Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

DTG Flight Simulator News Thread [Officia]

Hi Aimee,

Its nearly close of business in the UK with only one day left, will the announcement be tomorrow or is it delayed?

Thanks

Duncan Odgers

22 minutes ago, duncanodgers said:

Hi Aimee,

Its nearly close of business in the UK with only one day left, will the announcement be tomorrow or is it delayed?

Thanks

Duncan Odgers

Hi Duncan,

A great Scottish poet once said "“The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley". I don't think Robert Burns had any experience in the software industry, but I'm totally feeling his vibe right now. 

We won't have anything to share with you this quarter, however we will have news for you sooner rather than later. Sorry, guys!

-Aimee

• Upvote 1

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Thought as much.

Oh well... :mellow:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

51 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

Hi Duncan,

A great Scottish poet once said "“The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley". I don't think Robert Burns had any experience in the software industry, but I'm totally feeling his vibe right now. 

We won't have anything to share with you this quarter, however we will have news for you sooner rather than later. Sorry, guys!

-Aimee

No worries Aimee probably best to let the "others" get their products out the way first so they can't gather ideas. I am sure it will be worth waiting for just hopefully not too much longer :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, duncanodgers said:

No worries Aimee probably best to let the "others" get their products out the way first so they can't gather ideas. I am sure it will be worth waiting for just hopefully not too much longer :)

Thank you for the kind words, Duncan :happy:

It's less about what other products are doing, and more about getting it right. You only get one chance for first reveal after all!

• Upvote 2

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

26 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

Thank you for the kind words, Duncan :happy:

It's less about what other products are doing, and more about getting it right. You only get one chance for first reveal after all!

Thank you Aimee I am expectant of great things and thank you for keeping the community informed.

3 hours ago, DTG_Aimee said:

Hi Duncan,

-Aimee

Wait, are announcing the release of your product or just announcing the announcement of your product?

Not even a teaser like a screenshot? Anything? Nothing? lol. Please?

Ok, I'm going back to lurking and waiting.

:-) I'll be back next quarter.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

My response is not so friendly and understanding.  Frankly, I think it is nonsense that DTG has not released one bit of new information on this product.  Not even so much as a screenshot or preliminary feature list.  It seems to me that DTG is nothing but a heap of false promises.  First, there was going to be an announcement by the end of last year.  No go at the last minute. Then there was to be some announcement made by the end of Q1 (Even confirmed by "DTG_Aimee" in this thread on Monday telling us that no delay was anticipated and that we'd be updated if there were).  AGAIN.. No go at the very last possible minute.  It seems as though one would be aware as of three days ago whether they would actually be able to meet the end of Q1 deadline or not.  Stop stringing the consumers along and just release information on the product already.  If it is crap then you will hear about it and if it is great it will be warmly received.  We are not expecting the complete and final release of the product, but at least keep us apprised of SOME details and features about this product and what we can expect of it.   At  this point, it really just seems like DTG is full of hot air.  Regards.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, SBK91 said:

My response is not so friendly and understanding.  Frankly, I think it is nonsense that DTG has not released one bit of new information on this product.  Not even so much as a screenshot or preliminary feature list.  It seems to me that DTG is nothing but a heap of false promises.  First, there was going to be an announcement by the end of last year.  No go at the last minute. Then there was to be some announcement made by the end of Q1 (Even confirmed by "DTG_Aimee" in this thread on Monday telling us that no delay was anticipated and that we'd be updated if there were).  AGAIN.. No go at the very last possible minute.  It seems as though one would be aware as of three days ago whether they would actually be able to meet the end of Q1 deadline or not.  Stop stringing the consumers along and just release information on the product already.  If it is crap then you will hear about it and if it is great it will be warmly received.  We are not expecting the complete and final release of the product, but at least keep us apprised of SOME details and features about this product and what we can expect of it.   At  this point, it really just seems like DTG is full of hot air.  Regards.

DTG aren't under any obligation to tell anyone what they are up to in relation to a new product. Sure it is nice if they or anyone else does, but they don't have to, so there's no need to get irate about it or suppose that because they aren't saying anything it is to annoy us. When they have something worth reporting, I'm pretty sure they will be keen to let people know.

Frankly, if their new simulator was ready in time for its projected deadline it would probably be the first piece of commercial software ever to have managed that lol. Look at Level D's 757, ten years and still waiting, or FSL's A320; they were saying that was nearly ready to rock for about three years before it eventually tipped up!

Many developers wisely choose to remain closed lipped about stuff they are doing, so they don't get people's expectations up, and I can understand why when people start getting upset about it for no really good reason. No point in getting annoyed with them about it, it will be ready when it is ready.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, SBK91 said:

My response is not so friendly and understanding.

Really? You made this your first post? :huh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill, I've closely followed this simulator from its first announcements years ago, I made serval serious proposals in the early Steam thread initiated by Martin (where he replied to > 600 postings I think twice, if at all). I bought FlightSchool, which I found a real disappointment which I was done with after 2 hours. Add the trace of questionable questionnaires on basic features at a point in time where the simulator according to initial announcements should have been ready, factor in the deadline statements and statements about future deadline statements over and over which never where fulfilled. 

Yes, delays can happen and do happen everytime, but this whole trace of evolution is certainly an exceptional one.

I am not a newcomer, I have been simming for more than 25 years now, I have flown nearly any sim around in this time span and I have seen many sims coming and going - some with tears in the eyes. I reserve the right to have a very bad feeling, if not about the sim than at least about customer communication.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, Chock said:

DTG aren't under any obligation to tell anyone what they are up to in relation to a new product. Sure it is nice if they or anyone else does, but they don't have to, so there's no need to get irate about it or suppose that because they aren't saying anything it is to annoy us. When they have something worth reporting, I'm pretty sure they will be keen to let people know.

Frankly, if their new simulator was ready in time for its projected deadline it would probably be the first piece of commercial software ever to have managed that lol. Look at Level D's 757, ten years and still waiting, or FSL's A320; they were saying that was nearly ready to rock for about three years before it eventually tipped up!

Many developers wisely choose to remain closed lipped about stuff they are doing, so they don't get people's expectations up, and I can understand why when people start getting upset about it for no really good reason. No point in getting annoyed with them about it, it will be ready when it is ready.

I suspect they'll bring up their news at FlightSimCon.  Everyone will have something to say.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Seems developers can't win with some of you guys: They can either hit a deadline and be accused of rushing something out untested, or which lacks depth: Or, they can take their time and get accused of lagging and a lack of communication if they don't issue up to the minute news every time they type a line of code.

Really guys, you've put up with FSX for eleven years, surely DTG missing a deadline by a day or so doesn't warrant immediately having a tantrum about it. 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here