Sign in to follow this  
RW1

Active Sky Weather Engine Preview

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's probably about time they came out with a new version rather than just free updates.

It looks great...really great...but what happens when you fly in them?  Zero visability, I hope. 

It's probably about time they came out with a new version rather than just free updates.

It includes Textures as well so it seems!! REX might have a new kid on the block...!!!

I guess I'm not sure what's exciting about it?

looks like a lot of what I see now?

• Upvote 3

"Textures will be automatically installed and updated dynamically as long as ASCA is running". And I'm sure that is based on real world weather conditions were your aircraft is at. 'Nough said, take my money!!

"Textures will be automatically installed and updated dynamically as long as ASCA is running". And I'm sure that is based on real world weather conditions were your aircraft is at. 'Nough said, take my money!!

What is ASCA?  

I am purely guessing off what I saw in the video, Active Sky Climate Automation??

I'm pretty sure that I noticed a few cloud textures that caught my attention, a couple of pretty tall thunder heads that I haven't seen depicted as well before. Active sky use to offer textures, AS 2012...(about 2007?) then they dropped the textures. Maybe they have snagged a new artist.  

Looks like they beat REX to the punch.

It want long ago that REX had announced a similar project that was going to be able to load different textures on the fly but now the Hifi folks have done it first and actually have something to show.

Should be interesting to see how it pans out.

What is ASCA?

At 01:39, the title of the window says 'Active Sky Cloud Art'.

It's pretty inefficient that we have two run two different weather programs, one for the engine and one for textures. This is a great idea, looking forward to it.

Didnt the textures load abruptly than a smooth transition to the new weather data?

Didnt the textures load abruptly than a smooth transition to the new weather data?

I saw that, hopefully that will be smoothed out. That sudden abrutness was very noticeable and an immersion killer.