Hi styggron,

I'm also a big fan of LNM and Alex's work.

In the next release you will be able to create a flight plan from a "route string" as per you post " ... With onlineflightplanner.org if you are flying an airliner, that works out all the jetways and waypoints, eg: EGPE SID FINDO UL613 TLA etc" . Simply copy this string from any online flight planner and LNM will decode it to create the flight plan.

​I'm using this all the time in the beta I'm testing and it works well.

Kind regards,

Sounds brilliant.

Personally for me the dockable main map and approach calculations for GA are the main things for me :) For for example much like the GPS lists approaches, when LNV has this as well...... WOW

I adore the software. It's just so brilliant !

I know Alex is planning some excellent functionality around the ability to enter approaches and have them included in the flight plan and drawn on the map. This will also allow them to be changed "on the fly" in the event ATC assigns a new approach than the one that was planned.

Due to the amount of work this will most likely be after the next release of LNM.

Hi Styggron,

thank you for the rave, all that positive feedback! :smile:

Regarding the map window: The programming library I'm using (Qt) has some limitations regarding this. You can not put a dock window in the center.

I'm already running out of space for dock windows so I would have to squeeze the map into the border. Not so good.

Maybe I can allow a second map view in a future release but for now it is all centered around the map.

If it helps: You can already detach the toolbars and move them around to another screen like the dock windows.

Regarding the user waypoints: I planned to allow name changes to these in this next release 1.2 but I'm not sure if I can make it.

Thank you for the promotion, I like the video a lot.

Alex

Will this app work for X-Plane users?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Will this app work for X-Plane users?

Aaron, you beat me by a second. Alex, if you could look into it please. You may have noticed a little bit of an increased interest in X-Plane these days. 

Hans

Hi Styggron,

thank you for the rave, all that positive feedback! :smile:

Regarding the map window: The programming library I'm using (Qt) has some limitations regarding this. You can not put a dock window in the center.

I'm already running out of space for dock windows so I would have to squeeze the map into the border. Not so good.

Maybe I can allow a second map view in a future release but for now it is all centered around the map.

If it helps: You can already detach the toolbars and move them around to another screen like the dock windows.

Regarding the user waypoints: I planned to allow name changes to these in this next release 1.2 but I'm not sure if I can make it.

Thank you for the promotion, I like the video a lot.

Alex

Hello Alex,

Thank *you* for an AMAZING product. I have several viewers now using littlenav map. I use it almost every stream and always give it a quick demo for new users. I think everyone needs to know about it because it is THAT good so every chance I get I tell people.

Thank you so much for your amazing work.

I think the reason I was asking about the map is to have a nice small window I can drag onto the stream page whilst having all the main information on another monitor. Of coure it is still possible. I can undock all the info pages, keep them on another monitor, set up the main program so only the map is showing and we have the same thing practically.

:)

Aaron, you beat me by a second. Alex, if you could look into it please. You may have noticed a little bit of an increased interest in X-Plane these days. 

Aaron and Hans,

yes I thought about X-Plane and even FlightGear already from the beginning. Even more since X-Plane is getting more and more interesting for me too.

But before that happens the AIRAC cycles have to be supported. That is already half the way to X-Plane.

Hello Alex,

Thank *you* for an AMAZING product. I have several viewers now using littlenav map. I use it almost every stream and always give it a quick demo for new users. I think everyone needs to know about it because it is THAT good so every chance I get I tell people.

Thank you so much for your amazing work.

I think the reason I was asking about the map is to have a nice small window I can drag onto the stream page whilst having all the main information on another monitor. Of coure it is still possible. I can undock all the info pages, keep them on another monitor, set up the main program so only the map is showing and we have the same thing practically.

:)

Styggron, really glad you like it. Maybe I find a solution for that map limitation. Sometimes I have an idea when my brain is constantly breeding. :smile:

Alex

Love this programme. Really hanging out for the next version so that I can import flight plans into the GTN750. Hopefully not too long now.

All credit to Alex, amazing.

• Upvote 1

Alex,

A quick post to say Thank You; what an amazing App. Just what FSX always needed.

I love the way imported Flight Plans from other sources show Waypoints in Red when not in the FSX database. As well as a hundred other things.

Well done. This app is a real credit to you and an amazing gift for the flight sim community - a rare treat.

With best wishes,

Ganter

I have read it now a few times in this topic, but do I get it right?... You plan a function where we can export a flightplan into the Flight1 GTN? This would be so much wow!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Ah thanks! :-)

I think I have overseen this! Keep up this awesome work!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Does this mean it will work with any GTN addon whether its from RealityXP or Flight1 since they both use the same Garmin Trainer app? Will it also work for X-Plane 10/11 as well?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU