Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

New Rex SkyForce 3D - The ASN Killer?

Actually Manny it's not quite that simple because what we are doing is beyond just a weather engine and textures. You will understand as soon as we get more information up. I will take your points as valid however, and we will make this super clear to our customers so thank you for your feedback.

Tim,

Will there be an discounted upgrade option for REX ESS+OD users to your new program? 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Oh the FPS ... Who will think of the FPS hit...?

spacer.png

I will take your points as valid however, and we will make this super clear to our customers so thank you for your feedback.

I have also found product names confusing. For what it's worth.

Not very descriptive, I guess.

• Upvote 1

REX has an issue of product confusion.. They have come up with so many different products, I do not understand them any more

They need to whittle it down to two products.. 1) Weather Engine and 2) Textures

KISS!

If you have a more recent updated version, increase the version # and charge for it if if necessary.... Do not rename it and call it something else.

otherwise its confusing as hell.

I'd have to agree. I don't even really know the difference between many of the products anymore and don't even bother to research them as they almost seem like the same thing as the prior version but with a new name and a few additions or improvements to it.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is wrong... Environment Force is nothing like ASCA. More information and videos will be posted as we get closer to completion. We don't want to give any more information out for obvious reasons.

Also for obvious reasons you should, because users like me don't want to waste money on products that will be incompatible. ;)

I prefer to know what a specific addon technically does to my sim before buying and installing it. I had too many addon conflicts in the past....

Anyways keep up the good work. :)

• Upvote 1

REX has an issue of product confusion.. They have come up with so many different products, I do not understand them any more

I totally agree.

The big question right now is will it be possible to use as16 weather engine with rex sky force textures and environnement force ''new awesome and incredible weather depiction system'', and how will it work in a technical point of view.

• Upvote 1

I totally agree.

The big question right now is will it be possible to use as16 weather engine with rex sky force textures and environnement force ''new awesome and incredible weather depiction system'', and how will it work in a technical point of view.

Well, it has already been confirmed that Sky Force works with all third party weather programs.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I don't know based on what hifi told about the as16+ASCA combinaison, what i understand is that only asca can do texture injection based on as16 weather data, what i understand is that skyforce will inject texture based on the weather it reads directly from the sim, will this be a big difference ? I dont know. But it's all supposition

I don't know based on what hifi tild about thé as16+ASCA combinaison, what i understand is that only asca can do texture injection based on as16 weather, what i understand is that skyforce will inject texture based on the weather it reads directly from the sim. But it's all supposition

Sky Force effectively replaces the weather the game shipped with, to my understanding, meaning third party software can manipulate that just as they do now. This has been confirmed a few times on their own forum.

Here's a link to Alex Kane from REX confirming that; http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/39538-rex-3d-force/&do=findComment&comment=275612http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/39538-rex-3d-force/&do=findComment&comment=276474

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Actually the bigger problem with REX, beyond product confusion, is its a major PITA to install their updates.

Excellent quality textures though.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

Actually the bigger problem with REX, beyond product confusion, is its a major PITA to install their updates.

Seriously, the need to sort that out

Sky Force effectively replaces the weather the game shipped with

This is stil unreadible for me... weather engine (like ASN/AS16) loads weather into sim...what do you mean that SkyForce replaces weather?

• Upvote 1

This is stil unreadible for me... weather engine (like ASN/AS16) loads weather into sim...what do you mean that SkyForce replaces weather?

What he is saying is that it effectively replaces the default weather depiction engine that ships with FSX/P3D. The internal one that is actually producing the visuals in the simulator. As long as SkyForce conforms to the API of the default FSX/P3D weather depiction engine it replaces, any 3rd party weather injection program (ASN/AS16/Opus/REX Ess+ etc) can be used with it as that injection program is essentially just pushing a load of parameters into the sim through it. SkyForce will then take those parameters and depict them in a new (impressive looking at the moment) way. Probably massively oversimplified, but that's how I understand it.

So, I think I was right saying SkyForce is something like ASCA...

No, as far as I understand it ASCA does not replace anything of the default weather depiction engine within FSX/P3D. It simply enhances the weather injection program with real-time changes to cloud textures.