Sign in to follow this  
Nico1854

Voice Attack Profile - How to Trigger commands after P3D events

I'm actually trying to build a Voice Attack profile.

I would like some commands to initiate after passing P3D events. I think the easiest way would be to send (automatically from P3D )a Key stroke on the event.

For example, when I pass above 10'000ft, I want to initiate a command in Voice Attack asking me to switch lights off.

Is there a way to get these informations from P3D and how ?

Airborne

Passing above transition altitude

Passing above 10'000ft

Passing below 10'000ft

Passing below TA

Are there other events that we can get out of P3D to use in other programs such as VA ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You will have to create a plugin for VoiceAttack that interfaces with the sim via SimConnect.

Ooops,

That's out of my capabilities actually. I will check how to in VA user guide because I'm now reading about SimConnect and it does not seem to be easy.

Thank's for your answer

You will have to create a plugin for VoiceAttack that interfaces with the sim via SimConnect.

hmmmm that apply to interfacing VoiceAttack with FSUIPC?

Thanks,

Chas

I'm actually trying to build a Voice Attack profile.

I would like some commands to initiate after passing P3D events. I think the easiest way would be to send (automatically from P3D )a Key stroke on the event.

For example, when I pass above 10'000ft, I want to initiate a command in Voice Attack asking me to switch lights off.

Is there a way to get these informations from P3D and how ?

Airborne

Passing above transition altitude

Passing above 10'000ft

Passing below 10'000ft

Passing below TA

Are there other events that we can get out of P3D to use in other programs such as VA ?

Yes you can do this with Spad.Next which has a plugin for Voice Attack that works. I have used it and confirms that it works. In addition you can send a command from VA to Spad.Next which has logic and direct access to standard events and variables as well as Lvars and self created local variables.You can get it here https://www.fsgs.com/pages/landing-page/.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Awesome - I've been using VA but didn't know there was a way to truly communicate between P3D and VA... Off to learn... Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Terry,Awesome - I've been using VA but didn't know there was a way to truly communicate between P3D and VA... Off to learn... Thanks...Regards,Scott

I forgot to mention there is a Vjoy plugin on the VA site that also works for having VA send virtual button pushes which are defined in Spad.Next as it also sees Vjoy sticks.

Terry

Looks like an interesting connection....I have been wondering why there was virtually no FSX/P3D chatter here or on the VoiceAttack forums....space games, yes....flight sims...Not_So_Much.

Is it possible that VA is an innovative Poor man's MCE?

Here is what has been done....though the author seems to be unresponsive...definitely an elderly Brit. Sick? Deceased?

What ever...sending him and his, healing vibes!

...a shame...we all could learn from this guy...

Chas

With the newly released Spad.next VoiceAttack plugin you can execute commands and change Lvars, variables etc. by a voice command but I don't believe you can have sim events trigger a "text to speak" command. I think it's only one way so far.

Joe