Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

FSL A320 now generally available

Gentlemen,

we removed that statement from our web page as it was causing confusion. We have many customers running the A320-X already in higher resolution and it works fine. As long as your settings are optimized, there should be no problems.

Hi Lefteris thats what I was kind of thinking because this 1080 statement did not make sense to me - should be on par with PMDG 777 one would assume  

There is a trick with their Concorde on how to save +- 500MB VAS at high resolutions. My setup has 3 screens with a total resolution of 5980x1080 and I'm running Concorde at busy addon airports without VAS issues. The thing is you have to reduce the window size of every 2D panel to fit a 1080p screen since they can eat a lot of memory when stretched across the display which is the result when going multi screen or any resolution above 1080p. Maybe it's the same with the airbus? That one surely has less panels than Concorde but who knows..

Ah but I wouldnt install the 2d panels - no need for them so thats a good thing - thanks 

Oh if I dont install the 2d panel option do I still get fms pop out - I would assume so ? 

Rich Sennett

I have to say that after watching some video's I am getting more and more interested in this plane. I've been an Airbus fan for ages, prefer it over Boeing stuff by far, and although I like the Aerosoft Airbus (and the extra's it offers) I have to say that being able to toggle EVERY switch, push EVERY button and turn EVERY knob looks mighty cool... I probably won't use everything but it DOES make things more real. The 'dead' buttons, switches and knobs in the Aerosoft plane always bugged me a little. 

Would be cool though if by the time the P3D version will be released something like FS2Crew would be available for it. I always use the Aerosoft checklist (with audio etc.) and it makes things more real/immersive for me. Anyway, I will be keeping a very close eye on the FLS version!

BTW Are there any tutorials (and/or manuals) for this FLS Airbus that can be downloaded from somewhere? Does it come with a tutorial at all? I think I can get a long way thanks to my Aerosft Airbus experience but in a video I already noticed something about the brake pressure needing attention (great stuff!) and obviously I know nothing about all that.

Hi J

Am waiting for the P3d version.

Ive been blown away by the aircraft and am not a airbus fan, but after seeing the new level this bring, I've just deleted P3d and all addon. To make a fresh install when it comes out. I dont want to talk about the AS bus. But now I think your seeing just what a real airbus is like.

I intend to use this aircraft for the next 2-3 and really get to know it as it seems no other airlines comes with this depth. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi J

Am waiting for the P3d version.

I dont think you will have to wait to long imo  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Ive just wiped P3D off my PC, addons and all. Why?

P3D from when I buy this A320 will be just that...An FSL P3D simulator. Flying vEasyjet. I might try to find a USA based V for it also.

I would fly BA but BAV booted me out because I could not get a flight in because I had my house riped apart and rebuild. so Easyjet it will be. 

Am also thinking of upgrading to a GTX1080 and a 4k screen. Just for this. ouch!

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Oh if I dont install the 2d panel option do I still get fms pop out - I would assume so ? 

Yes, you'll still get the MCDU (FMS) and LCD display pop-ups.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

BTW Are there any tutorials (and/or manuals) for this FLS Airbus that can be downloaded from somewhere? Does it come with a tutorial at all? I think I can get a long way thanks to my Aerosft Airbus experience but in a video I already noticed something about the brake pressure needing attention (great stuff!) and obviously I know nothing about all that.

Hey Jeroen,

It comes with a basic tutorial and manual in the purchased product.

I'm with you about the Aerosoft bus and I have thoroughly  enjoyed it, and the built-in automated 1st officer was brilliant, helping me to learn the flows and generally how to manage the Bus vs a Boeing.

I never knew about the brake pressure either before I saw that video, but I'm finding there is a lot I didn't know about the Bus as I get into the FSL version.  That is not a dig on the Aerosoft Bus in any way, but a testament to how in-depth the FSL Bus seems to be as I explore it more.  

You'll also learn about how to taxi it with just a joystick twist and no rudder pedals the 1st time you try to turn while taxiing. (my apologies to the ground crewman I ran over because I could only turn the nosewheel 6 degrees before I read the manual)  :o

I'm going to enjoy my purchase regardless of all the strife its seemed to have created with the community based on pricing and the other issues dominating every thread about it, including this one.

I choose to commend the FSL team for not giving up on the project when we've seen other groups do just that after a long dev cycle and the crushing criticism that goes along with a project in dev this long.

Regardless of any other agenda you attach to this product, what you get when the smoke clears and you're in the cockpit, from my initial impressions is a "study-level" Airbus A320, something I believe the community has been asking for forever... right guys?

I also never fail to recognize a passionate group of folks who work tirelessly to contribute to our hobby.  Anyone who thinks Lefteris and the crew started this project with the sole objective of getting rich, needs to start their own FS dev company and see how rich they get, seriously. 

Anyway....I'm away from my Bus this weekend (flew on a real Bus to get here in Cali), so I'll just hit the books and start painting a few I'll be flying.  The paintkit is fantastic, and she's very easy to paint from my initial dabs onto the canvas.  As it looks, I shouldn't have to paint much as there is already a ton of repaints for her and other painters are already pumping out more daily.  

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Yes, you'll still get the MCDU (FMS) and LCD display pop-ups.

Thanks Wayne  :wink:

Rich Sennett

P3D from when I buy this A320 will be just that...An FSL P3D simulator. Flying vEasyjet. I might try to find a USA based V for it also.

I would fly BA but BAV booted me out because I could not get a flight in because I had my house riped apart and rebuild. so Easyjet it will be. 

Am also thinking of upgrading to a GTX1080 and a 4k screen. Just for this. ouch!

I can recommend   vEZY (just google vEZY) and flyvblue (Jetblue).

One thing is good to know. If you join vEZY, you are also able to fly for vRYR (Ryanair). I'm in both and it is lots of fun to fly for them. 

PS: Also waiting for the FSL to arrive for P3D.. The pain of waiting for this is real!

Philipp Schwaegerl

I do both BA and AA virtual (aavirtual.net - there are several different ones). It gives me a good combination and variety of aircraft - plus I guess they are One World partners so I am not flying rivals. Since the US Airways merger you pretty much have a full complement of either Boeing or Airbus - plus Dash 8! 

I can fly around the UK and Europe or anywhere in the USA. I especially like taking the airbus from Miami for short 1-2 hour trips down to some nice destinations in the Carribbean. AA is nice, because there is no checking in every hour and seems a little more laid back. But still with good quality ACARS and interface. 

I can recommend   vEZY (just google vEZY) and flyvblue (Jetblue).

One thing is good to know. If you join vEZY, you are also able to fly for vRYR (Ryanair). I'm in both and it is lots of fun to fly for them. 

PS: Also waiting for the FSL to arrive for P3D.. The pain of waiting for this is real!

Am already a member as I have a lot of hours on vRYR but thanks all the same.  :smile:

@Richie, I think am still a member of AA as well  :smile:

Just BAV seem to have no understanding that real life sometimes has to come first and since my house was a building site for 6 months does not come within there scope. They simple kick you.

After no PC at home working etc i got this. Shame as I would have loved clocking up countless miles in the Bus with them, but hey, there rules! Even if I did place myself on leave, but that time lapsed.

"David Murden

We regret to inform you that you have been removed from the BAVirtual roster due to a period of excessive inactivity. Our Terms & Conditions clearly state that pilots must fly at least once every 30 days (or within 14 days of joining), or place themselves on Leave. As you have failed to comply with this requirement, your BAVirtual membership has now been terminated and you will no longer have access to our Crew Centre, Software and Forums. This action may not be reversible. Thank you for your time with BAVirtual."

Even if I did place myself on leave, but that time lapsed.

Did you contact Human Resources. I've found that they're usually pretty understanding if you shoot them an email.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

I dont think you will have to wait to long imo  :wink:

I certainly hope you're right, Rich!!!  This wait is extremely painful!!!!!   :smile:

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I certainly hope you're right, Rich!!!  This wait is extremely painful!!!!!   :smile:

Saw a video developer mentioned he was using P3D version for personal use with this bird so makes sense it wont be to long  :wink: the Matt Davies developer interview video if interested 

Rich Sennett

Yes, I just uninstalled it because I initially installed both VC and 2D.  I have reinstalled with VC only and can confirm that the MCDU's and the LCD screens pop up as separate panels. 

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000