Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

Flight School Unlocked

Don't worry. I'm sure that when the full version is released, we will have all of the gamma and display controls to make it look however we want it to.  Also we will buying and pumping it up with new addon scenery.

I think it would be in DT's best interest to fix the lighting problems in Flight School... not just the full simulator.  After all, newcomers to virtual aviation don't enjoy ugly visuals any more than long-time simmers (in fact, they're probably even more critical).  It would also ease the minds of potential buyers of the full simulator that the graphics are moving forward and not backward.

• Upvote 1

I give up. I will wait for some update to return to this SIM. I am tired of fighting with the trim and flaps all the time. The flight dynamics are horrible.

Fighting with the trim and flaps?  I have no problems with neither trim or flaps.

I did have more than one controller set for trim without my knowing it.  Every time I would trim down, the trim would go back up.  It was very aggravating, but not DT's fault.  I had to go closely and check settings on every controller until I was sure that only my yoke was set to elevator trim, than it worked fine.

Fighting with the trim and flaps?  I have no problems with neither trim or flaps.

I did have more than one controller set for trim without my knowing it.  Every time I would trim down, the trim would go back up.  It was very aggravating, but not DT's fault.  I had to go closely and check settings on every controller until I was sure that only my yoke was set to elevator trim, than it worked fine.

This happened before the recently released updates. Now trim and flaps are working very well.

Ha! So much for next gen FS. What a pile of BS!

You have to be kidding. It has been stated numerous times by both DTG and Avsim members and staff that this is in no way "the  next gen FS).

I'll repeat one more time - This is an entry level sim mainly aimed at novice users. It is not intended to be a full-blown simulator. Just a way to get your feet wet and see if you might like flying.

Enough negativity already. If you don't like it so be it. No need for such comments.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Nothing more to say  :unknw: ? Too bad that a so important release (the reformulation of FSX  base, that was stopped since 2008) has not generated more comments. Ok, let's hope to see if the next updates will improve the colors of textures (general) and add some shadows to others simobjects.

Is it enought talk :unknw: ? It's a shame that a so important release (the reformulation of FSX  base, that was stopped since 2008) would generate more comments.

This is not an important release, at all.

• Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Sethos1988, I respect your opinion but the DTG Flight school will be the base of a new simulator to be released later this year. Being a continuation of FSX (stopped since 2008) in my opinion this is a very important release to flight simulation community especially for beginners. By the way, in 1988 I already was playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 3.0, hence my interest in the continued development (and improvment) of new simulators.

My expectation is 'so close to Prepar3d' it will be. The comparison is inevitable and this was the reason I buy it and closely monitor improvements. We already have three updates which shows the will of the DTG to improve.

"Excuse my bad English. I stopped speaking English since I retired 13 years ago."

I think they will need to improve that "base" a great deal before releasing the final product to the flight simulation community. I keep saying this, but I will repeat myself here.........DTG Flight Simulator needs to be a significantly improved alternative to FSX or P3D, not just a 64bit version with ORBx FTX Global thrown in for free.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sethos1988, I respect your opinion but the DTG Flight school will be the base of a new simulator to be released later this year. Being a continuation of FSX (stopped since 2008) in my opinion this is a very important release to flight simulation community especially for beginners. By the way, in 1988 I already was playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 3.0, hence my interest in the continued development (and improvment) of new simulators.

My expectation is 'so close to Prepar3d' it will be. The comparison is inevitable and this was the reason I buy it and closely monitor improvements. We already have three updates which shows the will of the DTG to improve.

"Excuse my bad English. I stopped speaking English since I retired 13 years ago."

From what I have seen, this release doesn't even come close to the standards that MS Flight had years ago. DTG and P3D aren't even in the same league. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I bought it to support development, but fully agree to Christopher and Bob. I well understand, we don't need a 737 for the first steps, we don't need the Saitek Panels working, we don't need networking. All this isn't really necessary for the beginner student pilot. There are a few better aspects like some cities and airports (I tried Vancouver) which thanks ORBX Global don't look too bad for a beginner and for the price, however lovely Squamish just around the corner is virtually non-existent (except the airfield).

I still don't get why a beginner student pilot whom they want to draw into this hobby is presented this poor graphics. Looking out of the cockpit I can only say: Fortunately our world doesn't look like this.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

From what I have seen, this release doesn't even come close to the standards that MS Flight had years ago. DTG and P3D aren't even in the same league. 

They are in the same league: they share the same graphic engine.

No amount of wishful thinking from your side will make P3D more than it actually is, sorry. If you really want to see something from another league, then go DCS or Aerofly 2.

• Upvote 1

FSIM-1988-2016.jpg

Unfortunately there are not the twin towers any more but the graphics has been better every day.

DTG is not all bad but it needs a differential that really impresses.

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately there are not the twin towers any more but the graphics has been better every day.

DTG is not all bad but it needs a differential that really impresses.

I tried the DTG, it lacks so many things, and  I am not going to waste my time listing them all. It might be ready for prime time in 3 or 4 years.

Edited by n4gix
Please do not quote images.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

This is not an important release, at all.

It's a low-profile release, that's for sure. We're coming up on 2 weeks after release, and as far as I can tell, it hasn't been picked up for reviews by any of the major gaming outlets like IGN, Gamespot, RPS, etc. Unless you happened to see it on the featured product slideshow on Steam during the first few days, I don't know how anyone would even know it's out there. Especially the non-flight-simmer audience they're shooting for.

This may, in part, be an unintended consequence of constantly saying "it's not for you!" to the established sim community. And that community includes reviewers at game sites who know something about flight sims. If Flight School had looked like more of a major advancement over FSX, a true preview of what's coming down the pike, then maybe more flight simmers would be recommending Flight School to "gamers" they know, to get them interested in flying. 

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

If Flight School had looked like more of a major advancement over FSX,

:t0103:

:t0152:

It's NOT meant to be an advancement over anything!

It's meant to be a stand-alone game for newbies, not for the likes of Bobsk8 & the other nay-sayers here.

It will be far more interesting hearing a report from a novice who is flying for the very first time!

:t4013:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...