Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

Steve

What do you mean by this everyone seems to run 5m?

About meshes: One thing to look out for is to not set your mesh below 10m, this can cause problems of blurred terrain and possibly other effects

Joe

With high res meshes the resources run out for that increased number of points closer to the viewpoint.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Okay... finally...   P3D v3.4.9 is finally stable and the OOMs have stopped.  I found the culprit.   UTX 2.1 USA.   I was running with all the vector roads and railways on for the most part.   I removed GEX P3D and went back to FTX Global and picked up HD Trees and LC North America to boot.    I have disabled all roads and rails in UTX 2.1 and left everything else on and now I am booting in with about 1.2gigs of VAS remaining in the PMDG 737NGX.   Just did a flight from ImagineSims KAUS to FB's KDEN with Very Dense everything, a 4.5 LOD and 1k textures with AS16 + ASCA and made it all the way there with 50 AI planes active at any one time with 450megs to spare!   :)   I am happy once more.

SteveW, a question for you.   This is something I don't understand.   

I have a 3930k 6-Core with HT OFF OC @ 4.6ghz.   I don't run with any affinity mask.  This is what my cores look like:

P3D-NoAM.JPG

When I go into Process Explorer and tell P3D to not use the last two cores (AM=15 equivalent I think?) this is what the graph looks like for the rest of the flight.

P3D-AM15Equivelent.JPG

I left part of the NO AM on the graphi so you can see the difference.    This makes all 4 of the remaining cores P3D is using smooth themselves out and pretty much run equally for the entire flight while taking a drastic load off of Core 0, or so it looks.    If I actually put the Affinity Mask in the CFG with a 15 value I get 4 cores only but they graph looks like the first one above with all 6 cores runnings and no AM only the last 2 cores are pretty much asleep???

So how come when I manually change the AM while the sim is running do the 4 cores even out but if I start up with an AM in the CFG I get pretty much the same graph that I would get with no AM but with 2 less cores operating for P3D?   

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

When you start with no AM look at your graph, shows the main worker process on core zero, core one has a little less work than cores 2,3,4 and 5. This is because the sim starts six worker process, one per core. When you disable cores on such an application like this, threads on those cores are moved by the jobscheduler onto the remaining cores with least work going on.

I've said many times before you can disable cores on these types of app but it's not helping. It's better to start the sim with only the four cores you really want allocated for the sim in the AM. AM=15=001111 so the sim starts worker processes on cores 0,1,2 and 3, and cores 4 and 5 are not touched.

See Gerard and compare notes, I hope he won't mind. He uses HT Enabled and AM=340. This was the best performing setup I have found on the six core with careful testing on a professional test harness owned by my company and developed by myself. After a lot of work Gerard assures me it's the best he can get too. We tried a lot of stuff with Gerard so I'm sure he's right about this. If you don't want to enable HT try AM=30=011110.

If you don't want to enable HT try AM=30=011110.

This worked great.  Thanks for the suggestion.   No FPS gain of course but the smoothness and stutter free flight I had from Flightbeam KDEN to Aerosoft's KSMF is the best I've ever had.   I used Process Lasso to get Active Sky 2016 and all the other programs off of those 4 cores on and to cores 0 and 5 and the flight was smooth.  Not one hiccup.

• Upvote 1

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Hey guys!

I have ran into an interesting fact about P3D 3.4 VAS issues..

On my system I don't get any OOM unless I park my aircraft for a while and then start flying.

If I park it for around an hour or so and then go flying, incredibly P3D starts consuming VAS memory, not even being used..

I wonder if that's a bug from P3D or what.

Happens only when I am parked at whichever airport and it starts eating up memory. After that the sim goes downhill giving OOM if you don't close it and restart P3D again.

Anyways, I am looking on how to fix it. I have tried lowering settings but problem persists..

This didn't happen with 3.2...  :fool:

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hey guys!

I have ran into an interesting fact about P3D 3.4 VAS issues..

On my system I don't get any OOM unless I park my aircraft for a while and then start flying.

If I park it for around an hour or so and then go flying, incredibly P3D starts consuming VAS memory, not even being used..

I wonder if that's a bug from P3D or what.

Happens only when I am parked at whichever airport and it starts eating up memory. After that the sim goes downhill giving OOM if you don't close it and restart P3D again.

Anyways, I am looking on how to fix it. I have tried lowering settings but problem persists..

This didn't happen with 3.2...  :fool:

I have spent almost one hour on the ground at Aerosoft EGLL this morning in the PMDG T7, on Vatsim, with a lot of people connected, and residual VAS remained stable for the entire hour at 1300 Mb, then dropped at 1150 upon departure and for most of my 10 hours flight to ImagineSim KAUS it remained stable at around 1150 Mb, dropping to 750 Mb when I landed.

I am one of the lucky guys not suffering from OOM in 3.4 but as you can see from the posts in this thread there is a lot of different experiences on this subject and everyone has a different story to tell and finding the solution is really hard...

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

This worked great.  Thanks for the suggestion.   No FPS gain of course but the smoothness and stutter free flight I had from Flightbeam KDEN to Aerosoft's KSMF is the best I've ever had.   I used Process Lasso to get Active Sky 2016 and all the other programs off of those 4 cores on and to cores 0 and 5 and the flight was smooth.  Not one hiccup.

Good work Brian.

...Try disabling car traffic (set to 0%). At least it helped for me...no OOM since then,

Thomas

...Try disabling car traffic (set to 0%). At least it helped for me...no OOM since then,

Thomas

Already did, however, usually I fly the Eaglesoft Citation X which is the one causing this. Now I tried flying the PMDG 777 from Miami to Sao Paulo even with the sim paused before reaching TOD for about an hour and I had not VAS issues.

I wonder if the Citation X is the culprit.... strange...

Thanks anyways!

Teo

Teofilo Homsany

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Already did, however, usually I fly the Eaglesoft Citation X which is the one causing this. Now I tried flying the PMDG 777 from Miami to Sao Paulo even with the sim paused before reaching TOD for about an hour and I had not VAS issues.

I wonder if the Citation X is the culprit.... strange...

Thanks anyways!

Teo

I had the same with A2A's C182T in FTX SCA

Dirk.

Hi everybody,

I tried a flight today from EKCH (FT) ti KCLT (IS), with FSX Global mesh desactivated and the FSX Global Ultimte mesh  Europe and America activated.

What a good surprise : 1.1 Go VA free at EKCH and 800 Mo VAS free at KCLT... about 600 Mo more then with FSX GLoabl mesh activated.

kind regards

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Sounds like some people might have a corrupted mesh or something conflicting.  600MB is more VAS usage than I would expect from a mesh.  I've only ever used PILOT's FTX Global Edition mesh (or default mesh) which I believe got updated for P3D V3.x (or maybe it was just the installer that got updated).

Cheers, Rob.

Pretty strange that I'm getting lower fps on v3.4.14 than in v3.2, same situation, same addons. Sitting on T2G EDDM runway 26R using Bonanza, ~80fps in v3.2 and 65 in v3.4.14. Not sure why is this happening, freshly installed sim (uninstalled v3.2 then installed latest from the scratch). Just the fact that fps is lower by 20$ is driving me nuts and I will consider rolling back to v3.2 in a blink of an eye.

Any ideas guys?

Highly appreciated!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Are you sure that your graphics settings are absolutely identical between the two versions?

Yes, of course. I'm using the same settings profile from v3.2, and additionally checked the settings as I know them like the bottom of my pocket. :)

EDIT:

forget aobut fps, found the culprit! It was a different weather theme with far more clouds.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.