Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

VR is the thing you want - Monitors is so last century

Hello BaldyB,

I completed a flight from Washington (KIAD) to New York City (KJFK) using Active Sky 2016 in combination with cloud art.

Todays weather was heavy clouds and lots of tailwind, turbulence and rain  along the way, it was flawless with no OOM.

Air Austral livery for PMDG 777 was at issue, I flew Flying Tigers Air Cargo livery by Steve Drabek / Xudeva Irribarra for PMDG 777 Cargo Variant

without any OOM to KJFK Arrival into  Fsdreamteam KJFK scenery, using my Occulus Rift Hardware and Flyinside software.

Thanking You,

Best regards

AFTAB HINGORO

i have one last question before i make the plunge in buying a used kit. can you see your mouse with the goggles on? it seems like it would be hard to have the goggles on if you can't see what you are clicking on.

i have one last question before i make the plunge in buying a used kit. can you see your mouse with the goggles on? it seems like it would be hard to have the goggles on if you can't see what you are clicking on.

On the Oculus CV1 at least, there is enough space around your nose that you can see down and out enough to see your mouse, and even type, if you're determined.

Don't know about the Vive, but then the Vive has a front facing camera that may or may not be useful in those situations.

As an aside, both Rift and Vive have programs that allow you to see your regular computer screen.

Its also interesting to watch movies, as the sense of scale in these devices can easily make you feel like you're sitting in front of an immense Imax screen.  :smile:

Finally, this might help.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I am buying a used dk2 kit for 200.00. it's all that I can fit in my budget right now, a few people said it would be a good kit for a couple years. I also don't want to spend 5-700 dollars and find out I don't like it. when 3d came out on computers it gave me headaches. I had spent at the time the money for the 3d monitor and the Nvidia 3d glasses. it ended up being a waste.all you guys have me excited about oculus, I hope its everything its cracked up to be.

I am buying a used dk2 kit for 200.00. it's all that I can fit in my budget right now, a few people said it would be a good kit for a couple years. I also don't want to spend 5-700 dollars and find out I don't like it. when 3d came out on computers it gave me headaches. I had spent at the time the money for the 3d monitor and the Nvidia 3d glasses. it ended up being a waste.all you guys have me excited about oculus, I hope its everything its cracked up to be.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I just hope the dk2 kit will be ok, I just want to be able to use my mouse with it, that's what I am worried about. I don't care about touch controllers right now with the brand new rift.i appreciate everything you all have posted. I see I will need to buy fly inside as well for x-plane.i hope i am smart enough to hook it up correctly lol,

well i just got the dk2 version, i am getting ready to find a tutorial to hook it up properly, i hope it goes well.

http://www.vrcircle.com/page/how-to-set-up-and-configure-your-oculus-rift-development-kit-2-dk2

Devons rig

wow thanks for the link.

No problem.

I would say though, that depending on if you are a gamer, you might end up purchasing programs to use with your system other than FlightSims. I would say you get better deals through Steam rather than the Oculus store, for most items. Just a heads up.

Devons rig

i am hoping planet coaster, gta v and train sim will use the oculus, i just now sat down and opened the box to mess with it.

i am hoping planet coaster, gta v and train sim will use the oculus, i just now sat down and opened the box to mess with it.

You might end up getting VorpX for that. Not sure. http://www.vorpx.com/

Devons rig

guys i am confused, i installed the oculus software and the store said the dk2 is not supported, what do i need to instal? can i just instal fly insider? i removed the oculus software. i was able to look around a christmas room which was really cool

guys i am confused, i installed the oculus software and the store said the dk2 is not supported, what do i need to instal? can i just instal fly insider? i removed the oculus software. i was able to look around a christmas room which was really cool

Having only ever had the CV1, DK2 support is new to me, too. 

The only relevant (and clear!) info I could find regarding your situation was this:

https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1267582579925778/?ref=hc_fnav

http://www.theriftarcade.com/fyi-the-oculus-rift-dk2-works-perfectly-with-launch-games-the-oculus-store/

Will the DK2 work on the Oculus Platform?

DK2 will continue to be supported as a development platform in 2016. That means you should upgrade to SDK 1.3 and access Oculus Home, Oculus Store, and Oculus app for Windows for development purposes. 

DK2 is not officially supported as a consumer product, although it will provide access to aforementioned software. You can purchase software through the Oculus Store but it may not work as intended or at all. 

Since DK2 is a developer kit and content on the Oculus Store is designed specifically for consumer Rift, there may be issues running it now or in the future. However, any purchase that you make using a DK2 is associated with your Oculus account, not a specific headset. That means your content will be available to you if you get a consumer Rift. 

I’m developing an app with my DK2, how do I upgrade to PC SDK 1.3?

To upgrade to PC SDK 1.3, uninstall the old runtime, and download the new software from developer.oculus.com

Can I test my app in the Oculus Store with my DK2?

Yes, you can utilize the release channel to preview and test your app before it goes into production. 

Can I purchase content using my DK2?

Yes, you can purchase software through the Oculus Store but it may not work as intended or at all. All purchases that you make using DK2 with your Oculus account will also be available to you when you get a Rift—your account is the same.

Devons rig

i got it installed, i bought fly inside for x-plane, i am just having problems with AA, the plane is out of this world, but the aa is blurry and hard to read and hurts my eyes. i am trying to get the visuals to stop looking so blurry.