Danny,

that is a very special request.:smile:

I'm not sure if I can get these fires from the simulator using SimConnect. Depends on Firefighter X and how they add these.

I added a ticket for it.

Alex

Alex:

No big deal.  Just a thought.  I know you have many other feature requests more inline with general aviation.  

Regards,

Danny

Danny

It is looking great Alex and working well!

2 of my friends and I fly multiplayer often now and LNM is an indispensable part of the experience from both a planning and moving map perspective.

I know how much work you have put into this (for free) and I think the community owes you a huge vote of thanks.

• Upvote 2

Hi just got Little Navmap and it looked great, ran it first time and ok even done the data base but then tried to create a shortcut for it and even trying both exe files could not get it to run as kept coming up my computer is missing files. Ok if I downloaded it again and ran it but then the same thing happens. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Derek.

Ok it's sorted. I blame it on my age, I was only trying to create a shortcut from the downloaded part instead of where it was installed. All running now and it looks fantastic. Thanks Derek.

Hi Paul,

glad you enjoy it and thank you for the kind words. I think you can consider the basics covered in the next version with all the procedure and airspace stuff. Should be good enough for IFR and airliner flying.

Derek:

good it is solved. Hope you like the program.

All the best,

Alex

Loving this utility. Dont fly without it now.  There is nothing little  about little navmap except that its little on resources and easy to setup. The features are indispensable to flying as moving map and getting all kinds of other info. Alot easier taxiing around the airport too. Thanks so much Alex. Fantastic work. 

Small feature request. I looked through the thread quickly  but didnt find it mention. Is there anyway this can be connected online, so that if you have to step out and your in cruise, you can check online say on the phone to see the status of flight? A way of checking with my FO to see hes alert. ;)

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Barry: Got it. answered. Thank you.

Dave: 

thank you for the praise. 

You could open a port in your firewall or router that allows connections from the internet to Little Navconnect running on the flying computer. That way you could follow your flight from remote using Little Navmap. But for that you need a remote computer running windows (desktop, notebook, tablet). It wouldn't work on a smartphone.

I can add a small web server into my program which could provide all this information in a web browser. As usual: don't ask when. :smile:

Alex

37 minutes ago, albar965 said:

Barry: Got it. answered. Thank you.

Dave: 

thank you for the praise. 

You could open a port in your firewall or router that allows connections from the internet to Little Navconnect running on the flying computer. That way you could follow your flight from remote using Little Navmap. But for that you need a remote computer running windows (desktop, notebook, tablet). It wouldn't work on a smartphone.

I can add a small web server into my program which could provide all this information in a web browser. As usual: don't ask when. :smile:

Alex

Great , thanks for the info. You do when able and if the others would request it . Dont do it on my account. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

No worries, Dave.

There are several criteria how I decide if and when to add a feature:

1. Many people ask for it.
  2. It can be done in very short time.
  3. I need it for my own flying.
  4. I'm technically interesting in it.

Two and three can be reasons why apparently useless stuff is being added. :smile:

Your request is category four. I'm interested in networking stuff. :smile:

Alex

Alex,

i have your S/W installed on my system.....and it is a great tool for VFR flight.

it has been mentioned you plan to add SIDS and STARS, and Approaches in the future? 

If so, will you support both Navigraph and NavDataPro databases?

This would be great as I fly PMDG equipment and use PFPX as my primary planner and would like to use Little Nav Map as the EFB flight follower?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Hi Bill,

SIDs and STARs are already added in the current development version and will go into the next release of the 1.4. See the screenshots a few posts back.

Limitations are:

• You either get only the FSX/P3D approaches and transitions from add-on airports or plain old stock data - no SID and no STAR. 
  • Alternatively you can update your navdata with fsAerodata (or another navdata update) to get the latest procedures, SID, STAR and other updates into your simulator - not only Little Navmap.

Support for Navigraph depends entirely on them. I contacted them and after a friendly e-mail exchange they stopped replying to my e-mails. No idea why.

I'm also about to contact Aerosoft and will ask for their NavDataPro database.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Well it is good news you have plans for SID's, STAR's, and approaches.

I've been testing Pilot2ATC, and like LittleNav Map, Pilot2ATC has been having the same issue as you have with Navigraph. It starts off with a request from the developer, and the developer gets a response back, and then Navigraph seems to drop out of sight. If you look on Navigraph's website, there is a thread about the lack of action/support for Pilot2ATC. I joined that thread to provide encouragement for Pilot2ATC.....I need to go back to remind them again to support Pilot2ATC.

Maybe the users of LittleNav Map need to start a thread on Navigraph to encourage them to support your product? These databases are essential for flying airliners.

One more important item. I have used both Navigraph and NavDataPro, and one of the major differences, is that Navigraph seems to provide more RNAV approaches in the USA than NavDataPro. Both are good sources, however, one is more USA centric, and the other more European.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

On 4/30/2017 at 6:14 AM, albar965 said:

Support for Navigraph depends entirely on them. I contacted them and after a friendly e-mail exchange they stopped replying to my e-mails. No idea why.

It is better to have an "official" format from Navigraph, mostly because the AIRACs get updated automatically via their FMS Manager and also the developer (you) can specify a unique file format. But why not just use a standard format like PMDG? Just look over all the formats and see which one best suits your needs. I would probably use the Level D Navdata, since it is in XML.