Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

FSL A320 now generally available

FSL A320 is shaping up to be an excellent model from what I'm reading so far. I'm looking forward to the first in depth reviews by operators of the real plane (as well as looking forward to the P3D version). 

Has anyone tried the plane using oculus rift googles? VR is simply an amazing technology. Once you try it there is no turning back to 2D screen. 

Cheers,

Hi! 

Thanks for the replies! 

@Skelsey and Ahsmatt7: thanks that is good to know. Of course I know taxes are always part of a price (as a citizen of The Netherlands with high tax rates we know all about it, haha!) but indeed in my country, 21% VAT is always included indeed so we see a final price. Here it is stated explicitly when it is excl. VAT. But also in my experience with most FS online sellers, including the 'big fish' such as Aerosoft, Just Flight, tax is included in the visible price, and it is clearly indicated (in the first case, it says explicitly 'incl. VAT' and in the latter you immediately see an end price as well, of which I now understood is not really meant to be). I guess I am used to this, which in my opinion seems very clear and transparent to the prospective buyer.

Simmarket actually asks you for your country as soon as you enter their site, so all prices are immediately shown correctly, so this would prevent having to list a whole list of prices for each country. But for me it would have been just enough for FSLabs to add '+your local VAT' to the price information (without of course stating all the different prices for countries). Just for clarity, as the user base is so international and so as to prevent these kind of 'surprises'.

Just my 2 cents!

Greetings

Lennard

Hi,

Just to make sure: I read everywhere that this Bus is supposed to cost 99,95$, but no one seems to mention that this is the price without taxes... After VAT is added, in my country 21%, the price is not at all 99,95$ but actually 120,94$. Despite the high quality of this product, which I am sure is definitely worth it, it seems a bit unpleasantly misleading to me that even on the FSLabs website it is not at all stated that taxes still have to be added to the mentioned price...It was a surprise for me which only showed up right before I wanted to confirm my credit card payment.

Best wishes

Lennard

In the USA no prices include tax. It is always added when you go checkout and pay. Unlike somewhere like UK where tax is already calculated into the sales price.

With that being said if FSL is collecting tax on the front end they must have an office in your country. Otherwise how are they going to forward the tax onto the government? Sales tax is just a pass through and the company needs a tax ID and file a corporate sales tax return for every place where it gathers tax from.

I have an online business and only collect tax from my state, Virginia. Then once a month I file a sales tax return with the state and send a bank payment for the sales tax which I have collected.

If someone buys from another state, say TX, and my business is not registered in that state I can not collect sales tax. So it is on the buyer to report the purchase on his annual tax return and then pay the sales tax directly to the state at that time. Obviously some states do not even have sales tax so this is not required.

Thanks for the replies. @Nyxx: I think pricing is not really offtopic, since the topic was about the general release and a question/remark on the associated pricing seems related to me....

I dont think I talked about pricing did I?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I dont think I talked about pricing did I?

Sorry Nyxx that was my mistake indeed, I only now saw the quote above your post! You were not referring to the pricing being offtopic which I thought you were. Just for the record, I removed that sentence out of my earlier post!

Best wishes 

Lennard

No problem  :smile:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Why would a promotional video include something that is not in the product download?

It is free to use with the a320 you just have to install it separate... No need to buy anything extra, it's really not a big deal

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Mark your using the FSX version of A320 right ?  texture loading ? what textures 

Ground textures and the aircraft textures.  I think I fixed it with a combination of reducing my settings and increasing my Frame Fibre Fraction from 0.10 to 0.15.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

With that being said if FSL is collecting tax on the front end they must have an office in your country. Otherwise how are they going to forward the tax onto the government?

Without being privy to the exact details, I suspect this is almost certainly why they are selling through Esellerate rather than their own website -- so that Esellerate can handle the tax issues.

The EU ruling regarding tax on online purchases was a major pain in the neck for small online retailers for exactly this reason -- they would either have to develop a sales front end that automatically calculated the correct tax and then deal with forwarding it on to the relevant government, or outsource the sales process to a big player like Esellerate to handle it for them (=cost), or block purchases from other countries somehow.

• Upvote 1

Lefteris and team:

first of all congratulations on your success with this amazing product. Well deserved.

Now: Andrew said that the P3D version was quickly to follow. Any statement about that? When can we expect progress on that edition?

• Upvote 1

Juan Ramos

Just a heads up for any potential buyers of the FSLabs A320, on both FSX and P3D.

The FSLabs A320 does NOT work with the current ENB mods, like SweetFX and Reshade. The A320 requires another FSLabs addon called Spotlights, and Spotlights will cause CTDs if SweetFX/Reshade is installed, as those ENB mods alter both D3D9.dll and DXGI.dll within your FSX root directory. Given how Spotlights work in the sim I have very little confidence that this problem is fixable, and this includes P3D.

Just for reference I've had Spotlights for almost a year? and use reshade in P3D and no problems here - so we'll see when the FSL320 is across.

Just a heads up for any potential buyers of the FSLabs A320, on both FSX and P3D.

The FSLabs A320 does NOT work with the current ENB mods, like SweetFX and Reshade. The A320 requires another FSLabs addon called Spotlights, and Spotlights will cause CTDs if SweetFX/Reshade is installed, as those ENB mods alter both D3D9.dll and DXGI.dll within your FSX root directory. Given how Spotlights work in the sim I have very little confidence that this problem is fixable, and this includes P3D.

This is actually incorrect. There are some compatibility issues with using older versions, but newer versions work just fine. If you have issues, please contact me directly and I'll assist you.

• Upvote 1

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Its worth the money. If you want an Airbus, buy it. You wont be disappointed. Simple! :D