Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

New Rex SkyForce 3D - The ASN Killer?

So, I think I was right saying SkyForce is something like ASCA...

No, ASCA injects on the fly, Sky Force replaces the entire thing from the bottom up. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

You should really give more info for those of us who wait's with jumping and buying ASN+ASCA. Iam really not planning to get all 3 or 4 products just to waste my money. From the previews now it looks amazing btw !

Roi Ben

Doesn't ASN+ASCA also adds 3d cloud structures (and that's for example why now you see CB clouds on high altitude?)?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Doesn't ASN+ASCA also adds 3d cloud structures (and that's for example why now you see CB clouds on high altitude?)?

Yes.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

According to their website there are SkyForce, EnvironmentForce and WeatherForce coming up.

So I guess EnvForce and WeatherForce are going to be the successors of Texture Direct and Weather Direct? (Which already pains me to see, because of all the money and trail-and-error-work I have been putting into my TexDirect Themes and SoftClouds, and now I will have to start over.....)

So SkyForce will probably only be compatible to WeatherForce and wont work right when being used with ASN or AS16, because those programs inject weather "the old way".

Dev's recently seem to go all Stalin on user's systems cleaning them of foreign products or otherwise make things look weird. Guess they learned that from ORBX. :Just Kidding:

SkyForce will probably only be compatible to WeatherForce

...but there is information that SkyForce will be compatible with any 3rd party weather engine...

...but there is information that SkyForce will be compatible with any 3rd party weather engine...

Has been confirmed multiple times that it's compatible with third party weather software. So he's incorrect. 

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Has been confirmed multiple times that it's compatible with third party weather software. So he's incorrect. 

....good. ;)

Exactly - Skyforce will be worth the wait thats for sure  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Exactly - Skyforce will be worth the wait thats for sure  :wink:

Indeed curious how this will depict to getter in the sim :-)

André

According to their website there are SkyForce, EnvironmentForce and WeatherForce coming up.

So I guess EnvForce and WeatherForce are going to be the successors of Texture Direct and Weather Direct? (Which already pains me to see, because of all the money and trail-and-error-work I have been putting into my TexDirect Themes and SoftClouds, and now I will have to start over.....)

So SkyForce will probably only be compatible to WeatherForce and wont work right when being used with ASN or AS16, because those programs inject weather "the old way".

Dev's recently seem to go all Stalin on user's systems cleaning them of foreign products or otherwise make things look weird. Guess they learned that from ORBX. :Just Kidding:

You will be able to use Texture Direct and Soft Clouds with Sky Force.  Remember, Texture Direct includes more than just Clouds.

Sky Force will be compatible with any weather source on the market.  

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

@rstough When can we get this baby installed on our computers? Can't feel my eyes after looking at ASCA clouds...

• Upvote 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Skyforce will be worth the wait thats for sure :wink:

A landmark in FSX development.

Hey Rich I hope all things are good down your way. :smile:

Looking forward to it!

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

You will be able to use Texture Direct and Soft Clouds with Sky Force.  Remember, Texture Direct includes more than just Clouds.

Sold...where is the check-out line?!?!?!?