Sign in to follow this  
RW1

Active Sky Weather Engine Preview

This thread needs to be tagged "Not Safe for Work" soon, with all this juicy, sexy information.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Quick question, will one be able to inject other cloud textures dynamically into the sim using your wx engine? Or will that require use of both AS textures and the wx engine in conjunction? 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

At the moment, dynamic graphics variation and reloading is supported only with AS16+ASCA, but we are working on an interface/API to allow other graphics products to use this technology in the future.

Just as a reminder, any/all graphics are supported with AS16 and even in conjunction with ASCA using category enable/disable to avoid conflict, it's just the realtime dynamics that are specific to AS16+ASCA at this time due to the complex nature of this capability.

• Upvote 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damian, could you tell if it supports the weather radar in Prosim as ASN does ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Damian, could you tell if it supports the weather radar in Prosim as ASN does ?

Yes, works the same way using FSUIPC which in turn uses Active Sky Radar API (which is universal between ASN and AS16).

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I have always loved ASN and this company and this will be an immediate purchase for me…

Can't wait!

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if it's only the cloud textures that will change dynamically during the flight, or sky textures as well?  It would be cool to have the sky color slightly changing on a flight from, let's say, Scandinavia to the Caribbean islands. Another great idea would be to change the runway textures "en route" when flying from airport A to airport B. All of the current texture programs do have some nice runway textures, but they are static, which means that the installed texture is identical on all default airports worldwide. With the option to change runway textures dynamically, it would be possible to take off at an airport that has some worn and dirty runway textures, but seeing fresh and new textures at the destination airport.

Yep sky textures do change the way you describe. But ASCA  does not include runway textures

Waiting for the release then ...

Damian, will ASCA work with Prosim like ASN does ?

Yes of course. 

Will this affect, or i suppose; will we lose compatibility with the PMDG weather radar?  

As Damian already responded backward  compatibility is kept and is first priority to us. The weather radar works the same   (and even better) way  it's  been working since we introduced it first about 2.5 years ago. Remember when we initially announced it everyone was  skeptical. But it took only a couple of months and it became reality. When we announce a feature  or new  functionality it usually means it's  already being tested for a significant amount of time and it's almost ready to release. This is something that the fellows who were lucky to attend fscon can verify as we had a demo of a system up and running. All these years we rely on a relationship with the community that is primarily basebased on confidence.  We always try to be sincere and avoid misleading with promises we either can't keep or fulfill only after  several  years later. So everything we present here is actually working and is the result of hard work we've done during these last 3 years.

Please have an option for 256 Textures, as with Overcast and 4xSGSAA even 980Ti could not help. 

It's there too  :)

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Eric

REX has already stated that this new product is NOT a weather engine.

Vic

Wow, I guess I misread that. To be honest, I now have no idea what really that REX software is supposed to do? Inject textures only?

The AS16 for P3D is sounding better and better the more I read from the dev's. I am curious if they are able to reproduce misting effects in P3D....

Eric 

I have tried ASN but did not fancy it's performance it lagged my simulator, but I did fancy it's weather generator it gave nice detailing of the weather on it's radar. I decided to switch to use REX Textures which made a difference in performance and quality.

I got a question when using REX for amazing Textures and ASN to generate the weather together would ASN cloud Textures appear along side REX or is it REX on it's own?

I have tried ASN but did not fancy it's performance it lagged my simulator, but I did fancy it's weather generator it gave nice detailing of the weather on it's radar. I decided to switch to use REX Textures which made a difference in performance and quality.

I got a question when using REX for amazing Textures and ASN to generate the weather together would ASN cloud Textures appear along side REX or is it REX on it's own?

These are NEW textures from ASCA so there is no comparison with "old" as2012 textures.

Just as a reminder, any/all graphics are supported with AS16 and even in conjunction with ASCA using category enable/disable to avoid conflict, it's just the realtime dynamics that are specific to AS16+ASCA at this time due to the complex nature of this capability.

Wow, I guess I misread that. To be honest, I now have no idea what really that REX software is supposed to do? Inject textures only?

I have no idea. I watched the same video and see a lot of different cloud textures that can be used with any weather engine.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I've had a few instances (especially with HiFi products) when conditions are right with turbulence and the scenery, things were so believable...and then I see some weird-looking cloud, it reminds me I'm on the computer, and totally ruins the moment.

To be able to fly in skies that look like what has been posted, would be very pleasing! to say the least. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

wow!!! sold !!! 100% cannot wait for this, this is what I have been waiting for!

Question

Will using 4xsgss with this have any performance issues fps drop in heavy dense clouds etc?

If not

Well... that's gold!!!

Cheers

Mike

Hi Damian

Thanks, and if so then this looks very promising, and hard to resist

Some videos showing the higher cloud structures would be great ....

Kind regards

Ray