14 members have voted

1. 1. Medium Category: Pick the Best One

• Carenado TBM
    • Carenado Citation CJ2
    • Flight 1 Mustang
  2. 2. Smaller Category: Pick the Best One

• Flight 1 King Air B200
    • Carenado PC 12

In my last thread there was too many unanswered questions - and bias. so i didn't purchase aircraft but got some scenery 

I have a poll. and a few questions - simple but complete answers and no arguing.

Questions

Carenado

1.   I Have seen so many complaints about  Carenado's Hawker 850 and C550 - at this moment in time which aircraft has LESS bugs?

Flight 1

2. I am not a G1000 person and i don't think an GTN750 is possible for Flight 1 mustang - so can someone confirm if i can fly sids and stars with this aircraft ( obviously i will update navigraph )

Eaglesoft

3. Questions solved . Windows 8 Eaglesoft

Answer = Yes it does work.

EXPRESS YOURSELF

Last thread we had unnecessary bias - with the above products/companies tell me why i should go for it.

POLL

Nathan

All Eaglesoft planes work in W8 when W8 users reclaim their OS from W8 security bloat.
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/396505-fsx

We suggest that all Win 8 Users have a close look with full attention to the following:
barryc99 wrote: I had a similar issue with windows 8. Noticed Windows Problem Reporting popping up in task manger. Turned it OFF. Issue went away.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Action Center\Problem Reporting Settings - Never check for solutions.

Update! Same user now reports that ALL ES Aircraft work well under Win8 when the above precautions are taken!

Note: This advice applies to W10 users as well as W8 users. :wink:

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

If you ask about honest opinions of companies like Carenado, you are going to get them. So don't be surprised if many comments are negative.

The Flight1 G1000 does not model VNAV but does let you program sid/stars. I don't think it lets you input airways though.

I do not have W8 but I think Win10 is an issue not 8.

All Eaglesoft planes work in W8 when W8 users reclaim their OS from W8 security bloat.

Thank you , 1 question answered. Eaglesoft.

If you ask about honest opinions of companies like Carenado, you are going to get them. So don't be surprised if many comments are negative.

The Flight1 G1000 does not model VNAV but does let you program sid/stars. I don't think it lets you input airways though.

I do not have W8 but I think Win10 is an issue not 8.

Flight 1 Mustang SIDS/ STARS

SIDS/STARS  is this correct cause i believe this mustang is very old. i always get conflicting answers over flight 1 mustang SIDS/STARS via G1000

Flight 1 Mustang G1000 uses SIDS/STARS .  It has NAVDATA updatable thru Navigraph subscription. There is no major need to have VNAV as there is now a "banana" on the MFD.   There is no major need to have airways.  Just enter your entry and exit waypoints desired for the airway and the flight path will be displayed perfectly on the MFD.

IMHO, the finest 2 business jets available for FSX / P3D are the F1 Mustang and the ESDG Citation X :smile: .  They fill 2 different niches because of different speeds, capacities, ranges, etc.  I only choose one over the other to fulfill these needs.

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

Flight 1 Mustang G1000 uses SIDS/STARS .  It has NAVDATA updatable thru Navigraph subscription. There is no major need to have VNAV as there is now a "banana" on the MFD.   There is no major need to have airways.  Just enter your entry and exit waypoints desired for the airway and the flight path will be displayed perfectly on the MFD.

IMHO, the finest 2 business jets available for FSX / P3D are the F1 Mustang and the ESDG Citation X :smile: .  They fill 2 different niches because of different speeds, capacities, ranges, etc.  I only choose one over the other to fulfill these needs.

so the closest to flying airways is waypoint to waypoint via entry / exit? that's a bit more workload when i'm flying on vatsim:)

Thanks for clearing up the SID/STARS.

G1000 has ils feature ? - to help aid in IMC weather? or is it un flyable in IMC Weather? RNAV ?

Not sure why you say more workload - those waypoints MUST already be in your flight plan .  Not sure what you mean - "unflyable in IMC weather" ?   Are you asking if the G1000 has weather radar ?  No.

RNAV departures and approaches are definitely modeled.

WAT1460.png

You can fly both the Carenado Cj2 and the Mustang in IMC weather.

Both the Cj2 and the Mustang support SIDS/STARS, The Cj2 FMC allows you to input full airways to your FP, the Mustang does not support airways. RNAV both.

The CJ2 has a weather radar, not sure about its accuracy though.

The Mustang is a bit heavier on the frame rates.

Update: You may also consider the Carenado Embraer Phenom 300, its brand new and it comes with a Garmin G1000, and you can retrofit it with a GTN750 and have all the goodies.

Not sure why you say more workload - those waypoints MUST already be in your flight plan .  Not sure what you mean - "unflyable in IMC weather" ?   Are you asking if the G1000 has weather radar ?  No.

RNAV departures and approaches are definitely modeled.

not weather radar - i meant ils alignment.

You can fly both the Carenado Cj2 and the Mustang in IMC weather.

Both the Cj2 and the Mustang support SIDS/STARS, The Cj2 FMC allows you to input full airways to your FP, the Mustang does not support airways. RNAV both.

The CJ2 has a weather radar, not sure about its accuracy though.

The Mustang is a bit heavier on the frame rates.

Update: You may also consider the Carenado Embraer Phenom 300, its brand new and it comes with a Garmin G1000, and you can retrofit it with a GTN750 and have all the goodies.

just watched an embraer 300 video and there was issues with the autopilot? 

just watched an embraer 300 video and there was issues with the autopilot?

I believe Bert's mod fixes the autopilot. FD and AP modes. FLC (w/current speed), Pitch functional.

• Upvote 1

The G1000 shines in bad weather - that's the point of glass - to help with situational awareness.

For ILS / conventional approaches tune the navaid frequency in nav1. For RNAV (GPS) approaches select the IAP in the G1000. If I recall, Flight1 actually provides the WAAS enabled approaches (the ones charted with LPV minimums)... Or maybe it is the ability to have a coupled approach with LPV minimums. Either way, yes the F1 G1000 can do a lot in bad weather (and in good weather!)

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So basically no carenado planes have sid and star capability?

And for the Carenado Embraer can a Reality XP do the job of doing sids and stars

Are you even following what is being said here ?

Kabronicus has already stated that the CJ2 525A supports Sids and Stars that's why it's FMC utilizes the Navigraph navdata. 

What Glynn said ^^^^^^^^