Sign in to follow this  

fake? flightsim site

Noticed the link from the PMDG sitehttp://www.fsms-inc.comOn my first glance, is is a big hoax. From the first page 'This website is still under contruction.Our first day of opening is 1st January 2006.'Is this guy serious He reckons he can sell the pmdg 744 for $32.97 if you 'paypal' him.The about us page cracks me up 'I've made deals with Just Flight , Abacus Publishing , Wilco Publishing , Flight1 Software , Fifty NorthWe are looking for another developers . you will hear from us when we find something ."What do you think?Fake? I think so

Brent Lewis

Guest allcott

He's 15 years old and he's a `business man`. You're not a `man` at 15, son.Claiming company status for a non-existent company may well be a criminal offence wherever he's from. Should be fun to see if the youthful entrepreneur is even around on January 1st.Fake? No.Hopelessly juvenile and optimistic? oh Yes! Doesn't PayPal vet its account applications these days?Allcott

QUOTEAbout me !I'm Jeffrey .......I'm 15 years old .I'm a business men .END QUOTE'I'm a business man': I like this attitude, hehe.Maybe he should do some more research in operating cost, profit & loss accounting etc, but nevertheless I couldn't say that I was a business man when I was 15 :-lolWonder thought if he really has arrangements with the publishers he mentioned, otherwise he also should spend some time in legal research.

System: P3D V4 - 80386 DX2 - 4MB RAM - 3dfx Voodoo5 - Windows 3.11

Paypal doesn't care. In fact they'd rather have people accepting money who then generate complaints.Gives them an excuse to clean out a few more accounts and pocket the money themselves.

Perhaps Just Flight, Abacus Publishing, Wilco Publishing , Flight1 Software, and Fifty North could confirm in these forums that that they have agreements with FSMS Inc that will allow him to undercut their prices.I wonder what jurisdictions allow a 15 year old to incorporate a company and where it's based.His business model is interesting:"I give the developers 70 % of my total month income .If my company earn $ 5000-, USD in this month .I have 5 developers each 14 %Just Flight : $ 860-,Abacus Pub: $ 860-,Wilco Pub: $ 860-,Flight1: $ 860-,Fifty North: $ 860-,I get : $ 700-,"If he sells, say, US$5000 of Just Flight products and no others in a month will he generously pay the other developers

Gerry Howard

He probably doesn't give any developer any money..my guess is that he sells pirated copies off of DC++. :-lol

Asus Prime X370-Pro / Ryzen 7 1800X / 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz / Asus GTX 1070 Turbo
Fractal Design XL R2 / Phanteks PH-TC14PE / Corsair CX650M
2 TB SSD / 4 TB HDD

Guest panda234

If he is a 15 year old kid give him some credit. What he's done so far took a fair amount of thought and work and the basic idea is sound. When I was that age my idea of making extra money was limited to getting another paper route or pumping gas (yes, there were full serve gas stations then, hehe) at the local gas station. If Bill Gates decided to start a business at that age it might look something like that. In my mind it's a pretty good start for a kid. I wish him luck. This one might not fly, so to speak, but maybe the next one or the one after that will and he'll be doing an ILS approach in his private jet into Lake Taho while we're amusing ourselves slamming kids on the fs boards.billg

It's resgistered out of the Netherlands. I thought the English grammer was a little odd. Zipped over to the PMDG forum. As you can imagine, the topic has been posted there. It's NOT legit. One of the posters reported he got an email from the person wanting to "trade software" and he/she has been kicked off an other sim forum for spamming. Fitz

Guest panda234

Well then, I retract my statement about "a fair amount of thought." :-)billg

" It's resgistered out of the Netherlands. I thought the English grammer was a little odd."Sadly I've seen worse from kids who have English as their first language. I'm not a native speaker of English and I know some of my posts are virtually incomprehensible, but some of those kids make me look good :)

Asus Prime X370-Pro / Ryzen 7 1800X / 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz / Asus GTX 1070 Turbo
Fractal Design XL R2 / Phanteks PH-TC14PE / Corsair CX650M
2 TB SSD / 4 TB HDD

>" It's resgistered out of the Netherlands. I thought the>English grammer was a little odd.">>Sadly I've seen worse from kids who have English as their>first language. I'm not a native speaker of English and I know>some of my posts are virtually incomprehensible, but some of>those kids make me look good :)That is sooo true...

BobK

Guest jaapverduijn

Yes, that's how it looks to me too. Quite clever and creative move though (admiring but disapproving grin)!Jaap Verduijn.

yah. People who are non-native usually receive far more rigorous training in a language than do natives, leading to them having a more correct grammar.Where they're usually lacking is vocabulary, and then mainly informal vocabulary (things not covered in the Oxford dictionary or the Mariam Webster).

i just realized something from your quote that made me laugh.This so called "businessman" obviously hasnt studied the english language in school. Nor has he learned the correct tense of a few basic english words. My correct:"QUOTE"I'm a business men ."END QUOTE"You are never a "men". Men is the plural tense of the word "man", meaning more than 1 man. Just had to do it... stuff like that stands out. To me atleast...

Chase Barnett