Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

DTG Flight Simulator News Thread [Officia]

18 hours ago, dtrjones said:

Your first post on this discussion... So I take it you don't approve of Dovetail's delay. I thought it was a good thing, afterall as Dovetail have stated you only get one shot at first impressions :laugh:

Perhaps they might have thought of that before releasing Flight School.

• Upvote 1

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

While I respect DTG's decision to remain silent regarding progress on their new flight simulator, I recommend that they don't wait too long to at least give us all a little peek that shows us that this thing is worth the wait.

P3D v4 is on its way, and if all goes well with that 64 bit platform, and especially if there is some backwards compatibility with existing products, I plan to switch to it rather quickly after its release.

I won't wait around for DTG's promised simulator when I don't even have a good idea of what I'd be waiting for.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

15 hours ago, dave2013 said:

While I respect DTG's decision to remain silent regarding progress on their new flight simulator, I recommend that they don't wait too long to at least give us all a little peek that shows us that this thing is worth the wait.

Have you thought that that's the exact reason they haven't given us the peek, nothing to see.

-eelis-

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, dave2013 said:

P3D v4 is on its way, and if all goes well with that 64 bit platform, and especially if there is some backwards compatibility with existing products, I plan to switch to it rather quickly after its release.

I won't wait around for DTG's promised simulator when I don't even have a good idea of what I'd be waiting for.

Dave

I think Dovetail's target market has always been the younger player on Steam who'll have a number of games in his library. That was the whole point in them buying the FSX licence for Steam because there is a potential market of millions and these people will look no further than what is available on Steam.

The question for me is whether they will be able to please both the casual player who simply expects to press a button and fly and the hardcore simmer at the same time.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

DTG should take a leaf out Lockheed martin book who give regular update`s to the flight sim community on P3D future development of the P3D v4 64bit and release date.

Ray Fry. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Frankly the contrast in attitude between DTG's new train sim Train Sim World (TSW) and DTG's new flight sim (Flight Sim World?) is amazing. TSW had developer diaries, a brief beta, background setting articles and release three months or so after the beta. Now granted TSW is suffering from performance and physics issues and currently seems unlikely to have a editor much before the autumn. They are however cranking out weekly patches to try and fix things.  DTG New FS on the other hand gives a few weeks notice of a delayed  release in late November and promises a detailed developer update "early in the new year". One  week before the end of Q1 DTG delay the update About the only thing we've been told about this mythical new product is that once we hear the details we'll understand why they delayed the release!

Last year I was prepared to give DTG a fair amount of leeway about the new FS because I realised the initial release would fall far short of the existing FSX due to the large amount of work necessary. Now I'm beginning to feel that the part of DTG responsible for the new FS is, to put it politely,  just thumbing it's nose at me.

Give people power to really test their personality.

The lack of communication suggests to me there's been a major recalibration on DTG FS due to the lessons of Flight School and competitive releases. This happens: Software development frequently involves running down blind alleys and frantically trying to adapt to shifting requirements. I also wonder if DTG got overconfident with the success of FSX:SE, not realizing that most of the credit for its success belongs to third party developers who keep it current and relevant, and not due to anything DTG did.

• Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

On 11/04/2017 at 2:29 PM, Phalanx said:

Not my first post, I asked Dovetail a question on page 5 of this thread. My comment pre-dated the delay of the Flight Simulator; I am in complete agreement about only having one chance at a first impression. I was/am confused why no information or screenshots have been shared by Dovetail about the game.

Ok sorry about that! Yes Dovetail have sympathy with our frustrations but I know that doesn't help sometimes! The way I see it is that this delay is for the greater good, so I can accept that.

I can only concur with whats been said here. I think maybe a refocus or recalibration of expectation - Dovetail have said as much in dropping Flight School to give more to the established flight sim community so it all points to an improved experience to us all which sounds promising.