Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

New NVidia Titan-X (Pascal) plus FlyElise-nl Warp software - WOW!

Hi fellow pilots,

I posted this today on the P3D forums, and I'm sharing it here, after waiting YEARS to get rid of NVidia "Surround" views on my triple monitors in Prepar3D v.3.3.5, I stumbled across 2 software products by a company called Fly Elise.  Let me invite you to watch this product on my YouTube channel and compare the views at 60-degree offsets vs. much smaller offsets in NVidia Surround on those same 3 monitors.  The difference is ASTOUNDING.  This solution requires high performance video card, my system is 4.0ghz i72600K mild overclock.  The new Intel Skylake 6700K defaults to 4ghz Turbo mode (no overclock), so you get a Skylake and the new Titan-X (Pascal) plus the two software progs shown in the video and you may be amazed at the results.  You STILL have to pay attention to sliders and high-end adds such as PMDG (I don't fly PMDG any more because I fly Sim Avionics plus Flight Deck Solutions hardware).  Hope this helps those searching for the undistorted wing views in perfect sync.

My post:
UPDATE: I have posted a video on YouTube showing P3D driving 3 monitors on just ONE PC without using NVidia Surround.
Here is a post I shared with some of my tech buddies on P3D:

Well, I finally discovered a GREAT solution to give me the long-awaited triple-views with 60-degree offsets on the wing monitors and NO DISTORTION using P3dv3.3.5 and a pair of VERY FINE products by Fly Elise-nl.net The two products are listed in my video description on YouTube (this video is free of advertising). You can also see the identical flight using NVSurround (the "old" way of doing things). In both videos, the brand new NVidia Titan-X "Pascal" video card (available ONLY from Nvidia.com online store) proves it is truly a beast of a card.
I am running Orbx KPSP (Palm Springs) and Orbx SoCal, along with Active Sky 2016. I think you will be pretty impressed by the sync of the monitors (flawless!) using the warping software, and the fact that an i7 2600K cpu (mildly overclocked to just 4.0 ghz) is able to drive this setup.
While I don't think the new Pascal could drive 3 4K UHD displays properly (even Nvidia says you would need 2 of their beast cards in SLI just to run in NVSurround (NV Surround NOT needed using the warping software), for the many many pilots who are struggling with triple monitor goals, the solution I bumped into is HUGE. It was a very long wait.
On the bright side the Fly Elise products are straightforward and do not require a rocket scientist to set up or run. Their LCD Designer Pro will calculate the asynchronous frustrums (camera views) requiring nothing more than precise metric dimensions of the display screen area, plus precise measurements of the bezels (upper, lower, left and right). There is an export button, and a new View Groups.XML is exported along with the three individual camera cfg files to a temp folder. User then copies the XML file over to USERNAME\APPDATA\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D folder (overwriting the one that is there already). Then USER starts up Fly Elise Immersive Display Pro and setups the three displays, and imports each individual display camera cfg file, then click SAVE in the program to write those views to P3D.
Upon starting up P3D, user sees just 1 display showing P3D. Right click on desktop, choose View Groups, and select LCD Designer Pro. Bingo, all 3 monitors light up, perfectly synched and I mean PERFECTLY. Frames are insane, even with the system rendering the sim in 3 (frameless) warped windows. Check it out!  HERE IS THE NEW WAY:

And now Here is the OLD Way (same flight on NVidia Surround WITHOUT FlyElise Warping)  Note the BAD STRETCHING and how the side panel views are much smaller offset angles, and how fast the side panel scenery must move to stay in sync with Center display!

I hope you will consider sharing this info with those who have struggled mightily for so long. Best of all, only ONE PC needed for the visuals. On my system I have a second PC driving Sim Avionics software to drive my hardware instruments, and a third all-in-one PC to do the glass cockpit shown below my external view monitors. All systems are Windows 10.
My long-awaited dream finally came true, without having to use multi-channel (networked) views. Obviously 4K displays would likely need the multi-channel approach still under development. Mine are 1080P displays.  Note:  If you have not got LCD monitors yet, be sure to purchase IPS displays.  They will render colors better at different viewing angles.  In my case the displays vary depending on which angle you are viewing them.

• Upvote 1

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

While I don't think the new Pascal could drive 3 4K UHD displays properly (even Nvidia says you would need 2 of their beast cards in SLI just to run in NVSurround (NV Surround NOT needed using the warping software), for the many many pilots who are struggling with triple monitor goals, the solution I bumped into is HUGE. It was a very long wait.

Thanks for the heads-up, this is sounding very good.

Can you tell me if this will correct the distortion of a single monitor

which I admit is a lot less than a triple setup but is still there if you look for it?

gb

Edit: To be fair to Surround, in your video Surround is displaying an awfully greater true field of view.

You really need to match the two fields for a fair comparison.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks for the heads-up, this is sounding very good.

Can you tell me if this will correct the distortion of a single monitor

which I admit is a lot less than a triple setup but is still there if you look for it?

gb

Edit: To be fair to Surround, in your video Surround is displaying an awfully greater true field of view.

You really need to match the two fields for a fair comparison.

gb.

Hi- I suggest you reach out to Fly Elise support, they would be happy to answer you, even though you are not "yet" a customer :D  I was and am very impressed with their support.  And to be fair, NV Surround is better than nothing, but only "just".  You can NOT see 'around the corner' when you're flying in the landing pattern.  Even in my setup, I don't have a full 90-degrees out each side monitor.  But it is a LOT better than it was with NVSurround.  Best of all, the Fly Elise software does NOT require you be a math genius to calculate the views.  You use a simple visual layout to show your monitors, then you "EXPORT" those and the Immersive Display Pro takes the exported files and calculates each of your 3 camera views.  Yes, this product can do MORE than 3 monitors.  YES, it can do projection displays as well as monitors.  I was stunned and amazed by how easy this was, and I am a real coward with the word "Frustrums" (cameras). 

BTW, NVSurround produces VERY SEVERE distortion of the views, elongated objects are a buzz kill, example "stretched" airplanes next to you on the ramp, clouds that are pulled lengthwise, etc, etc.  BUILDINGS that are stretched... and so on.  It was so annoying I darn near went back to XPlane, and it's ugly compared to Orbx world.

That said, my solution requires high end software and I suggest the ultimate video card (New Pascal Titan-X, not just the 1080).  In 3 displays @ 1920x1080 you are rendering over 6 MILLION pixels PER FRAME.  If you are using MSAA x 2, you are drawing those 6 million pixels TWICE per frame to 'average them'.  In plain language, you need all the graphics horsepower in the world, and you STILL need to balance your sliders, example, I don't use ANY cars, boats, or Artificial Traffic.  My graphics settings are NOT maxed.  I have to balance things, partly because the ORBX SoCal and payware airports tax the system more than simple autogen.  But holy cow, does it look GREAT.

What's really cool is you can use Fly Elise FREE for 30 days before buying the Immersive Display Pro warping software.  You do NOT run NV Surround when using FlyElise products.  You DO need a muscular CPU at high GHZ.  I recommend 4 ghz or higher.  Speed more important than cores IMHO.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Hi- I suggest you reach out to Fly Elise support, they would be happy to answer you, even though you are not "yet" a customer :D  I was and am very impressed with their support.  And to be fair, NV Surround is better than nothing, but only "just".  You can NOT see 'around the corner' when you're flying in the landing pattern.  Even in my setup, I don't have a full 90-degrees out each side monitor.  But it is a LOT better than it was with NVSurround.  Best of all, the Fly Elise software does NOT require you be a math genius to calculate the views.  You use a simple visual layout to show your monitors, then you "EXPORT" those and the Immersive Display Pro takes the exported files and calculates each of your 3 camera views.  Yes, this product can do MORE than 3 monitors.  YES, it can do projection displays as well as monitors.  I was stunned and amazed by how easy this was, and I am a real coward with the word "Frustrums" (cameras). 

BTW, NVSurround produces VERY SEVERE distortion of the views, elongated objects are a buzz kill, example "stretched" airplanes next to you on the ramp, clouds that are pulled lengthwise, etc, etc.  BUILDINGS that are stretched... and so on.  It was so annoying I darn near went back to XPlane, and it's ugly compared to Orbx world.

That said, my solution requires high end software and I suggest the ultimate video card (New Pascal Titan-X, not just the 1080).  In 3 displays @ 1920x1080 you are rendering over 6 MILLION pixels PER FRAME.  If you are using MSAA x 2, you are drawing those 6 million pixels TWICE per frame to 'average them'.  In plain language, you need all the graphics horsepower in the world, and you STILL need to balance your sliders, example, I don't use ANY cars, boats, or Artificial Traffic.  My graphics settings are NOT maxed.  I have to balance things, partly because the ORBX SoCal and payware airports tax the system more than simple autogen.  But holy cow, does it look GREAT.

Great, thanks for that.

Don't know if you spotted my edit?

The Surround video looks to have about twice the field of view of the Fly Elise.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Just use the View groups feature to get 3 connected views .

It is free.

I have 2 extra undocked views and all 3 are perfectly alligned together.

A few months ago I also tried the Fly Elise payware solution but this looks better.

With Fly Elise it is way to much zoomed out...

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Nice! :wub:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Just use the View groups feature to get 3 connected views .
It is free.

I have 2 extra undocked views and all 3 are perfectly alligned together.

A few months ago I also tried the Fly Elise payware solution but this looks better.
With Fly Elise it is way to much zoomed out...

Your video is indeed very nice.  I am willing to bet you spent QUITE A LOT of time constructing those view camera cfg files, am I right?  Fly Elise was VERY FAST and easy to set up and took the BEZEL SIZES into account - I was shocked how easy it was to use.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

GSalden, you say "just use the View groups feature".  View groups feature from what?  Windows 10?  What software?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Nevermind!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

P3D has a feature called ViewGroups to connect different views to one wide view ( bezelcorrection )..

What I did was a little different :

1 I took the middle monitor to startup P3D in VC ( Prosim has no panels in the VC ) and set the zoom at 0.7

2 An extra views was undocked and dragged to the left monitor

3 With Spacbar + Left mouse button the view on that monitor could be moved around till it connected to the middle monitor

4 The same for the right view on the right monitor

5 Situation Saved

If you do not want panels to be seen and you do not have Prosim you can do the same with the 2D cockpit by opening your camera.cfg file and replacing the 2D entry ( CameraDefinition.001 ) by :

[CameraDefinition.001]

Title=Cockpit

Guid={B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}

Description=This is the description of the cockpit view

Origin=Cockpit

ShowPanel=Yes

SnapPbhAdjust=Ordinal

SnapPbhReturn=True

PanPbhAdjust=Swivel

PanPbhReturn=False

Track=None

ShowAxis=FrontOnly

AllowZoom=TRUE

InitialZoom=1.0

SmoothZoomTime=2.0

ShowWeather=Yes

XyzAdjust=TRUE

ShowLensFlare=FALSE

Category=Cockpit

PitchPanRate=30

HeadingPanRate=75

PanAcceleratorTime=0

HotKeySelect=2

I tried with Nicolas kind help ( he even tried on my pc remotely ) to have FlyElise LCD Designer Pro + Immersive Display Pro set up on my system but it never looked as good as I have it now...

FYI : this is with 1x 40" and 2x 32"

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

P3D has a feature called ViewGroups to connect different views to one wide view ( bezelcorrection )..

What I did was a little different :

1 I took the middle monitor to startup P3D in VC...

Really wonderful aspects...you should do a tutorial -Step-by-Step on camera/bezel management and sync! For we that only have VCs, the best of all worlds would be be able to do this with TRACKIR or other head trackers. Group views would even allows us to look around the front window posts!

Unfortunately TrackIR seems unable to use three track-able-track-movable independent camera views.....in single-view stretched...yes...but the peripheral views are distorted...three views ...no

...only the center monitor tracks.

Boy, would I love to be proven wrong!

Thanks G! What a wonderful flight deck you have created!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Unfortunately TrackIR seems unable to use three track-able-track-movable independent camera views.....in single-view stretched...yes...but the peripheral views are distorted...three views ...no

Yes it can.

Find the "link views" short cut in the Sims control settings (views) and assign a button to it.

gb.

Your video is indeed very nice. I am willing to bet you spent QUITE A LOT of time constructing those view camera cfg files, am I right? Fly Elise was VERY FAST

SirRobert,

Great and fun info...

Nice to see your unconventiall personalized flight deck...It and your screens Look lovely...but;

I respectfully submit, that the vast majority of can't or wont justify $400 to tweak our screens…

Thanks for the heads up!

Chas

Yes it can.

Find the "link views" short cut in the Sims control settings (views) and assign a button to it.

gb.

My TIR center and off buttons has been assigned since I got TrackIR....

I'm Not getting the drift of your comment.

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2