Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

ORBX Narvik (ENNK) is finally out

I would like to know how it works with Global, as they said "can also be used with FTX Global BASE"

Artur 

Stupidly amazing. Wow.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Only problem with this airport is that it took YEARS to create it. So the next one of this quality may take some time (understatement) and once you've seen this, other similar addons won't look as impressive anymore.

I myself don't fly with payware airports anymore because those airports make the others look too bad and I like everything to have a similar feel and quality (luckily I fly in FTX Norway only in which all airports are updated AND I do use AoN). However, I might buy this one anyway and treat it as a sim within a sim, something like a very limited but awesome looking FU.  :wink: All I need is a trike for P3D. But first I will have to read about performance: afaik everything is 3D, up to the rocks, so no autogen, and it seems to me it will take some power to see those screenshots in smooth motion on my PC.

I would like to know how it works with Global, as they said "can also be used with FTX Global BASE"

I think you need FTX Norway to run this. Where does it say "can also be used with FTX Global Base".

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I think you need FTX Norway to run this. Where does it say "can also be used with FTX Global Base".

Can also be used with FTX Global BASE with the included 10m mesh, but we recommend to use FTX Norway for a seamless blend to photoreal.  taken  from the purchase  page  info,   ftx Norway must be installed prior  installing  the airport

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have Global and not intend to buy FTX Norway, thus my question.

If it will work ok with Global then will buy it, otherwise not.

Artur 

Only problem with this airport is that it took YEARS to create it. So the next one of this quality may take some time (understatement) and once you've seen this, other similar addons won't look as impressive anymore.

I myself don't fly with payware airports anymore because those airports make the others look too bad and I like everything to have a similar feel and quality (luckily I fly in FTX Norway only in which all airports are updated AND I do use AoN). However, I might buy this one anyway and treat it as a sim within a sim, something like a very limited but awesome looking FU.  :wink: All I need is a trike for P3D. But first I will have to read about performance: afaik everything is 3D, up to the rocks, so no autogen, and it seems to me it will take some power to see those screenshots in smooth motion on my PC.

I use the trike from FSX and it works just perfect. The whole library is 36.5 MB, can I send it to you somehow?

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I have Global and not intend to buy FTX Norway, thus my question.

If it will work ok with Global then will buy it, otherwise not.

It will work but the photoreal parts won't blend in perfectly like with FTX Norway. So you may see more clearly where the airport scenery ends. Probably won't be a show stopper though.

I use the trike from FSX and it works just perfect. 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Thx. Problem. I don't have FSX anymore. Not even on disk. 

A bit confused with this product, at the top of the product page, it said it can be used with FTX Global BASE, but at the very bottom of the page, it said "This product requires you have the following installed: EU Norway".

bit confused with this product, at the top of the product page, it said it can be used with FTX Global BASE, but at the very bottom of the page, it said "This product requires you have the following installed: EU Norway".

Post 10 answers your question

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

J van E

Send me an e-mail to JJJackson.Abogados@outlook.com and I will send you a link where you can get it. 

Jack

J van E

Send me an e-mail to JJJackson.Abogados@outlook.com and I will send you a link where you can get it. 

Jack

Thx! You've got mail!

J van E,

I did a quick circuit or two at lunchtime in the RealAir Legacy. I run P3d 3.3.5, have FTX Norway and was using AS16 weather, which was not too clement in Narvik today!

I had used the control panel for ENNK to set just about everything at medium, and then loaded up the scenery with some trepidation as I had the same thought as you about performance. I was astonished to get a butter smooth flight with frame rates hovering at the 70fps mark - I don't get that anywhere normally except over totally unpopulated areas! I don't know what or how Tore has done what he did, but the performance here is absolutely amazing, and the town and airport are simply beautifully modelled.

Go for it!

Cheers

Jack

• Upvote 1

Jack Johnston

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg