Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

Honestly, I highly doubt LM would use a tool such as he has done.  They would just make the shader values the same as he has.  However, if they use the values he has come about with, or they used his values to start and tweaked them, his massive contribution should certainly be acknowledged by LM.

Uh, not exactly. LM has previously added settings to the P3d UI which alter variables that used to be constants in the shader source files (Bloom, HDR, etc.). BTW, Rob A. has already hinted at the option you proposed and that the Rayleigh scattering will be added to version 3.3. We shall see.

• Upvote 1

Uh, not exactly. LM has previously added settings to the P3d UI which alter variables that used to be constants in the shader source files (Bloom, HDR, etc.). BTW, Rob A. has already hinted at the option you proposed and that the Rayleigh scattering will be added to version 3.3. We shall see.

Right.  Should have clarified.  They changed the UI, but they didn't do a separate tool.  I find it unlikely that they would reverse engineer, or take his tool and put it into the core of the sim or UI somehow.  They would probably just add the code to the base engine/UI from scratch, to manipulate the shader values just like his tool does.  But, I'm not a programmer so take all that with himalayan salt lamp  :Tounge:

hps-lamp-amazon-206x300.jpg

Pe11e, the magic you worked here has made me upgrade from V2.5 to V3.  Just happened.   :Party:

• Upvote 1

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

Has anybody tested the RSP on a triple monitor setup with Nvidia Surround? The scenery sure looks nice but the VC is so dark in the middle of the day that the panel is almost black. I can hardly read the gauges or find switches. Makes the RSP totally unusable for me.

I recall that last year there was a thread here on AVSIM where people discussed shader mods to make the night darker. In this case, one also had to use totally different values for a triple monitor setup because the single monitor settings posted in the thread made everything way too dark. Maybe it's the same issue.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Has anybody tested the RSP on a triple monitor setup with Nvidia Surround? The scenery sure looks nice but the VC is so dark in the middle of the day that the panel is almost black. I can hardly read the gauges or find switches. Makes the RSP totally unusable for me.

I recall that last year there was a thread here on AVSIM where people discussed shader mods to make the night darker. In this case, one also had to use totally different values for a triple monitor setup because the single monitor settings posted in the thread made everything way too dark. Maybe it's the same issue.

VC shadows depends on terrain brightness chosen in the tool and sky textures used. You can install terrain brightness high shader via the tool, re-install the autogen fix, or you can try another sky textures or edit them by yourself. There is one pixel that defines the shadow color in the VC.

For some reason brightness of autogen is directly connected with cockpit shadow brightness. That's why you must choose high or medium brightness for terrain and re-install autogen fix.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

...  I noticed my cockpit very dark in some aircraft and pretty good in others.  though in the darker ones they are well lit when the sunlight comes in.  

Can't a way be implemented using that 'light' source as a background type of lighting in the cockpit to give a bit of illumination to the panel ?

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

...  I noticed my cockpit very dark in some aircraft and pretty good in others.  though in the darker ones they are well lit when the sunlight comes in.  

Can't a way be implemented using that 'light' source as a background type of lighting in the cockpit to give a bit of illumination to the panel ?

I usually have to pan around in the cockpit a bit for the "darkness" to sort of smooth out. For instance, switching between FMC view and Captain view. I think it is a new feature in v3.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

VC shadows depends on terrain brightness chosen in the tool and sky textures used. You can install terrain brightness high shader via the tool, re-install the autogen fix, or you can try another sky textures or edit them by yourself. There is one pixel that defines the shadow color in the VC.

I already tried that. Doesn't work. E.g. in the PMDG 777 or NGX the panel in the VC is way too dark. Would be nice to hear if anyone with a triple monitor setup has been successful to get the RSP working with visible panels...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Not sure what RSP means but np here with triple monitors and cockpits. In terms of settings I have had to increase the brightness to compensate... But I love the end result. Could it be better? Sure.... when independent control can be given to the cockpit shaders, it will be. But even now it's a big improvement.

Not sure what RSP means...

Hi,

You've probably worked it out by now, but in case you haven't:

RealismShaderPack = RSP

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

I have been testing the ADAPTATION_RATE_SCALAR parameter in the [GRAPHICS] section, it works, and in my case helps me find the perfect balance.

A value of 10 (which i currently have), makes lighting adapt much faster to the new camera position. Some of you might find this useful. I don't recall what was the default value, but removing the line will restore it (i think it is 0.5).

I also don't know about the value range, it requires some testing.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I have been testing the ADAPTATION_RATE_SCALAR parameter in the [GRAPHICS] section, it works, and in my case helps me find the perfect balance.

A value of 10 (which i currently have), makes lighting adapt much faster to the new camera position. Some of you might find this useful. I don't recall what was the default value, but removing the line will restore it (i think it is 0.5).

I also don't know about the value range, it requires some testing.

Thanks!

- Nick

Like flight sim videos? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488157-flight-sim-video-survey/#entry3416965

Like fighter jets/planes? Do me a favor and take a quick survey: http://www.avsim.com/topic/488215-what-fighter-jetsplanes-do-you-enjoy-watching-in-fs-videos/#entry3417428

Not sure what RSP means but np here with triple monitors and cockpits. In terms of settings I have had to increase the brightness to compensate... But I love the end result. Could it be better? Sure.... when independent control can be given to the cockpit shaders, it will be. But even now it's a big improvement.

Lol.. This really made me laugh.. The guy posts in the main thread about Realism Shader Pack and says he doesn't know what "RSP" is! Priceless...

• Upvote 1

Lol.. This really made me laugh.. The guy posts in the main thread about Realism Shader Pack and says he doesn't know what "RSP" is! Priceless...

Don't be so harsh guys. I didn't knew what AFK means few months ago! Kept seeing that message in one chat and kept typing while wondering why the person on the other side is not answering.  :Tounge:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Don't be so harsh guys. I didn't knew what AFK means few months ago! Kept seeing that message in one chat and kept typing while wondering why the person on the other side is not answering.  :Tounge:

Yes, I agree, I didn't know either what JFK was all about untill I saw the news of the killing!

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.