutes for Prepar3D to fully Unload,  Then Restart your Computer,  Try now  

Next 

exe.xml file 1 Entry in only 1 Location 

Make sure you don't have duplicate UT2 Entries both exe.xml files in AppData\Roaming and ProgramData.  There should only be one UT2 Entry in one location!!  Having 2 Entries in both locations will 100% bring on the red error sign

===================

Administrator 

Are you Running Prepar3D and UT2 as administrator

Prepar3D https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7537/29318233442_40cfcfe8de_o.png

UT2 https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1507/25671531961_fa550ecff9_o.png

==================

Simconnect 

Install\Repair this Simmconnect.msi 10.0.61259.0  Location:  Prepar3D v3 ► redist ► Interface ► FSX-SP2-XPACK ► retail ► lib  Simconnect.msi    Right Click and Install

=================

Anti virus Software

Have you added UT2 and Prepar3D to your Exclusions Zone of your Anti virus Software 

==============

UAC

Disable your User Account Control 

==============

Disable UT2 

Temporary Disable UT2 in your exe.xml file by changing this   <Disabled>False</Disabled>  To This  <Disabled>True</Disabled>   Start Prepar3D, Confirm the error is gone and then enable it again 

==================

Uninstall UT2

Uninstall UT2,  Insuring the following folders in Blue have been Removed.    AppData ► Roaming ►Flight One Software   +   Prepar3D  Flight One Software Ultimate Traffic 2   Then Reinstall UT2 by running as administrator (Important) 

===============

At this stage maybe My Traffic 6 might be better  

Check to see is Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, 2010, and 2013 are installed,  Uninstall them and Install one Fresh Versions,  Insuring you run the Installer as administrator (Important) 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/kb/2977003

• Upvote 1

Ah yes the dreaded UT2 Red error of Death sign 

I'm afraid Nobody has an answer to this one. 

=============================

But here are some steps to take 

The first you should do when you get this message is close Prepar3D,  Wait 2 minutes for Prepar3D to fully Unload,  Then Restart your Computer,  Try now  

Next 

exe.xml file 1 Entry in only 1 Location    check

Make sure you don't have duplicate UT2 Entries both exe.xml files in AppData\Roaming and ProgramData.  There should only be one UT2 Entry in one location!!  Having 2 Entries in both locations will 100% bring on the red error sign

===================

Administrator 

Are you Running Prepar3D and UT2 as administrator   check

Prepar3D https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7537/29318233442_40cfcfe8de_o.png

UT2 https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1507/25671531961_fa550ecff9_o.png

==================

Simconnect 

Install\Repair this Simmconnect.msi 10.0.61259.0  Location:  Prepar3D v3 ► redist ► Interface ► FSX-SP2-XPACK ► retail ► lib  Simconnect.msi    Right Click and Install     check

=================

Anti virus Software

Have you added UT2 and Prepar3D to your Exclusions Zone of your Anti virus Software    check

==============

UAC

Disable your User Account Control    check

==============

Disable UT2 

Temporary Disable UT2 in your exe.xml file by changing this   <Disabled>False</Disabled>  To This  <Disabled>True</Disabled>   Start Prepar3D, Confirm the error is gone and then enable it again  check

==================

Uninstall UT2

Uninstall UT2,  Insuring the following folders in Blue have been Removed.    AppData ► Roaming ►Flight One Software   +   Prepar3D  Flight One Software Ultimate Traffic 2   Then Reinstall UT2 by running as administrator (Important)    check

===============

At this stage maybe My Traffic 6 might be better  

Check to see is Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, 2010, and 2013 are installed,  Uninstall them and Install one Fresh Versions,  Insuring you run the Installer as administrator (Important) 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/kb/2977003

Still have the red warning and did all what you suggest, now at last , trying to install my traffic 6, will let you know...

Hi Elaine,

I just want to say thank you very much for your great Tutorial "How to install UT2 in P3Dv3". With this help, it was no problem at all, to do it.

Thank you again.

Bruno

• Upvote 1

I've ran through all this with p3d v3.4.9.. i'm having an issue with not much traffic showing up, at least in STB 3.4.0.9 (which probably doesnt fully support UT2 anyway).. only seeing about 6-10 aircraft at 90% in ut2 and sliders in p3d set to 0%.. even after some time.

Anyone else using ut2 with 3.4.9 successfully?  Is there a way outside of STB to get a count of the number of AI craft loaded? (Edit: i guess in view, ai craft.. i see the same count as with STB)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Are you using the default UT2 database? Do you have the Daedalus repaints enabled or disabled?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Are you using the default UT2 database? Do you have the Daedalus repaints enabled or disabled?

I ran the 2016 schedule to get it to 2.10 (if this is what you mean)? or.. maybe you mean.. this..

I do notice that in ut2, under database management..

I have two selections:

UT2Daily_Official, with this selected i only see GA on the right (checked)

and

UT2Weekly_Official, i see a bunch on the right, all checked 

In Game Settings:

Target Frame Rate = off

Max altitude visible= 9500 ft

Distance to spawn aircraft = 20nm

Number of aircraft =  100

For the Airline traffic i have it at 90% and GA at 30%.. 

In p3d i have the traffic sliders at zero.

My latest attempt at testing actually showed about 10 GA and 3 Airlines.. i then tried setting the GA slider to zero and i still had about 6 GA and 4 airlines roughly (maybe a rogue bgl somehow populating the ga)..  This after i changed the date of the flight to todays date (it was on 2013 for some reason)

Display generic repaints is checked.. should this be?  Never quite understood this one completely, i assumed it made certain aircraft visible that couldnt be otherwise.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Turns out the GA issue was just because i had an extra ] in the simobject.cfg file.. so simple but was hard to track down

Is that your issue sorted with only seeing mostly GA Planes ? 

Thank you for posting this  

Is that your issue sorted with only seeing mostly GA Planes ? 

Thank you for posting this  

Yep, sorry, meant to add that here as well.