Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Carenado's new Aero Commander 500

I'm not sure, wether I should have posted this under the P3D forum or here, as I post a few screenshots. 

Once I learned a few months ago that Carenado was working on the AC 500, I really got excited, as I have flown in her as passenger a couple of times. I didn’t test any systems yet. I just took her out for a spin around Pago Pago and wanted to experience her behavior in flight. In short, she flies like a dream or like I think a plane of that age should behave. Also landing her was a walk in the park. The cabin has a vintage (or should I say: worn) appearance that fits the plane just right and the engine sound is just the way I seem to remember it. I think that I will log plenty of hours in this one.

1.jpg

2.jpg

The usual suspects in the office

3.jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

From what I have experienced on this short flight, this is going to be a definite keeper and I am sure, Milton Shupe will like this child of his "baby" too 

• Upvote 5

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Very nice pictures!

I too want to fly it in that area, I was thinking Tapini.

Yep, nice pics - didn't know this one was out.

I really, really, really hope that Dan makes this a priority job for converting to X-Plane.  I'm that doubtful I'll pick it up for FSX/P3D, but I'll jump on it should it become available for X-Plane. :smile:

Impressive twin! The old lass looks like she's been around the block a few times, but still classy... and I'm not much of a fan  (pun intended) of twins (purely based on looks alone, given what else I can fly in the sim world). Thanks for posting!

It looks like it was ditched a time or two. :smile:

Good stuff. If it was a car I was looking to buy I think I'd pass, even more so a plane, but I guess its fine :)

..If it was a car I was looking to buy I think I'd pass, even more so a plane..

Well if the price was too good to miss, she had appropriate airworthiness and servicing certificates & documentation... and she didn't smell of dead bodies and/or cannabis, then I'd buy her! :D

and she didn't smell of dead bodies and/or cannabis, then I'd buy her! :D

:lol: That's always a plus.

• Upvote 1

Great shots beautiful location...love that high wing classic!

HLJAMES