Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

VR is the thing you want - Monitors is so last century

i got it installed, i bought fly inside for x-plane, i am just having problems with AA, the plane is out of this world, but the aa is blurry and hard to read and hurts my eyes. i am trying to get the visuals to stop looking so blurry.

The weird thing about HMDs is that they are set to be focused on infinity. Its counter-intuitive, since the display is right in front of your nose, but if you need glasses, you have to wear them.

Also, if I remember correctly, either the DK1 or the DK2 (or who knows, maybe both) came with  different lenses so you could adjust for your specific vision, so that might help as well.

Edit: Some info here.

http://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-rift-dk2-review-dk1-comparison-vr-headset/4/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

thanks, i must say it's one of the most interesting things to look at in the cockpit i have ever seen if i can get it adjusted correct and the blurryness a little better.when i put xplane 11 in fullscreen, it doesn't fill my oculus rift, its still looks like a windows mode to the left, i will work with it for another hour or so and try again tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

ok guys i was up until 4am, i am still having problems getting the sensor lined up with the headset. my monitor sits up to high.i get really good framerates. i don't wear glasses or anything but i am having problems with AA. it has to be the fly inside software, in the normal demo i don't get the AA issue.the current oculus software won't let me set up the headset, during setup only the sensor is detected and the other 2 it just sits there and spins during setup.maybe it's because i am on windows 7.thank all of you for bringing this wonderful software the oculus rift to my attention, it's probably the best experience i have had since i was on my honey moon lol.

• Upvote 1

ok guys i was up until 4am, i am still having problems getting the sensor lined up with the headset. my monitor sits up to high.i get really good framerates. i don't wear glasses or anything but i am having problems with AA. it has to be the fly inside software, in the normal demo i don't get the AA issue.the current oculus software won't let me set up the headset, during setup only the sensor is detected and the other 2 it just sits there and spins during setup.maybe it's because i am on windows 7.thank all of you for bringing this wonderful software the oculus rift to my attention, it's probably the best experience i have had since i was on my honey moon lol.

My sensor works great at a 45 Degree angle 2. 5-3 ' from my headset. Do you see a blue beam scanning you when set up the sensor? 

Best

BaldyB

• Upvote 1

I used to have a DK2 and now a CV1, so other than the obvious, (start saving for a CV1, it's worth EVERY PENNY) I'd start at looking at the frame rates. Your Flyinside is optimised, again, for the CV1 so is aiming at 90FPS. Your DK2 runs at 75 FPS so you need to set Flyinside to this.

Otherwise, the best tip is to really try to look straight ahead and move your head rather than eyes for looking about, The DK2 is not great out of the central area and SDE comes near the edges. (Screen Door Effect- the pixelation becomes evident as the lens distortion increases).

The DK2 is still a good start, I enjoyed mine and folks who complain about the CV1 are usually those who never tried a DK2 or 1 before.

Hope the frame issue is your problem and it solves your woes.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

anyone using x-plane with the vr, when i open the 2d panels i can't see them, such as the ipad.i am not sure if i am supposed to disable my main monitor when using vr or not. i am still learning the best way to use this.

anyone using x-plane with the vr, when i open the 2d panels i can't see them, such as the ipad.i am not sure if i am supposed to disable my main monitor when using vr or not. i am still learning the best way to use this.

We are learning as we go! With all due respect, Flyinside  is a Beta program. I honestly do not seeing announced support for X-11, on Fly's site, X-10 yes. Not sure but I believe X-Plane was the last Sim to be made workable with it? You can bet your bottom dollar that Dan Church is working hard to make it solid for all sims including X-11and.

Leap Motion also has solid support for development in Flyinside. My personal view is feedback via gloves with sensors would be fantastic. I think those type gloves would add a factor of immersion that would really tip the scales.

Best wishes

BaldyB

Didn't actually read your post, just woke up.

If you can bring up your I Pad on your regular monitors window you can then Go inside Flyinside and export your window, import into Flyinside, then you can see your Ipad from Flyinside. Click on it and it should work. You do not disable your monitor. Never tried to import a black screen or blank monitor. How in gods name would get inside Flyinside without your monitor NOT disabled in the first place?

Best

BaldyB              

I've had the Oculus for about a month using mainly in DCS and briefly in P3D with the FlyInside demo, I've pretty much put it down because of the low resolution where I can barely read any instruments or text in the flight deck without me already knowing what they say from experience. I fly commercially real world so my eyesight is fine I've just been thinking in the back of my head that maybe I'm missing something key or perhaps the the technology is still too low res for what I'd like.

I've had the Oculus for about a month using mainly in DCS and briefly in P3D with the FlyInside demo, I've pretty much put it down because of the low resolution where I can barely read any instruments or text in the flight deck without me already knowing what they say from experience. I fly commercially real world so my eyesight is fine I've just been thinking in the back of my head that maybe I'm missing something key or perhaps the the technology is still too low res for what I'd like.

Are you using supersampling?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I've had the Oculus for about a month using mainly in DCS and briefly in P3D with the FlyInside demo, I've pretty much put it down because of the low resolution where I can barely read any instruments or text in the flight deck without me already knowing what they say from experience.

This was exactly what I found when I tried FSX and DCS on two different systems suposedly set up specifically for VR (Rift and Vive).

Are you using supersampling?

But even post-processing the image doesn't increase the number of pixels. You might be able to reduce the aliasing (at the cost of more processing power) but you can't make the same image sharper because that's directly proportional to the screen resolution. Each Rift screen is only 1080x1200 and stretching it with a lens just makes things worse.

This first generation of VR is more about the experience than the image and as long as you realise that then you'll probably be happy. For me image quality is more important so clearly, at present, VR is not on my wish list.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

You do increase the perceived image sharpness quite a bit using using supersampling though. For me, I can read text without having 2 lean forward to "squint" at the console, and that blur in the distance becomes a landing field with the direction of the runway discernable.

Everything else seems noticeably clearer, as well.

Devons rig

i am getting ready to order leap motion. i was just curious if more of you have better experience with p3d or x-plane. if x-plane 10 is better supported, i will install x-plane 10 and use x-plane 10 for the vr experience. i was considering buying fly inside for fsx or p3d. as i stated before the only issue i have, i can't see my 2d panels. so i have to print my flight plan or set the plane up without the rift and then do the flight. i completely understand fly inside is beta. i had planned on buying vorp x to play gta 5 until i ready so many bad reviews on vorp x. there are only a couple other games i am interested in vr that i already own. which is planet coaster and train simulator. i also ran across the apollo 11 vr experience for 9 bucks, it looks like a great experience to have. thanks again guys. i have the cv1 kit now and just now gonna hook it up.

I have not tried VR with any other sim.....

And: Whoa! you already have a CV1, now?

That was quick!!!  :shok:

Devons rig

ya i have the cv1 now, i need to know if anyone knows of a good tutorial to setup fly inside for x-plane 10 or 11, and fsx-se, i have read and read, it feels like i can't set things up right. the cv1 looks night and day to me.i sold the dk2 kit for 275.00 and bought the cv1 used for 450.00. it was well worth it.i have everyone in the house looking at the oculus now.i am the only highly computer inclined in the house.