Sign in to follow this  
fritzisbro

The new flight simulator 2016

I guess if they do enough with the engine, then it may be a worthwhile investment down the line. DTG Flight School hasn't exactly filled me with confidence though, and that is already 64bit. Hopefully they will have something to show at the Cosford 2016 flightsim show on October 8....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hopefully they will have something to show at the Cosford 2016 flightsim show on October 8....

Hope so too.

DTG Flight School hasn't exactly filled me with confidence though,

Not surprised.  It's a locked, stock sim all the way.

I had an Emuteq NC165 and it "Broke" with the release of Prepar3d and when I contacted the manufacturer he said he wasn't even going to update it for that..

So in a word no...I went down the Elite route...

Dave

Well, it was always said that Flight School was aimed at introducing flying to new guys/gals, & not targeted to us existing simmers.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I really hope DTG decides to add VC rain effects on the windshield similar to the ones used in their Train Simulator!  It's not very realistic flying in the rain and not seeing the drops on the windshield.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Wow, according to DTG_Martin, just today, posted on the steam forums:

​"Everyone wants sloped runways Duncan! It is certainly something that we want too. We will be at Cosford, but we will not be detailing anything about the new sim. We will be there showing FSX and Flight School...." (red, bold emphasis is mine).

Wow, less than 3 months away from release, and nothing will be shown? I am crossing my fingers and toes, but I am less confident now that we will see anything really new or exciting about their new sim. 64bit, yeah, but as a mostly slow low flyer, this is not a big deal for me, yet.

I wish we would get more concrete info about the "new" sim.

More "yes, or no" answers about what, where, when, how this sim will be different and new over flight school and fsx.  Well, we have three more months, lol.

Duncan asked about slope runways, and the answer is ""Everyone wants sloped runways Duncan! It is certainly something that we want too", um, yeah, we all do, plus many other features BUT are you working on getting new features into your "updated FSX-new sim"?

I will (have to) just wait for release, and more importantly, wait for the experimental rats, I mean, Avsim members who buy it on release day to report on how the new sim is :-D  :Tounge: 

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

Interesting, thanks for the link.

So, they'll only be talking about FSX and Flight School at Cosford on the 8th, nothing about the new sim. Back to patient wait mode here. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Wow, less than 3 months away from release, and nothing will be shown? I am crossing my fingers and toes, but I am less confident now that we will see anything really new or exciting about their new sim. 64bit, yeah, but as a mostly slow low flyer, this is not a big deal for me, yet.

I've been thinking for months that we wont be seeing a release this year. Especially if we take Flight School as an indicator of their current technical prowess and level of innovation with the FSX code.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I am not too impressed at the news that nothing will be revealed about DTG Flight Simulator at Cosford 2016. Who wants to talk about FSX or Flight School when this new simulator is on the horizon? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, particularly when the intention is to release the product before the end of the year.

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It seems that my initial skepticism about this project may be coming true. I'm taking the lack of communication and screenshots/videos as they don't have anything to say/show us that will rock our socks off. At this point, I'm just expecting it to be Flight School with more planes. If that's the case, then it's a definite pass.

• Upvote 1

I heard a rumour that they will reveal more infomation, as soon as they will be comfortable doing so.  Sorry, can't say more at the moment :-)

I'd be willing to bet a considerable sum that the DTG flight simulator will not be released this year. I always thought that projection was overly optimistic.

On a positvie note I was very happy to read that DTG fully intends to support 3rd party developers who want to make freeware content for the simulator, and they will release tools to facilitate this development. Great news indeed.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I don't understand why anyone would be excited about yet another FSX version. I certainly lost interest in this one.

Wow, according to DTG_Martin, just today, posted on the steam forums:

​"Everyone wants sloped runways Duncan! It is certainly something that we want too.

But we have sloping runways & ramps in FS2004!!

Only now in a new 64bit sim that has not even been released (or seen) yet?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...