Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Since installing P3D v3.2.3, only the best-of-the-best!

...well guys 'n gals, all I can say, is that from the first couple of .cfg tweaks, needed to bring up my FPS from stock running, it has been nothing but a most satisfying user experience, I have ever had with any MS-based flight sim.  The short text...is that even with loading the base sim up with everything 3rdP that I own....P3D v3.2.3 has been nothing short of amazing.  Smooth animation, right down to 11 FPS. Yep...no typo...11 FPS, when ASN is giving me solid to-the-horizon multi-layer action.  That is the only time I drop below a base of 18 FPS.  

I have the sim cranked wide open, in all  Scenery sliders, with water set to High, not Ultra.  Special effects are also cranked full on.

Traffic at 50 percent

0 G.A.

Boats at 12

Right now below, I am heading to the active at Myrtle Beach, for a Dawn departure, under ASN.

The experience has been nothing short of critique-free. No issues. No negatives...only high positives.  For any FSX'er that thinks there is 'nothing to see' beyond even FSX DX10.  May I be so bold, as to say you are most seriously in error.

I have always maintained that P3D was merely FSX, cleaned up...before the v3.x series.  That opinion is no longer held.....

Lockheed Martin's P3D v3.x...stands on its own two feet....and rock solid.

Cheers,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Untitled.png

2016_5_12_5_53_24_868.png

2016_5_12_6_8_0_775.png

On my way to Charleston, S.C....a 'la P3D v3.2.3.   Fine wine...smooth, with a great finish!

2016_5_12_6_11_8_437.png

2016_5_12_6_11_45_288.png

2016_5_12_6_11_53_563.png

2016_5_12_6_15_1_247.png

Might make a little observation.  I know how much you love GA aircraft and that is fine, but with your ongoing discussion about settings and fps, you have to take into consideration that if you fly a more complex aircraft, these high settings vs. fps will change a lot.  Sure, it's great flying GA aircraft with the settings set high and it stands to reason you would get higher fps (although that point is moot with v3), but try sitting in a PMDG aircraft or equivalent and let us know if you get the same fps...sorry, performance as before with GA aircraft.

• Upvote 3

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Might make a little observation.  I know how much you love GA aircraft and that is fine, but with your ongoing discussion about settings and fps, you have to take into consideration that if you fly a more complex aircraft, these high settings vs. fps will change a lot.  Sure, it's great flying GA aircraft with the settings set high and it stands to reason you would get higher fps (although that point is moot with v3), but try sitting in a PMDG aircraft or equivalent and let us know if you get the same fps...sorry, performance as before with GA aircraft.

No doubt...but if one sees what I can get...and at my settings...they DO have the choice to try out G.A. at those settings and see for themselves how great P3D 3.2.3 can put out the sim as it was designed to do.  Running the sim at restricted settings, only gives the user the choice over higher FPS at the cost of loss of features rendered. 

I guess that anyone that is operating a study-class cockpit, and will eventually be operating their flight deck in the FL's. really doesn't need any true graphic or auto-gen to be replicated, for at FL280 or higher...there is nothing to see, anyways.  

My examples, yes..mostly, represent WHAT can be seen, and rendered, at 5,500 feet or lower, and still have good animation and control., with scenery generation as max as the engine can display.

My posts truly, have never been attempted to cater to high altitude, study-class cockpit operators, or have they been represented that way, Yash. That's why I always give screen shots, to show at what user-base, I am posting to.

My posts always, are visually geared to the G.A. flyer...and as to what can be achieved visually, within that genre of flight operations.

Tubers, have other meets-needs, requirements;  mainly, high FPS, at the cost of superior graphic rendering.  I know that... :)

Try panning at 18 fps or using track ir. I guarantee it's not smooth.

• Upvote 2

Try panning at 18 fps or using track ir. I guarantee it's not smooth.

Glen, I am mostly, lol..outside the cockpit..and pan all the time...and yes...no jerk...smooth animation.  That's what makes this version rock.  Also, I might add that scenery is flying off the H.D. at 10,000 RPM..( W.D. Velociraptors) .and I think that might also have a lot to do with it.

I do not own or have used at any time, Track IR.  All my shots are without that in play.

Hardware config's...do affect the final outcome,as we have all seen time and time, again.

Here is basically my standard M.O.  I love to see the virtual world, and not be restricted by the cabin windows...once I am either in stable free flight, or have set up an autopilot maintenance, I go to Outside Spot View (not locked) and enjoy the flight path...all with many 360 rubber-neck panning episodes:

2016_5_12_6_18_6_522.png

2016_5_12_6_52_39_257.png

2016_5_12_6_59_20_29.png

2016_5_12_7_0_9_682.png

2016_5_12_7_1_21_983.png

2016_5_12_7_1_32_664.png

2016_5_12_7_2_7_730.png

2016_5_12_7_3_1_147.png

2016_5_12_7_3_2_550.png

2016_5_12_7_16_0_339.png

2016_5_12_7_17_34_46.png

2016_5_12_7_18_17_825.png

Cheers,

Mitch

hey Mitch, I keep seeing this plane of yours, Carenado Cessna 172 float version? As for your flying style, with GA, it's mine too currently given how little time that I have.  RealAir and the Mustang (well also the KingAirs) are what I am using.  Not sure whether I will ever go back to tube.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

hey Mitch, I keep seeing this plane of yours, Carenado Cessna 172 float version? As for your flying style, with GA, it's mine too currently given how little time that I have.  RealAir and the Mustang (well also the KingAirs) are what I am using.  Not sure whether I will ever go back to tube.

Vu, hello...it's the Carenado Cessna StationAir 6.  You get both amphib and wheeled versions for the same price. On the Amphib, the landing gear retracts into or extends out, from the pontoon bodies.

I just love this plane. Old school cockpit, not tricked out...but man-o-man...does it fly so well.  I have really gotten great at proper trim-out with this plane..and can usually maintain a 1 or 2 drop or ascent in feet per minute, or even none at all..., of my target cruise altitude. It does have auto-pilot, but is an older version of that technology.  

With this plane, I can land, or take off anywhere I choose...great climb...great sound, can handle six virtual passengers...and a great value for what this plane can cover...

When I want to emulate a commercial flight within either P3D or FSX, I just use the FSX 737-800 model..and it gets me where I need to go.

For study level...and I have 'em...I use exclusively FS9..especially now with Sascha's great EVO2015/16 world textures and seasons.

Cheers!

Mitch

All I can say is either my eyes are very sensitive to it or your 18 fps is very different from my 18 fps

• Upvote 1

I love it too Mitch, but when I get to 11 fps, my head begins wobble back and forth in time with the screen.

Bob

Tubers, have other meets-needs, requirements;  mainly, high FPS, at the cost of superior graphic rendering.  I know that... :)

That is not necessarily the case.  If you have been using P3D v3 long enough, fps are almost a moot point.  Smooth and stable is where it's at.  Yes, it is great that for GA flying, you can achieve the high fps as long as you can maintain smooth and stable too.  At lower altitudes, the rendering is a little more intense as I have seen quite a lot flying GA.

Anyways, i wasn't criticizing, just putting the whole "other aircraft and performance" option out there.

All I can say is either my eyes are very sensitive to it or your 18 fps is very different from my 18 fps

Hard to strengthen that claim without video.  If you are purposely looking for lag, then perhaps there would be differences, but for me personally, I concentrate on flying. :)

• Upvote 2

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hi Glen, 

It must truly be a very large part, what system components, our sims are sitting within.  

My eyes, are still in the 20/20 range...and as crazy and unbelieveable as when typed...P3D v3.2.3 has given me smoothness down to 11 FPS, with heavy action by ASN.  No earlier version of P3D, or ANY version of FSX (including DX10 mode) can I say, the same for.

P3D v3.2.3 has been the best performing MS-based flight sim, I have ever had the enjoyment to press the start button on....11 and higher FPS....with the above maxed out graphics settings----------->ALL GOOD!  :hi:

I'd have to argue this, because when you break down what fps is, it's frames per second, and at 11fps, I couldn't really see how that would be smooth.  I guess Mitch has better eyes than all of us.

• Upvote 1

I love it too Mitch, but when I get to 11 fps, my head begins wobble back and forth in time with the screen.

Bob

LOLOLOLOLOL!

Hi Bob!

I can ONLY state 11 FPS as flyable...in this version...anything else...was a 'time to go to the desktop', LOL! :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

Cheers,

Mitch

I'd have to argue this, because when you break down what fps is, it's frames per second, and at 11fps, I couldn't really see how that would be smooth.  I guess Mitch has better eyes than all of us.

Hi Yash,  it was only with this version that I got smooth animation with the FPS to the 11's.  Honestly, I had never seen this before..and it was this fact, that had me start raving about P3D v3.2.x in the first place.  I mean..what's not to love...max the sucker out...and who cares any longer about FPS performance!  WOW.... :)

18 FPS without clouds?

Wishes...

I don't quite follow what you mean?

In many of my shots, there are three layers of clouds...and with my above settings, still banging out 22-27 FPS.  Around Charleston on this flight, I went to 14 for a second or two...but (hush, hush...that was with Traffic set to 100 percent...so I could see lots of military action...)

Mitch