Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

Active Sky Cloud Art for FSX & P3D - Released!

I thought that textures were loaded realtime while flying ..!?

That is why I bought AS16 for.

If it only looks at the beginning of the flight ; that feature we had several years ago too..

Hopefully I am wrong..

It's during flight you see that it's in action via a message works fine here :-)

Had a few changes even above our tiny country with nasty weather from 30 may  :-)

But that is with AS16 and ASCA together :cool:

André

Thecloud art program should remain open and an auto updated theme should be selected...i.e.  "global Automatic"...Try that...

I already purchased it. I am still dueling with them. Gave them the order numbers that are in my account that they are looking for . Don't know why. Bought ASE through the hifi software marketplace in 2011. All others were through simmarket.

Same thing happened to me.  They first replied with the copy and paste of the message on their site.  Which I then replied saying that I should then be eligible since I have bought ASN upgrade most recently from them as well.  They then credited my account the difference.  So, just keep talking to them.  Hopefully they will get it straight for you.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Same thing happened to me.  They first replied with the copy and paste of the message on their site.  Which I then replied saying that I should then be eligible since I have bought ASN upgrade most recently from them as well.  They then credited my account the difference.  So, just keep talking to them.  Hopefully they will get it straight for you.

Yes they finally credited my account. Only took 5 re openings of the ticket on my part. They insisted I had none of the products but you can see them in my purchase history. So aggravating but resolved.

Richie Walsh

Loving AS 16 and ASCA at the moment.  Quick flight from PAJN to KSEA

Vb8nQH7l.jpg

3GYh4Vxl.jpg

@gerard - you can choose EITHER sets or dynamic. Choosing a SET is just like it has been in the past. When you choose DYNAMIC - AS16 and ASCA work together to decide which cloud textures, from ALL the sets, to use according to the weather demands.

Say you picked a cold and wintry set - no dynamics - and flew around in the Mediterranean - even though it was bright and sunny, you'd still be seeing clouds and skies adapted for cold and wintry.

Selecting dynamic - AS16/ASCA will load the skies and textures for the "warm and bright" types.

@bobsk8 - as long as you haven't uninstalled ASN you can run it and read them. Both products can coexist just not running at the same time.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It's during flight you see that it's in action via a message works fine here :-)

Had a few changes even above our tiny country with nasty weather from 30 may  :-)

But that is with AS16 and ASCA together :cool:

I do hope you can turn that message off?

@gerard - you can choose EITHER sets or dynamic. Choosing a SET is just like it has been in the past. When you choose DYNAMIC - AS16 and ASCA work together to decide which cloud textures, from ALL the sets, to use according to the weather demands.

Say you picked a cold and wintry set - no dynamics - and flew around in the Mediterranean - even though it was bright and sunny, you'd still be seeing clouds and skies adapted for cold and wintry.

Selecting dynamic - AS16/ASCA will load the skies and textures for the "warm and bright" types

Ok, I got the impression there also were dynamic sets... The way others put it it seems you can choose between various dynamic settings or sets. But apparently, and hopefully, as you put it, dynamic is ONE setting which you pick and that is it.

So,in other words, in a networked configuration - that's what I use at present with ASN -  it would have to push textures over the network while the simulator is running for AS16 Dynamic, right? Not sure if this would imply a performance loss, but I wouldn't exclude it.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

What I don't get is why ASCA is required for a solid overcast. I don't like the ASCA clouds on the screenshots that were posted here and want to keep REX Soft Clouds. I was really hoping to get a weather engine that is finally able to display a true overcast.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

@Jeroen - yes, all the in sim text messages can be turned off. It's interesting to watch them initially to get an idea what is going on but I usually turn them off in settings.

I just set mine at Global Dynamic and forget about it. AS16/ASCA then provide weather activated changes slowly over time. 

it would have to push textures over the network while the simulator is running for AS16 Dynamic, right? Not sure if this would imply a performance loss, but I wouldn't exclude it.

No performance loss at all. The event is handled over time and is imperceptible.

In my testing, I found that AS16/ASCA combination at least as good or better than other combinations as far as performance. To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I do hope you can turn that message off?

Ok, I got the impression there also were dynamic sets... The way others put it it seems you can choose between various dynamic settings or sets. But apparently, and hopefully, as you put it, dynamic is ONE setting which you pick and that is it.

Yes you can ;-)

Untitled-1_zpsafcgxfcz.jpg

As for dynamic one example see below :-)

Untitled-1a_zpse4hfoaau.jpg

• Upvote 2

André

So can anyone tell me whats the difference between these 2 new products vs ASN and REX combo?  With all these new screenshots ive seen I cant tell the difference tbh.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

@Jeroen - yes, all the in sim text messages can be turned off. It's interesting to watch them initially to get an idea what is going on but I usually turn them off in settings.

I just set mine at Global Dynamic and forget about it. AS16/ASCA then provide weather activated changes slowly over time.

Yes you can ;-)

Untitled-1_zpsafcgxfcz.jpg

As for dynamic one example see below :-)

Untitled-1a_zpse4hfoaau.jpg

Thanks both! Looks good.

Well I have both downloaded and installed right now and I got to tell you that it looks really really good. How the clouds look texture wise when compared to REX? Well that subjective to each individual's taste but I'm enjoying them.

Eric 

Did overcast performance under 4xSGSAA improve?