Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

One simple word describes P3D v3.2.3....

Fantastic!

I have been using this extensively over the last three days, since installing...and have it set up, running pretty hot, visually.

The sim is simply...fantastic!   I am so hooked through the mouth.... :P

BTW, if anybody already has MyTraffic 5.x series, of any kind..and wishes to have that same traffic in P3D v3.2.x...

Let me know...I'll have you up and running in less than 10 minutes after my instructions.  The models look great...and you don't even have to port the whole folder from your FSX or P3D v2.x folder into your P3D v3.x location.  You only have to point to the other folder/sim.

Easy as pie...and looks great!

Happy flying all...

2016_4_9_10_42_30_634.png

2016_4_9_10_49_3_349.png

2016_4_9_10_53_9_789.png

The new actual wave actions upon your sim-objects, planes, boats...is worth to me, the TOTAL cost of purchasing V3.2    If seaplane operators of v2.x are happy with that...your mind will be blown with what you can now have with v3.2 seaplane operations.  Virtual is NOW...:)

2016_4_9_10_57_5_926.png

Glad you're enjoing Mitch. See you got your initial performance issue figured out?

Glad you're enjoing Mitch. See you got your initial performance issue figured out?

Hi Dylan!    Yes, I sure did :)

Well, I at first had two issues...low FPS and blurry textures.  Those both have been eliminated. Now...the only 'problem' I have left.... is to try and curtail my urge to press the screen capture key...but...well...I am working on that, LOL!  I'm in Screen Capture Recovery.... :hi:

Cheers 'n beers,

Mitch

Mitch, where are your colors... ? :fool:

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I like them toned down from the green in your face, that the old P3D or FSX gave me...

I have my virtual world, as I wanted it...a little more muted. :)

Still playing around...and enjoying the experience immensely.  I encourage others FSX or prior vP3D users to jump on-board.  So many new advantages...and too few time to type...

Cheers,

I like them toned down from the green in your face, that the old P3D or FSX gave me...

I have my virtual world, as I wanted it...a little more muted. :)

Still playing around...and enjoying the experience immensely.  I encourage others FSX or prior vP3D users to jump on-board.  So many new advantages...and too few time to type...

Cheers,

That's all that counts . Have a lot of fun flying around !

Regards,

Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Why does it look so dark?

My settings....yours can be as bright as what appeals to you. :)

Also, it depends as well, on your monitor settings. I have Dynamic Contrast...and while active on the screen, it is slightly brighter than what you might be seeing, with your brightness and contrast settings....

Bring up your monitor brightness/contrast, and the scene will come up as well.... :)

My settings....yours can be as bright as what appeals to you. :)

This!!!

P3D now offers great scope, along with some nice visual tweaks, should you wish to delve in to some shader files.

So you can go from black and white, to ott crap like I'm enjoying right now ;)

Power to the people :)

JooiE15.jpg

Cropped.

• Upvote 2

This!!! P3D now offers great scope, along with some nice visual tweaks, should you wish to delve in to some shader files. So you can go from black and white, to ott crap like I'm enjoying right now ;) Power to the people :) JooiE15.jpgCropped.

Cool shot!

Hi Dylan!    Yes, I sure did :)

Well, I at first had two issues...low FPS and blurry textures.  Those both have been eliminated. Now...the only 'problem' I have left.... is to try and curtail my urge to press the screen capture key...but...well...I am working on that, LOL!  I'm in Screen Capture Recovery.... :hi:

Cheers 'n beers,

Mitch

So how did you eliminate the blurries you were having?

So how did you eliminate the blurries you were having?

I had taken about ten or more 2-5 minute flights over the course of installing and setting up v3.2, as I was installing 3rd Party items, and tweaking the .cfg file.  On my last tweak, of the .cfg file, and the different settings within v3.2, I ran the sim on the last 'blurry ground texture start'.  I decided to just keep going and see what happened, and to make sure that I didn't suffer an OOM with my rather full-out settings.

Into the flight where you see my screen grabs, all of a sudden, my FPS went right up to my max locked setting, and the ground textures resolved into crystal clear from any altitude.  I think that the shaders keep updating, and you need to run a flight until they do. When they do, they are fully 'matured' (my words, my thoughts) and any further flights/usage will have no blurries. That is what happened to my system.  

With every subsequent flight since, it has been..as clear as my 'base clearness' with v2.4.of which I was very happy with.

My FPS have stayed at max, as well as everything clear, no matter what I fly over, since the sim 'cleared up itself'.....   I'm sorry if that is not truly a true 'technical' how to...but that is what happened, and that's the best way I can describe it.  The clear and blurry free performance seems stable, since that 1 hour flight in total.  

I was thinking again regarding your color saturation and tone question, and while looking at my Mackinac Bridge and Island screen grabs, it seems, that I prefer the color saturation and look of FS9, over the more deeper cartoonish color of FSX and P3D prior to the new HDR availability to mold the color and tone to whatever you personally want. So..I guess, you could call my P3D v3.2 shots as emulating what I see in FS9.   It's so cool that I can do this...so very cool... 

I had taken about ten or more 2-5 minute flights over the course of installing and setting up v3.2, as I was installing 3rd Party items, and tweaking the .cfg file.  On my last tweak, of the .cfg file, and the different settings within v3.2, I ran the sim on the last 'blurry ground texture start'.  I decided to just keep going and see what happened, and to make sure that I didn't suffer an OOM with my rather full-out settings.

Into the flight where you see my screen grabs, all of a sudden, my FPS went right up to my max locked setting, and the ground textures resolved into crystal clear from any altitude.  I think that the shaders keep updating, and you need to run a flight until they do. When they do, they are fully 'matured' (my words, my thoughts) and any further flights/usage will have no blurries. That is what happened to my system.  

With every subsequent flight since, it has been..as clear as my 'base clearness' with v2.4.of which I was very happy with.

My FPS have stayed at max, as well as everything clear, no matter what I fly over, since the sim 'cleared up itself'.....   I'm sorry if that is not truly a true 'technical' how to...but that is what happened, and that's the best way I can describe it.  The clear and blurry free performance seems stable, since that 1 hour flight in total.  

Ah unfortunately it doesn't just clear up for me. I have blurries on approach after 2 hours. Considerably less and not very noticeable after some tweaking but they are still there.

This!!!

P3D now offers great scope, along with some nice visual tweaks, should you wish to delve in to some shader files.

So you can go from black and white, to ott crap like I'm enjoying right now ;)

Power to the people :)

JooiE15.jpg

Cropped.

Wow, that looks great. No offense to Mitch though since it's his thread, but I like the colors more than a muted, almost black and white visual.

Whatever makes you happy though.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator