Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Best European Payware Airports?

I was hoping the guy who mentioned that A2T EFHK scenery would chime in and enlighten the rest of us what scenery he's referring to.

As for APC, SODE etc IMHO things were much better before these extra modules found their way onto the FS scene and I hope they will either quickly improve for 100% stability and zero issues or otherwise disappear. They already caused far too much issues and I think/hope Aerosoft will realize this as well eventually.

I'm far more interested in a good looking scenery that performs well rather than lots of extras I never use and looking through various forums for the last couple of years I don't seem to be the only one.

Also looking at a product such as FT's EKCH which to many myself included is one of the best out there and without any of these extra modules, that to me is proof enough what can be achieved without such modules. It even comes with moving jetways that again IMHO works perfectly fine and it's all built into the scenery.

I think most developers could learn quite a lot from FT.

Well FlyTampa and Flightbeam and FSDG is for me the benchmark :-)

André

Sorry, what is APC?

Cheers

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Sorry, what is APC?

Cheers

Chas

Airport Controller. Lays the ground textures and objects at airport when approaching. FSDT do it via couati. APC is a pain for most. I assume anybody who purchased airports with this fancy dll became instant beta testers. Can't be bothered with it.

If you go to the Aerosoft forum, look under mega airports support, and enjoy the read.

Posted today by the developer:

"To all complaining about APC to be "childish" - please be aware that's rare case the APC itself is guilty. It is very often combination of the installer and particular computer configuration.

Also, please bear in mind both SODE and APC are pretty advanced tehcnology comparing to default FSX/P3D and so it can caouse issues once it is not propery installed. And to intalled it properly, it could be very tricky - as today every computer with its configuration is in fact solitaire. I hope you understand what I mean :-) "

So the developer is stating that APC is tricky to install. In my book, it should not be.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

My Top 5 in Europe:

FlyTampa LOWW

FlyTampa EKCH

T2G EDDM

Aerosoft EDDF V2

Aerosoft EGLL

and LOWS and LSZH are pretty cool also as mentioned before.

Best non-European:

FlyTampa OMDB Rebooted

FlyTampa CYYZ

Flightbeam KSFO

T2G LZIB and not forgetting the fantastic LH Simulations  LHBP

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just bought France VFR PACA1 3D automation + Justsim Nice...

Tomorrow Digital Design Salzburg

Both airports with P3Dv3 features...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Justsim Nice, great one. Very smooth and good looking scenery. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

LH simulations -LHBP   (Budapest, Hungary ) Liszt Ferenc. 

Fly there quite a bit in real life and this is an amazing airport addon, just wish someone came out with a new Budapest city scenery the aerosoft one is outdated...sigh...

• Upvote 2

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Justsim Nice, great one. Very smooth and good looking scenery. 

I also already thought about Nice... Sounds good. Think I will go for it :-)

Yep, will get Nice me too. I think it's very likely it will end up on my top 5 list in Europe from what I've seen and read so far. I think I'll get T2G EDDM as well now that it has been patched with most issues fixed.

After these two I hope it won't be that long before I can get FT EHAM :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Yep, will get Nice me too. I think it's very likely it will end up on my top 5 list in Europe from what I've seen and read so far. I think I'll get T2G EDDM as well now that it has been patched with most issues fixed.

After these two I hope it won't be that long before I can get FT EHAM :wink:

Yes, get Munich. For me it is the best german airport so far (and my home airport too). I can tell you that T2G captured the feeling of the airport very good.

Yeah FT EHAM will be a great thing. I just hope they can optimize the airport and parts of the city for a great VAS footprint and good FPS. Even with the default airport the VAS is very high in EHAM.

Philipp Schwaegerl

Yes, get Munich. For me it is the best german airport so far (and my home airport too). I can tell you that T2G captured the feeling of the airport very good.

Yeah FT EHAM will be a great thing. I just hope they can optimize the airport and parts of the city for a great VAS footprint and good FPS. Even with the default airport the VAS is very high in EHAM.

Thanks for the info on EDDM!

Looking forward to buy it but will not be right now since I'm currently busy re-installing and testing out all my current airports after a disaster where I was forced to wipe my PC including both Windows 10 and P3D and start all over again. Anyway I'm slowly getting there and having some new airports waiting for me when I'll pass the finish line makes the burden a bit easier for sure :smile:

As for FT EHAM, VAS and FPS footprint I'm sure FT is well aware of the same things we are and will do their utmost to make sure the scenery will perform OK. However I can only imagine how hard it must be to model an airport such as EHAM in FT quality and still make sure the VAS and FPS will be OK at the same time.

Richard Åsberg