Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Since installing P3D v3.2.3, only the best-of-the-best!

You are a funny man Jim, hum.. Yashi, hum.. son of Hugh or Hiyashi.

Have a nice day

Pierre (called Pete, son of Omer etc...)

Ok, THAT truly gave me a laugh.  :LMAO:

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

IMHO, the discussions about settings, etc keep it out of the screenshot forum realm but if more people keep posting screenshots showing how their sim looks - it will probably get moved.

Just as an aside, Mitch has been posting his "attaboy" comments for years. On occasion, he complained but more often than not he shared his excitement and enjoyment of our hobby. Frankly, I'd rather have 10 "Mitch's" posting than one of the never ending complainers who provide no purpose other than to tell us how much they don't like xxx sim.

Just MHO,

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Frankly, I'd rather have 10 "Mitch's" posting than one of the never ending complainers who provide no purpose other than to tell us how much they don't like xxx sim.

Which is of course a fine opinion to have but pointless positive posts are not any more relevant than posts where people are frustrated and trying to make things better for their setups ("complainers" to you apparently)

I get frustrated with people not realizing that forums are not supposed to be just a bulletin board of positive happy-go-lucky stuff at all times, which I get the feeling some people think based on mentioning "complainers" in a negative light

Learning new information, gathering thoughts, solving problems, asking questions, sharing photos, voicing frustrations, talking hopes on new features, comparing Sims… It's all fair game and that's the whole point here

Which is of course a fine opinion to have but pointless positive posts are not any more relevant than posts where people are frustrated and trying to make things better for their setups ("complainers" to you apparently)

I get frustrated with people not realizing that forums are not supposed to be just a bulletin board of positive happy-go-lucky stuff at all times, which I get the feeling some people think based on mentioning "complainers" in a negative light

Learning new information, gathering thoughts, solving problems, asking questions, sharing photos, voicing frustrations, talking hopes on new features, comparing Sims… It's all fair game and that's the whole point here

I guess I didn't make the proper definition of what *I* consider "complainers". Posters with legitimate, gripes and seeking help are not the "complainers" to which I was referring. I'm talking of the poster who continually posts the same gripes - not really seeking help but more seeking an outlet to vent. The poster who has a problem and expresses his displeasure BUT is open to a discussion as to how to resolve the issue - that, to me is not a complainer.

There IS a difference. And I will always view that type of "complainer" in a negative light as in my experience, they ALWAYS have an agenda - maybe not immediately apparent but there nevertheless.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I guess I didn't make the proper definition of what *I* consider "complainers". Posters with legitimate, gripes and seeking help are not the "complainers" to which I was referring. I'm talking of the poster who continually posts the same gripes - not really seeking help but more seeking an outlet to vent. The poster who has a problem and expresses his displeasure BUT is open to a discussion as to how to resolve the issue - that, to me is not a complainer.

There IS a difference. And I will always view that type of "complainer" in a negative light as in my experience, they ALWAYS have an agenda - maybe not immediately apparent but there nevertheless.

Vic

Some are surprisingly effective and a necessary evil. They get things done faster with certain developers and updates :)

I'm just gonna throw this out there, and while I'm not much of a religious person, this seems appropriate:

"Let he without sin, cast the first stone".

Personally, I think this thread has run its course, given that it's true intent was more appropriate for the Screenshots Forum...just my opinion, which I think is still worth 2 cents.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

The poster who has a problem and expresses his displeasure BUT is open to a discussion as to how to resolve the issue - that, to me is not a complainer.

But what if someone simply doesn't like something?

What if it's not an "issue that can be solved" sort of thing?

Are people not allowed to comment?

Do you only want to allow positive glowing gush with no actual purpose vs the opposite of that?

I don't know - I just always find that people are quick to allow and crowd hound around completely pointless excessive positive posting and very quick to dismiss anything that's seen by them as "negative" or "something they just don't agree with" as "complaining" and want it gone.

What's useful or negative or complaining...it's largely a subjective analysis on what is what and to whom, isn't it?

For anyone familiar with all the features of this website, there is a little used feature called Private Messaging.  Maybe our friends here could exercise that?

Just a thought. :dance:

• Upvote 1

Not liking something and stating your opinion is free speech. Continually repeating the same displeasure becomes argumentative and could be considered trolling.

That said - I agree with Yashigashi - this thread has run it's course.

Vic