Sign in to follow this  
fritzisbro

The new flight simulator 2016

Does any body know if current scenery and aircraft will work with the new flight simulator when it is released. will it facilitate my emuteq garmin 530 and NC165 navcom radio

If you mean the Dovetail Games simulator, in a word: no.

It's a 64-bit simulator, every single piece of code written for the current simulators simply won't work.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

As it Becomes Available from Vendors !! - Johnman B)

well it looks like im gonna have start my collection all again...thanks for telling me.....

...unless you decide to stick with FSX : SE. None of us have actually seen the new DTG Flight Simulator yet. It might end up being a pile of rubbish.

• Upvote 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It might end up being a pile of rubbish.

Don't mince those words Christopher.   :smile:

• Upvote 1

Well, I just hope that they have something considerably better looking than Flight School up their sleeves for DTG Flight Simulator itself. If they don't, then they are in trouble. Nobody is going to upgrade from P3D for "FSX FTX Global", even if it is 64bit.

Let's hope that they surprise me :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Nobody is going to upgrade from P3D for "FSX FTX Global", even if it is 64bit.

I will. There's your prophecy down the drain  :wink:

• Upvote 5

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Probably most addons will get compiled on 64bit for free. Simply redownload. Unless the new sim looks better than x-plane, I won't bother. They should drop the sick FSX graphics flickering and go with Vulkan for VR on crossplatform.

I'm pretty sure the stock platform of the full sim will look pretty much the same as it does now - with some added features and of course 3rd party capability. I would be highly unlikely to buy it for at least two years - by which time there should be some decent add-on content available. That's the same reason I bought and shelved FSX in 2006. It looked horrible and performed even worse with little/no 3PD content. With that being said, Prepar3dV4 might be available by then (presumably 64 bit too). It'll be an interesting time.

• Upvote 2

Probably most addons will get compiled on 64bit for free. Simply redownload. 

I dunno... I can't see that happening for payware. We got free upgrades for most payware aircraft that needed plugins in the move to 64-bit X-Plane, because that happened in the middle of the v10 product cycle. Most add-on developers had a policy of only charging for updates with each major version change (v9 to v10 etc.), so they were stuck and pretty much had to recompile their 32-bit plugins without charge.

With DTG Flight Sim being a new product with a different name, I don't know why any developers of add-ons would pass up the opportunity for additional revenue. Especially if they're distributing via Steam where both DTG and Steam will take a cut.

The silver lining might be that if DTG isn't changing how the sim loads scenery and aircraft models too much, then it might be easy for people making free add-ons to distribute conversions through the Steam Workshop or outside channels. I guess we'll see soon enough how that works out. DTG hasn't offered any specifics on their plans for free add-ons by third parties.

Unless the new sim looks better than x-plane, I won't bother. They should drop the sick FSX graphics flickering and go with Vulkan for VR on crossplatform.

Same here with regard to X-Plane, unless it truly offers something better in some area. If the weather modeling was significantly better I'd be tempted, but the new sim would have to include at least a few of the types of aircraft (including helicopters) I enjoy flying. And in at least the same modeling quality as I can get in X-Plane, which is pretty good these days. That will take a while. And meanwhile X-Plane isn't standing still. Neither is P3D.

I still hope DTG will amaze us with something truly next-generation, as their marketing implies. I have money ready to spend if they do. We flight sim enthusiasts are a tough crowd though, and we already have a couple of good sims to fly. It has to be better, not just different. I admit to some skepticism that this can be done using FSX base code, but we'll see. I'm trying to stay optimistic and ignore what Flight School looks like for now.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Probably most addons will get compiled on 64bit for free. Simply redownload. Unless the new sim looks better than x-plane, I won't bother. They should drop the sick FSX graphics flickering and go with Vulkan for VR on crossplatform.

John Venema from ORBX already explicitly stated they will not and they will charge for it. That's 120+ sceneries I own and the larger part, actually.

To their defension I should admit they delivered free rounds of upgrades for Prepar3d 1, 2, and 3 for nearly all of their sceneries.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

To their defension I should admit they delivered free rounds of upgrades for Prepar3d 1, 2, and 3 for nearly all of their sceneries.

Until P3D builds their 64 bit Sim

My%20Signature.jpg

Until P3D builds their 64 bit Sim

You are right. It has been stated by JV before, that they will charge for further P3D main versions requiring major adaptations, too.

Given ORBX was quite generous in this respect so far, I doubt other vendors will provide free recompilations (and I am sure there will be be further rework required, besides just setting a compiler flag) either for DFS64 or P3D64.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

IMHO, DTG's future sim is neither an update or upgrade to anything existing, so it MUST be regarded as a completely new sim, & users should be prepared to pay for any add-ons for it.

Yes, the is a 64bit P3D somewhere in the future as well.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...