Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

Active Sky Cloud Art for FSX & P3D - Released!

... Today I think I was lucky and had cloud cover stretched to the horizon with good performance and no ground to be seen. Total cloud cover.... 

+1 Erich. Same here - and we finally have something that we have been requesting for years - but .... why do I get the feeling that, sooner or later, some wag will complain that they can't see their expensive Orbx scenery for all the clouds that are getting in the way?    :LMAO:

So itake it back

It's time for a 4K tv me thinks

Performance still garbage with 4xsgsaa

And in dense thunderstorm as16 default settings

Right from Kostas Terzides (Lead Developer) mouth (or keyboard) which was posted on the HiFi forum:

Thanks! It's all clear now!

Yeah it doesn't look like bad performance in clouds will ever be fixed.  I'm going down from 1024 textures to 512 or even 256 to see if I can get it smoother and over 20 fps.

Another believer here. Came from ASN and Soft Clouds. 3 flights with AS16 and ASCA and I'm totally convinced. I was on the fence about buying, but o dear, am I glad I did! Out if LOWW today - thunderstorms all around with excellent textures. Performance was awesome.

Highly recommended in my book.

• Upvote 2

If anyone wants an A-ticket ride just plop yourselves in the middle of a giant towering cumulus thunderstorm where the updrafts are.  Me and my poor ole F406 got a rocket ship ride up to 20,000+ feet in about 5 minutes with the needle pegged at 3000 fpm.  What a wild ride!  Not sure how realistic it was but sure was fun.  Then to break through on top the could deck and see the towering clouds in front of you...wow.

If anyone wants an A-ticket ride just plop yourselves in the middle of a giant towering cumulus thunderstorm where the updrafts are.  Me and my poor ole F406 got a rocket ship ride up to 20,000+ feet in about 5 minutes with the needle pegged at 3000 fpm.  What a wild ride!  Not sure how realistic it was but sure was fun.  Then to break through on top the could deck and see the towering clouds in front of you...wow.

Could be very realistic in some aspects.  You can disable the "Realistic thunderstorm up and downdraft rate" then adjust the scale using the other 2 selections before that.  You will find those settings in AS16 Options\Wind options (and effects).

Happy flying!

Robert

Another believer here. Came from ASN and Soft Clouds. 3 flights with AS16 and ASCA and I'm totally convinced. I was on the fence about buying, but o dear, am I glad I did! Out if LOWW today - thunderstorms all around with excellent textures. Performance was awesome.

Highly recommended in my book.

Glad that you like the 2 new apps Martin.  Nice to see so many positive comments after the dev's put so much effort into producing such a superior package.  They listened to the beta testers who spent so much time testing and reporting so you could all experience what you see.  Be sure to visit the HiFi forum if you would like any help.

http://www.hifisimtech.com/

\Robert Hamlich/

Agree that AS16 + ASCA with full dynamics seems to produce the best results ... sky textures still seem to be the missing link for me (none of them seem to match what I see in CA).  

Here are the settings I'm using that seem to work very well:

AS16 + ASCA

P3D Graphics settings

Cheers, Rob.

positive comments after spending so much time testing and reporting.

The truth shall prevail. These are quality programs with a lot to offer - this will be known to all simmers in time - just keep up the just and solid work, and you shall see.... Wow must have been those awesome and breathtaking weather systems that brought forth the biblical tongue...? A prove that the textures are indeed awesome and inspiring... ;)

Reading the manual shows the difference, and to me, full dynamics is the way to go for the variation in cloud textures.

Yes, "full dynamics" does seem to produce the best depiction ... especially for thunderstorms, very impressive indeed.  I no longer get lightning by itself (i.e. showing up in open blue skys with no clouds around).  Job well done HiFi.

Cheers, Rob.

Agree that AS16 + ASCA with full dynamics seems to produce the best results ... sky textures still seem to be the missing link for me (none of them seem to match what I see in CA).  

Here are the settings I'm using that seem to work very well:

AS16 + ASCA

P3D Graphics settings

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for posting settings Rob

Rich Sennett

sky textures still seem to be the missing link for me (none of them seem to match what I see in CA).

Rob,

is it possible to use ASCA only for the cloud textures and keep whatever other sky texture set is already installed?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Yes, "full dynamics" does seem to produce the best depiction ... especially for thunderstorms, very impressive indeed.  I no longer get lightning by itself (i.e. showing up in open blue skys with no clouds around).  Job well done HiFi.

Cheers, Rob.

Glad to hear you like it Rob!

Rob,

is it possible to use ASCA only for the cloud textures and keep whatever other sky texture set is already installed?

Sure, you can choose on the options page to have ASCA only inject cloud textures if that's what you like.

• Upvote 2

Richard Åsberg

there is a checkbox for sky color, cirrus, clouds, and 'cloud structures' in the ASCA options.

i have tried it with leaving skycolor and structures on, and using rex softclouds, and it worked like expected, so i'd figure that disabling the skycolor will leave that untouched as well. 

cheers

-andy crosby