Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

New Rex SkyForce 3D - The ASN Killer?

Nope, it talks about how they replaced textures. So yeah. It's REX alright, just with more textures sets in regard of clouds and some new effects perhaps.

Completely false. May I suggest you go back and watch/listen again?

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Completely false. May I suggest you go back and watch/listen again?

Well, isn't it true that it will manage to represents more clouds (so more textures, replaced or not we are talking about textures) and other graphical effects? My point is that it will be in line with other REX products in the way they do not download real world weather. Surely it would be better if the official site had some infos on it, so i'll be waiting for that too.

And would be nice for them/you to clarify that the product doesn't have volumetric clouds, and whenever the clouds are in 2D like in all FS products and will turn around you while you move with your plane or not.

I am waiting for the presentation to be released like it was said in the video, i'll check that out too.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

If you keep or not a flight sim only because of this, then yeah... I'd uninstall it and use your time with a different hobby... :lol:

Hi Carlos,

maybe I should go fishing. I'v heard they have a very realistic terrain and weather engine there.  :BigGrin: 

cheers

tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Excellent work by REX!. It seems that it'll be complementing a weather program, so you can use it with ASN together.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I was blown away by the REX presentation at Flightsimcon.

Guys trust me when I say it's not "just another texture pack upgrade" . There is stuff in there you just have never ever seen in any sim period. Let me ask you when was the last time you saw a tornado funnel, waves of clouds or a storm system that goes up to 75K feet  The list goes on and on. 

Also talking to Tim I have a feeling all the cards have not been played yet, there may very well be more stuff in there that isn't finalised or they don't want the competition to jump on yet.

Anyways, it's a day 1 purchase for me. Thanks REX for letting us take a peek.

• Upvote 1

Anyways, it's a day 1 purchase for me.

Yes resistance is futile :)

Apart from Weather Architect (which disappoints me) REX has never let me down.

A question for Tim or Reed if I may?. Does Sky Force change the way weather is set up in the sim? can we still use manual weather and see all this new stuff, or does it have to be set via the SF3D GUI?

I just hope that any of the new weather tools is able to display a proper overcast. In Germany, the sky is completely covered with clouds on a lot of days during the year. From an airplane this could mean that you could fly from Frankfurt to Munich without ever seeing the ground at cruise altitude. The current representation of overcast in P3D is a complete joke. A cloud here and there but never a closed cloud cover. Proper overcast with decent performance would really be nice to have in P3D. And please solve the problem with those ugly popcorn clouds... Let's wait and see...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

You guys should see the interview at Airdailyx. I for one am very impressed with what they are claiming it will do. I am already anxiously waiting for this.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Looks like a minimum of GTX 780 to really drive that stuff, looks fantastic

ZORAN

Looks like a minimum of GTX 780 to really drive that stuff, looks fantastic

"Looks like" based omnsome soec you saw somewhere, or just speculation on your part..?

"Looks like" based omnsome soec you saw somewhere, or just speculation on your part..?

No just spec on my part going by whats need to run ASN on high settings. I imagine this will be no differant

ZORAN

Have HiFi given a rough timeline for release?

Eric 

Let me ask you when was the last time you saw a tornado funnel, waves of clouds or a storm system that goes up to 75K feet

Never....please....SHOW ME!!! I would love to see screenshots/video of this stuff, though I'm sure they don't want to let the whole cat out of the bag at this point. If REX can do all this with real world/real time weather, I'm going to start throwing my money directly at my monitor!

I've been simming for 17+ years and the continued development never ceases to amaze me. I wish both REX and Hifi lots of luck with these developments, two great sim companies indeed. I'll be watching this VERY CLOSELY. B)

Very interesting! Wasn't aware, that it was so far along... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Looks very nice! :)

I'm a little confused now... (perhaps someone from the REX team can settle this?)

Is REX Sky Force 3D ONLY textures or does it also include a weather engine (with downloadable real-time weather generation, for instance?)

Seems someone is claiming that this is 'only' textures... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471