Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

New Rex SkyForce 3D - The ASN Killer?

Hey! It tooks them 2 years to develop. :)

LOL

Me too, i gave up on REX and the 14+ installers to bring it up to date, then try and integrate soft clouds and you have to uninstall again and restart because you went to far..... =@

LOL

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

It'll be interesting to see whether maybe Sky Force 3D will be a competitor for Hi-Fi's new product which will be announced at FlightSimCon too.

Agreed - I see nothing in the video that indicates anything other than an announcement of their new cloud textures.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Are those God Rays at

(light shining on the plane)?

I don't use REX because I like the (free) skies I already have and never felt the need to load up different cloud sets.

Then one wonders why you are posting in this thread  :fool:  

For myself, the clouds are as important as the terrain, or the AC, or airports, or any other aspect of my sim experience, and I do change cloud sets and sky's, water, and all the rest regularly. So any improvement in this aspect is very welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Well done REX (and AS I guess - don't use it myself) for their continued pushing of the boundaries. I can't wait to see what the finished (REX) product brings.

Agreed - I see nothing in the video that indicates anything other than an announcement of their new cloud textures.Vic

I see a weather engine, possibly effects generation, along with sky textures. But i guess in time we will find out for sure.

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I'm torn, the HiFi loyalist in me says "I like my ASN weather radar in the NGX et al", but the REX video does contain some things I didn't see in the ASCA  video (like rain shafts) I'd quite frankly give my my left nut for....

If REX can sort their WX radar integration and tie it to a weather engine, I'm sold.

Great looking presentation as always from REX products. But...

Personally I think the bigger question is performance. We can have all these great looking clouds , full overcast, 3D effects and all, and in order to do so, either all or nearly all settings would need to be enabled. But this always has notations beside them.... Performance hit.... disable for better performance. etc.

As long as the sim keeps trying to apply AA to clouds, I dont see how all these weather presentations can be possible and have acceptable performance with high end aircraft going into high scenery area.

I believe Beau from LM addressed the question to have separate AA applied to clouds is not possible and limited by the DX11 API.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Hmm ASCA looks pretty cool too. Funny both HF and REX have come out with very similar products at the same time  :wink:  I wonder how dramatic these new models ect will be? last time HF did textures they were far behind the REX stuff so it'll be interesting to see what they manage this time. Good times ahead for us cloud lovers anyway :)

Are those God Rays at

(light shining on the plane)?

Don't think so, they should be more visible on the plane otherwise. Maybe it's some light finding a hole in the cloud coverage or something, not sure from that video

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I will have a close look to both products, but watching the REX video i really think, the turbulent shaking is only a camera effect. The wings of the airplanes are rock steady.

Perhaps i am wrong, but beeing skeptical in this point, the whole promotion gets the smell of some hot air.

I will wait and see.

Matthias

• Upvote 2

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

I would like to see clouds cycle in Prepar3D. Doubt if I will though. It would be nice to see addons that are developed with the Prepar3D SDK exclusively for Prepar3D. There the only ones I'll buy. :BigGrin:

Both look very nice indeed! I have used AS for years, but the visuals from REX look amazing. The selling point for me will pivot on a couple things. Has the REX weather engine been brought up to par with AS, and will AS2016 be sold separately from ASCA? If REX can give me those visuals with the same accuracy as AS when it comes to real time weather depiction, winds, turbulence, etc. etc. I will go straight to REX and never look back. To me, AS always had the superior engine, and REX the superior textures, but if REX finally overcame this hurdle and gives me the best of both worlds and can do it in one product rather than two....SOLD!

I'm still picking my tongue up off the floor from the rain shaft depiction from REX....WOW!