Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

Active Sky Cloud Art for FSX & P3D - Released!

In case you have missed it please read the post  release update active sky are very much listenining sounds very promising  . Personally I am loving the the asca    and as16 combi  some of the dawn and dusk sky textures are a bit naff but all in all very good.     http://www.hifisimtech.com/forums/showthread.php?6580-Post-release-status-Updates

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Thanks for the links Jim, very interesting. 

This brings up a question for our RW pilots here.  Are these diversions around weather initiated by the PIC viewing his weather radar asking ATC for clearance to deviate (this is how we do it on VATSIM) ? Or is the heading change controlled by ATC watching weather radar in conjunction with all the other traffic enroute ? 

I often wondered who the "orchestra conductor" is when I watch these real world deviations around weather :wink:

If only UK enroute controllers had a 'weather radar'... at least from my time it was quite archaic, it's very much initiated by the air crew - although when working a sector you can get a 'idea' of where the weather is.

Here's an example what I saw this morning and to me I think it looks pretty good!

Good%20looking%20clouds.JPG

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for the answers guys -- so basically it is done same as VATSIM.  As a side note -- THANKS TO ALL VATSIM CONTROLLERS -- you do a wonderful job !

WAT1460.png

Click on the ? (question mark) on both apps and the manual in PDF form will open.

I guess that would be AFTER installing...? ;)

Webmaximus - that's a photograph so it should look good.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Well spotted Dave, was kind of hoping someone would have found something to complain about :wink:

• Upvote 2

Richard Åsberg

Well spotted Dave, was kind of hoping someone would have found something to complain about :wink:

Well, I thought it was HDEv2 and looked pretty good as expected! :Tounge:

Realism mode, full automatic, 1024x1024 DXT

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I'm sure when in full screen, and in motion I'm sure these cloud has a certain impressiveness, but as screenshots they look a mess sadly. I've yet to see a single convincing screenshot using ASCA which is a shame. Part of the problem is CB's anvil shape is too clumpy, with not enough of the spreading wispy texture.

How many separate textures sets do you get with ASCA? Do you get the choice to select different textures as in REX?

• Upvote 2

Heads up... AS16 and ASCA hotfix just released over at HiFi.

Eric 

I'm sure when in full screen, and in motion I'm sure these cloud has a certain impressiveness, but as screenshots they look a mess sadly. I've yet to see a single convincing screenshot using ASCA which is a shame. Part of the problem is CB's anvil shape is too clumpy, with not enough of the spreading wispy texture.

How many separate textures sets do you get with ASCA? Do you get the choice to select different textures as in REX?

You do get the option to choose between texture sets; however, that kinds of defeat the purpose of ASCA. Why not simply but that sucka and dynamic mode and let it choose the best option based on the current weather. Isn't that better then scrolling through a bunch of sets to try and find the "correct" clouds, which may not match the set required at your destination airport?

Matt King

Isn't that better then scrolling through a bunch of sets to try and find the "correct" clouds

It depends how you use your sim and set your weather. I am currently trialing AS2016 which I do like very much, despite some reservations, but if you wanted to use other cloud sets (like those in ASCA but without AS2016) with user defined weather, or another weather engine, what are your options?

You can use ASCA with other weather engines; however, you won't get dynamic texture loads. So, you will be "stuck" with the set loaded prior to starting your sim. If that's your preferred method, I would probably stick with REX as ASCA doesn't offer a substantial upgrade over that product. Its primary benefit is dynamic texture loading, which to my mind, is AMAZING and worth the $18.

Matt King