Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

New Rex SkyForce 3D - The ASN Killer?

While I too think that a Tornado would be awesome, I hope that they aren't sitting at the bottom of every Cumulobimbus cloud in P3D. They should be quite rare and last for only a few minutes like the majority of times in real life. Hopefully, we'll only see them if a metar reports +FC(tornado).

This will not be a problem.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

and I am not rich lol wish I was

Lol, you'd be a lot richer if you wouldn't blow your money on expensive sports cars that consume lots of expensive gas.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It will be super fun to fly with a Cessna through the tornado to test the flight model.  :Tounge:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I

Hi dave

could you expand a bit on this.do you think their screenshots are edited or??

cheers

steve

Hi Steve - Sure. I had asked Tim Fuchs directly about introducing some softer looking clouds. I was disappointed that TD4 did not have what I had been expecting. Tim told me that they were working on an update and that I'd be pleased. I was happy to hear that and I waited for the 'update'. Updates did come but there were no softer clouds.

and then the soft clouds product was released as a stand alone and I felt a bit deceived by Tim.

I bought Texture Direct 4 because I was sure that it was a 'best of' product that included new textures (HD and HDR they say). I had been frustrated by the difficult to decipher upgrade paths and I thought I could get one complete updated product.

TD4 is what it is but when the updates started, I was happy enough. and then soft clouds came and I bought it just like I bought REX3 and REx Overdrive and of course REX4. But something just wasn't right about the whole thing.

There are about five combined reasons for my feelings towards REX and I have no reason to tell you about most of them.

REX has a great many fans and they have done some good work along the way. But I have the right to feel the way I do and it surely isn't based entirely on my soft clouds experience.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

In what way sethos??

check any screenshot forum you like and if there screenshots look amazing,you can bet your life there are REX  textures in there,either Clouds or sky or one of the hundreds you can use.

a lot of people use FEX or a number of other Sky texture packages,Vast majority use REX4 texture direct or REX ESS.

so sethos put up a screenshot and where it is ,anyone you like and i'll replicate it.might not be same aircraft.

steve

so sethos put up a screenshot and where it is ,anyone you like and i'll replicate it.might not be same aircraft.

Recreate these beautiful cloud bands, something I've never seen in any flight sim. Where it is? who knows, should be irrelevant as these are not exclusive to any continent, region or country in real-life.

4IVnOxI.jpg

And I don't want to see any loose interpretations.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

So this is not a weather engine?, but will work with other 3rd party engines. Any word on a time frame for release. 

Hi dave

thought this was about screenshots,sorry my mistake :smile:

Too be honest ive never thought twice about buying any REX products,not because i want to marry Tim or Reed,just that i like to support any Flightsim company who i think are doing innovative or next gen stuff.suppose i could be called a fanb  oy of REX,after nearly 40yrs of playing drums i've been called a lot worse :smile:

take care

steve

I have merged two other topics that were posted after this topic was posted about the new REX SkyForce 3D.  Whenever there is a new release of a product or an update, the information can be posted here to let our membership know about the new release (or update).  More than one topic about the new release is not allowed as it is considered (by me) to be advertising.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Recreate these beautiful cloud bands, something I've never seen in any flight sim. Where it is? who knows, should be irrelevant as these are not exclusive to any continent, region or country in real-life.

4IVnOxI.jpg

And I don't want to see any loose interpretations.

can you give me link to picture ,just want to check where you got picture from.it's from REX website??

steve

can you give me link to picture ,just want to check where you got picture from.it's from REX website??

steve

It's from the Skyforce PDF, in the bottom screenshots.

http://www.rexsimulations.com/skyforce.pdf

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

sethos

So you want me to recreate a screenshot using a cloudset from SKYFORCE 3D even though that has not been released yet.is that what you are asking?

1 you know that these clouds are from Skyforce 3D.

2 so how do i make a screenshot before release??

steve

I have merged two other topics that were posted after this topic was posted about the new REX SkyForce 3D.  Whenever there is a new release of a product or an update, the information can be posted here to let our membership know about the new release (or update).  More than one topic about the new release is not allowed as it is considered (by me) to be advertising.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Jim, I don't know the last time anyone said "thanks" for what you do for our forum and hobby, but "thanks." You do a great (if sometimes thankless) job.

• Upvote 2

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

+1

Not only moderates the forum,also i've lost count of the times i've seen him offer advice to someone who needs help .

steve