Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

Active Sky Cloud Art for FSX & P3D - Released!

@diddy64 - Have you tried Run As Administrator? If you run task manager - does as16 show up in process list?

Have you looked at the logs in

C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\AS16_P3D

Might give you a clue as to what is happening.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The lighting is so different now as HDR is too bright and washed out again.  No HDR is now bright enough and looks much natural so I'm using that.  

I hope HiFi can develop their own set of soft cloud textures. I don't want to give up the in sim texture changes I am now getting.

There are some "soft" cloud sets included, but its very dynamic.  Perhaps not enough.  With that, we are certainly listening to feedback and prioritizing our efforts for the next big content update for ASCA based on this, which will be free.  Thanks for continued feedback and support of our efforts!

• Upvote 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Yeah always run Admin, looks like an AVG issue, they are looking into it now.

For those wondering on performance with overcast with both AS16 and ASCA, in a word, negligible. Much better performance for me. No loss of frames at all. And this was going into NY area with the new ImagineSim KLGA and FSDT KJFK active, Orbx Vector 1.4 and FTXG in the NGX. VERY impressed with performance. I am using 2048DXT for both cloud sets. On P3D v3.3.5.

Eric 

So can anyone tell me whats the difference between these 2 new products vs ASN and REX combo?  With all these new screenshots ive seen I cant tell the difference tbh.

That's an easy one: ASN + REX looks time better than this + ASCA .. because ASCA textures looks horrible.

In other words, purchasing AS16 + ASCA at the moment is not only a waste of money, it's actually a (visual) downgrade!

For the record that's your personal view and opinion based on a few screenshots...

Actually he is right.. ASCA looks terrible, it even worse than P3D default textures!

That's an easy one: ASN + REX looks time better than this + ASCA .. because ASCA textures looks horrible.

In other words, purchasing AS16 + ASCA at the moment is not only a waste of money, it's actually a (visual) downgrade!

Actually he is right.. ASCA looks terrible, it even worse than P3D default textures!

No. Actually, this is still opinion. Sorry to say.
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

No. Actually, this is still opinion. Sorry to say.

Opinion? No, it's a fact (i struggle to post this screenshots .. since my monitor is going to cry.. but hey you asked for it), ASCA is horrible:

g2KT8BC.jpg

8lAYBIr.jpg

Opinion? No, it's a fact (i struggle to post this screenshots .. since my monitor is going to cry.. but hey you asked for it), ASCA is horrible:

g2KT8BC.jpg

8lAYBIr.jpg

Hilarious. This is still your opinion. That's the only fact here. I'm not saying I like them or not here either. Might end up agreeing with you in the end myself. I am leaning towards liking REX better. But even if I end up at that conclusion, it's still opinion. There is no way to make this FACT. Each of us have our own interpretation of what we see as real. That doesn't make it fact.
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Hilarious. This is still your opinion.

Anyone with a pair of working eyes could notice the difference between that and this (here i'm using REX SC):

j9lyz5.jpg

• Upvote 1

Anyone with a pair of working eyes could notice the difference between that and this (here i'm using REX SC):

j9lyz5.jpg

Yes. I see the difference. But that doesn't make it fact. It's still your opinion. Lol
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Yes. I see the difference. But that doesn't make it fact. It's still your opinion. Lol

Sure mate.. and "la Gioconda" is a portrait painted by a kid.

So, good luck! ;)

Sure mate.. and "la Gioconda" is a portrait painted by a kid.

So, good luck! ;)

Sorry. Not trying to fight or anything. Just don't like posts where people try to pass their opinion off as fact. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are some people that think these are very real looking. What makes your opinion fact and theirs not?
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

g2KT8BC.jpg

8lAYBIr.jpg

Wow, that is much worse than the other screenshots I have seen.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

g2KT8BC.jpg

8lAYBIr.jpg

What cloud set were you using when you had this result, have you tried different ones?

Reason I ask is I also used REX SC all the time and when I started using ASCA first just like you I often found ASCA clouds to look very cartoonish and "painted" and I did provide my feedback on to the developers and now in the finished product and using Global Automatic I think the clouds most of the time look really good!

Another thing I really like with ASCA in combination with AS16 is how things look different from flight to flight both looking at the clouds but also the sky. Compared to when I was using REX SC when it did look nice and "realistic" but the overall "look" never changed.

I'm not trying to argue with you and I can see where you're coming from, I just suggest give it some time and set ASCA to use the Global Automatic theme/set and see what you think after doing some flying in different places and weather conditions.

Happy flying whatever cloud textures you end up using :smile:

Richard Åsberg