Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

If You Can Read This The Beers Are On Me

Since 3.2 RemoteFlightServer, which connects with FSUIPC and sends data to the RemoteFlight app running instruments on my iPad, has been crashing. Sometimes it coincides with a full crash of P3D, but most often not. Sometimes it goes hours without a problem, and sometimes it's more persistent. Below are the event details. I've emailed the dev but not heard back yet. If anyone can make sense of this the beers are on me - it far exceeds my level of geek expertise. Thanks much.

Faulting application name: RemoteFlightServer.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52cc6138

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.162, time stamp: 0x56cd55ab

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000bdad8

Faulting process id: 0x5a4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d18de550a8b300

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\RemoteFlightServer\RemoteFlightServer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 1a6f3e5e-ab4a-4939-bd98-13eca229c862

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: RemoteFlightServer.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.VerifyAccess() at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(System.Windows.DependencyProperty, System.Object) at RemoteFlightServer.MainWindow.startServer() at RemoteFlightServer.MainWindow.FSConnected() at RemoteFlightServer.FSUIPCProvider.CheckConnection(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at RemoteFlightServer.FSUIPCProvider.updateData(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at RemoteFlightServer.MainWindow.HandleClientComm(System.Object) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Good thing I don't drink. :D

I'm sure Rob Ainscough will chime and get tell you EXACTLY what either you or LM did wrong and it will be fixed.

Cheers!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

May be a dumb question, but have you tried updating to the latest version of FSUIPC? It could be an issue of P3D in its latest version clashing with an older version of FSUIPC...

A

Are you running the RemoteServer as Administrator?

The log entry 'System.InvalidOperationException at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.VerifyAccess()' implies to me that the program does not have sufficient privileges.

Cheers!

David Haynes

Are you running the RemoteServer as Administrator?

The log entry 'System.InvalidOperationException at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.VerifyAccess()' implies to me that the program does not have sufficient privileges.

!!

That's an excellent question. Probably not. I'll check.

BasementFlyGuy

I would guess that the only ones able to help you are the developers of RFS. Even then they will have to know exactly when, how, what, etc was happening when the crash occurred to be able to start helping you.

That log will help close to nothing at all. I am a developer and to me it means the same as it means to you:

RemoteFlightServer.exe, version: 1.0.0.0 crashed when accessing KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.162, issuing an Exception whose code is 0xe0434352.

Only the developer knows why would it access KERNELBASE.dll and what's it doing with it to start looking for issues there.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

According to the AVSIM CTD Guide:

Kernelbase.dll – No known fix but some have solved this problem by -

• Updating or reinstalling their video card drivers. 
  • Scanning your system for corrupt/missing files )
  • Disable startup programs by typing msconfig in the Windows search box.  When open, look at the Startup tab and disable all startups (they are all not needed for operation of your computer).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I would guess that the only ones able to help you are the developers of RFS. Even then they will have to know exactly when, how, what, etc was happening when the crash occurred to be able to start helping you.

That log will help close to nothing at all. I am a developer and to me it means the same as it means to you:

RemoteFlightServer.exe, version: 1.0.0.0 crashed when accessing KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.162, issuing an Exception whose code is 0xe0434352.

Only the developer knows why would it access KERNELBASE.dll and what's it doing with it to start looking for issues there.

That's about what I expected. I'll try the admin idea and see what happens. In the meantime I'm running Air Manager iPad without difficulty.

BasementFlyGuy

Everything was in admin mode. I've run several health check runs from the command prompt, and it looks like I have a corrupt file tied to the NVIDIA driver. Going to pull and re-install etc. and see if that's part of the issue. In the meantime Air Manager works great, but the Cessna gauges have a light grey metal background that looks bad against the rest of the cockpit. So for now I'm flying with Beech gauges instead. Thank goodness for virtual instruments!

BasementFlyGuy