Sign in to follow this  
Alex Kulak

Rumors about NGX V3

Well, I'd pay for the -900ER version. Really want that one.

Eric 

Such as?

The 777 FMC flight plans could auto load directly to FSX ATC,

The refueling/ turn around feature of the 777 is very good. If possible improve it to simulate pax loading within a given time and ZFW.

Active sky weather request

Ability to create advanced waypoints. 

These are just a few things I hope they include in the NGX V3 FMC.

Ability to create advanced waypoints.

What are these?

Custom waypoints in the B737 are standard feature. See FCOM pages 11.31.19-.20

There are few that the B777 does not in the FMC version software modeled in the PMDG but that's a function of the software version rather than the type airframe.

Dan Downs KCRP

I think custom waypoints is a better term to use.

I believe those are PBD waypoints which can be created in the current NGX. However in the NGX you can't make a PBD waypoint based upon a PBD waypoint. It can be done in the T7. CARIR/007/5 becomes PBD01 when enter into the route. But you can't use PBD01 to make another PBD such as PBD01/252/8. The CDU returns a message Not In Database. In the T7 the new waypoint would become PBD02.

Isn't officially announced. It was simply an acknowledgement in the livestream that is linked in the first post. As I mentioned in my earlier post, the 737 product will need some code changes in order to get it to work in the full flight deck sim we're building for it down the line, so it's going to get work at some point.

The depth, project name, and so on, have not been discussed as we have a number of other things on our plates now.

Haha dont mind him he stinks of newbie  :Tounge: ! Us forum veterans always knew hehe. Apart from  updating the NGX tech,might we see scimtar winglets or the ER versions of the -700 and -900 hint hint ?

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Haha dont mind him he stinks of newbie  :Tounge: ! Us forum veterans always knew hehe. Apart from  updating the NGX tech,might we see scimtar winglets or the ER versions of the -700 and -900 hint hint ?

& MAX? Since we are asking.

Mike Keigley

& MAX? Since we are asking.

Actually the 700ER and 900ER has been asked for since 2013 as well as an update to the tech. The scimtars are the only new thing the forum is asking for but doubtful for the MAX. Until it becomes active in real life and Boeing gives PMDG the data, it wont happen

Flying Tigers Group

Guys the MAX will not be released as V3. I dont even think they should release a NGX V3 unless they some ow make it supper optimized and add great stuff into it. For Split scimitars and recoding for a simulator Nit many of us can afford, should not be released as V3. It would be cool if PMDG could do the 75, 76,78, and out of the blue and a good erj 145 plane lol 

I dont even think they should release a NGX V3 unless they some ow make it supper optimized and add great stuff into it.

Like the ability to run it on a local network of computers for distributed processing, and integrate seamlessly into a lot of the hardware out there?

Kyle Rodgers

Like the ability to run it on a local network of computers for distributed processing, and integrate seamlessly into a lot of the hardware out there?

Does the hardware come with split scimitars?

On a serious note, though, not all of these new features will be used by everyone of us, but if these new features mean PMDG's ongoing development of the NGX range, then it bodes well for those of who are particularly fond of the 737, as it opens the possibility that in the future, the features talked about here, and which would satisfy the wants of many others, may well be added.

Whether that is in the form of an update or an entirely new version is besides the point for me, as I am just happy to see future developments in the pipeline for the 737.

• Upvote 1

How many people have and will use "a local network of computers for distributed processing"...? Ten..?

Would make for a hell oa nice tech demo, but when on other topics there is talk about developing things that people would actually be interested in / would sell, it kinda seems pointless to bring that up...

Just my 2 cents...

How many people have and will use "a local network of computers for distributed processing"...? Ten..?

Everyone who comes through the Sim Center. There are a decent number of people building their own flight decks out there. Not a ton, but enough.

Would make for a hell oa nice tech demo, but when on other topics there is talk about developing things that people would actually be interested in / would sell, it kinda seems pointless to bring that up...

Pointless? The comment was about optimizing performance. One of the ways to optimize performance is to spread the load. In that regard bringing it up was exactly on point.

...or are you just being disagreeable to be disagreeable?

And people wonder why we're not in here all the time to provide updates...

"Hey - here's a mini update!"

"Not what we wanted."

"Okay...back to keeping my mouth shut then I guess..."

Kyle Rodgers

Now that would be cool, if the NGX could run off of its own process instead of inside the sim, Not only will it be customize able, it will be better performance all around to the sim. Then on that hand ACARS and other addons could be added into the NGX without having to be added int the sim, bring much more frames and better performance. Sounds impossible and lots of hard work.