Sign in to follow this  
Alex Kulak

Rumors about NGX V3

Now that would be cool, if the NGX could run off of its own process instead of inside the sim, Not only will it be customize able, it will be better performance all around to the sim. Then on that hand ACARS and other addons could be added into the NGX without having to be added int the sim, bring much more frames and better performance. Sounds impossible and lots of hard work. 

About the ACARS, it's just a case of integration between PMDG and FSCaptain ACARS.. That would be amazing...

About the ACARS, it's just a case of integration between PMDG and FSCaptain ACARS.. That would be amazing...

eeehh i would love acars to work with VAs and Vatsim together. eliminating the acars the VA has to put out for you, and vatsim for PDC and freqs. It would be widely used over the simulation community.

Everyone who comes through the Sim Center. There are a decent number of people building their own flight decks out there. Not a ton, but enough.

Pointless? The comment was about optimizing performance. One of the ways to optimize performance is to spread the load. In that regard bringing it up was exactly on point.

...or are you just being disagreeable to be disagreeable?

And people wonder why we're not in here all the time to provide updates...

"Hey - here's a mini update!"

"Not what we wanted."

"Okay...back to keeping my mouth shut then I guess..."

Nope, not at all... it was simply an observation based on having read a lot of threads of people asking for stuff and some being shot down because "it wouldn't draw enought interest and/or wouldn't be profitable"...

The comment was only partly about optimization, it was also about "adding Great stuff into it". This feature sounds wonderful from a technical point while at the same time something a negligible minority would be interested in simply from a resources availability point of view.

Still, I have been around long enough to know the house always wins here, so no sense in arguing, potatoe, potato...

Am I the only one who is excited about NGX V3 for X-Plane? :P

i think youre the only one running X-plane in this topic currently XD

• Upvote 4

i think youre the only one running X-plane in this topic currently XD

Nah - I use it, too.

Kyle Rodgers

for the NGX?

Nope - in general, and for the DC-6. When did we ever say the NGX was in a state to be used in XPL?

Kyle Rodgers

you never did but if i recall we are in a NGX forum topic, and that is what i ment as by using XPL. I hope you guys dont make the NGX for XPL or the MAX. 

you never did but if i recall we are in a NGX forum topic, and that is what i ment as by using XPL. I hope you guys dont make the NGX for XPL or the MAX. 

Never for X-plane ?? why?

Tom Stian Bjerk

Am I the only one who is excited about NGX V3 for X-Plane? :P

Nope! I cannot wait for the NGX V3 to be released for X-Plane! I've listened live to the stream where the V3 for X-Plane was announced by Robert and I was very happy to hear that! This will be a dream come true. I think this PMDG release is very much anticipated in the entire X-Plane community. I really hope the development goes smoothly and soon(ish) we can fly this bird in X-Plane. :smile:

My 2 Cents,

I consider PMDG products few notches above all the best competitors and I can't imagine flight simulation without PMDG planes. In addition the 737 NGX is my favorite.

I think I'm therefore entitled to express my opinion in this thread  :smile:

About the NGX V3 rumors, I know that PMDG has never produced planes which are not flying for real since few years at least.

I therefore ask to PMDG to produce a 787  :smile:  considering that Qualitywings after 7 years of fiddling is pretty much sinking the project. That's too much for them. 

Even if.......a marvellous brand new 737 NG Max would be perfect as well !!!

I think that a V3 version of the already glorious 737 NGX wouldn't sell well at all, to have a quite precise perception of what I mean you can fire up a poll asking who would purchase a 737 NGX V3, even if priced in the low range of $30-40, very few will do.

Cheers

considering that Qualitywings after 7 years of fiddling is pretty much sinking the project. That's too much for them. 

Do you have a source for that?

I think that a V3 version of the already glorious 737 NGX wouldn't sell well at all, to have a quite precise perception of what I mean you can fire up a poll asking who would purchase a 737 NGX V3, even if priced in the low range of $30-40, very few will do.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, I'm really curious to see PMDG X-Plane offering grow and wouldn't be too sad if there is the NGX there

And for P3D/FSX the addition of the smart cruise would make it appealing I'm sure. It will be down to the pricing vs offering (how much new things will be added) : I'd understand people not willing to pay for a NGX for the 3rd (!) time though.

• Upvote 1

Well, you could keep on trusting Qualitywings for the years to come, I can somehow understand you but facts tell that these 7 years so far have produced nothing but few screenshots and a short video. They never communicate with the public and the project is stuck on a cliff.

Just imagine a PMDG 787........or 737 NG Max.......

I think that X-Plane is a flop, considering it is a 64 bits quite new software it should have been a blockbuster, it is still around 15% of the flight simulation market AFAIK, too low to be considered a competitor IMO.

Same speech for the dovetail hopeless arcade stuff......I do not comment on them.

I think a poll would output interesting numbers and I bet an NGX V3 would be bought from 15-20% of NGX owners and from few new customers, just a few.

I for one would buy an updated NGX with out a secound thought, (FSX), just for the smart time compress function and ACARS flight plan and winds aloft loading such as the T7 came with!

Vic green