Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

DTGFS coming up next DA42 and... ?

Might be the multi-engine lesson content that goes along with the additional aircraft.

Barry Friedman

They just told me that they will release the DA42 (which is made by Alabeo) end of this month.

Just saw some new pictures on their facebook page. Including a very cool 360 of the cockpit! 

13559090_652114061632110_547640850889412

13559107_652114058298777_489417646536788

13497890_652114054965444_318482134945720

13497679_652114088298774_499915480827937

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Curious, do all the switches work in this version, have they said?  Or is like the two original limited function release aircraft?  Nice looking model.  I do struggle with how "drab" they have made everything look colorwise though.... not an issue in FSX or P3D, so obviously a design choice they made.  I just don't like it.

Of course, no one asked me anywho  :Tounge:

Looks like they added a 3rd place for a Fligth School? German registration of the DA42 maybe a hint. But can`t identify airport on picture, maybe EDRK ?

Looks like they added a 3rd place for a Fligth School? German registration of the DA42 maybe a hint. But can`t identify airport on picture, maybe EDRK ?

Looks like EDRK to me. Its certainly one of the Turbulent Design airports. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

DA42 DLC on STEAM is now decrypted and has a size of 1.18 GB.

I think they will release it tomorrow.

Yes, it´s already available.

Apparently, it has autopilot.

DA42 is a nice aircraft, but i can`t fly it because my frames drop immense.

With the pipers i have 30-80fps, normally about 40.

With the DA42 i only get 5-25 fps, mostly about 17.

A lot of stutters, not playable.

They failed again....

Looks nice, but when I move the GPS to a second monitor the sim crashes. And my control settings aren't persistent.

Rob Jones.

Tried to complete my first flight from Seattle, low frames (20-25) but kept flying.  About 5 minutes after departure, leveled off at 4K feet, and CRASH to desktop.

Lame.

DTG's can keep their sim, no time for this unfortunately.

Still can't figure out how they have made the FSX/P3D world so drab and dreary looking.

What gets me is I cannot pan around the VC with my hat switch, it is too fast and when I wan to look out the left side I end up looking at the rear.  Maybe a performance issue. I have been pretty positive about flight school but the DA42 looks nice but is unflyable to me because of this, I wonder what kind of beta test they performed on this aircraft.  Plus I already have emailed support about this but I need a map view with a simulator which Dovetail has chosen to remove.   I will stick with the Pipers in Flight School.

What gets me is I cannot pan around the VC with my hat switch, it is too fast and when I wan to look out the left side I end up looking at the rear.  Maybe a performance issue. I have been pretty positive about flight school but the DA42 looks nice but is unflyable to me because of this, I wonder what kind of beta test they performed on this aircraft.  Plus I already have emailed support about this but I need a map view with a simulator which Dovetail has chosen to remove.   I will stick with the Pipers in Flight School.

I have to wonder if they just released it to meet the June deadline they initially promised for all pre-orders... only reason I can think of.  Release it and hope it's good enough instead of dealing with the whining of another missed date.

I'm torn, I want them to succeed, but simply not liking the experience overall so far.  I do like the UI though for the most part, that's a nice improvement for general users I'd say.  Graphics are quite disappointing though and will turn away those new to the hobby used to modern titles.