Klaus, I believe your GTN flight plans are in your FSX root directory. Mine is  FSX/F1GTN/FPL/.gfp

I will have a look again!

remember when using the GTN-750 any flight plans you install
will never save to GFP or any other file on your hard drive

But then it is impossible to load a GFP flightplan created from little navmap?

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

"But then it is impossible to load a GFP flightplan created from little navmap?"No, i don't think that is correct. I just made a flight plan in Littlenavmap and saved it as .gfp. I saved it to my FSX/F1GTN/FPL folder, and this is on a networked PC. Fired up FSX/GTN750 and was able to load the FP that was made in Littlenavmap....It works:)....let me know how it goes

I'll add a "Reset View" function to the next version and explain this better in the manual.

Alex,

A Reset to restore the default windows is a great idea -- thanks.

Al

"But then it is impossible to load a GFP flightplan created from little navmap?"No, i don't think that is correct. I just made a flight plan in Littlenavmap and saved it as .gfp. I saved it to my FSX/F1GTN/FPL folder, and this is on a networked PC. Fired up FSX/GTN750 and was able to load the FP that was made in Littlenavmap....It works:)....let me know how it goes

Of course. The GTN 750 can read GFP files, it just doesn't have the ability to export anything in its flight plan  catalog as GPF.

Reading of flight plans does work. I don't have a GTN but Paul tested this a lot.

One of the testers had problems because he installed P3D in "C:\Program Files" and Windows hid the file from the GTN until he gave himself full access to the FPL folder.

What if you reinstall the GTN?

Alex

Reading of flight plans does work. I don't have a GTN but Paul tested this a lot.

One of the testers had problems because he installed P3D in "C:\Program Files" and Windows hid the file from the GTN until he gave himself full access to the FPL folder.

Alex

It definitely works fine. I use it all the time.

Alex

I found time to reinstall the whole thing. Now I have the FPL folder (I think I just had an older version of the GTN installed)

But I am still not able to load the flightplan. I save it as GFP in the FPL folder - inside the sim I go to "Flightplan" and here I go to the "Catalogue" - but this is empty

Should it be here? Maybe I search in the wrong place?

Or do I have to name the flightplan in a special way? I always use, for example "LOWW-EDDM"

Thanks!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Klaus, as long as you have the .gfp in the right folder you need to do this. On the GTN750 menu go to Flightplan/ then push Menu/then push Catalog/then push Menu again/then push import choose the FP you want and activate , 

Bob McDuff

I found time to reinstall the whole thing. Now I have the FPL folder (I think I just had an older version of the GTN installed)

But I am still not able to load the flightplan. I save it as GFP in the FPL folder - inside the sim I go to "Flightplan" and here I go to the "Catalogue" - but this is empty

Should it be here? Maybe I search in the wrong place?

Or do I have to name the flightplan in a special way? I always use, for example "LOWW-EDDM"

Thanks!

Hi,

When you say "inside the sim" I'm assuming you are talking about inside the GTN 750. You need to load the gfp file inside the GTN from the Flight Plan menu (on the GTN home screen). Suggest you read the documentation that comes with the GTN 750 as shows the options you need to choose to load the flight plan and also how to edit it if your need to remove a locked waypoint. You can't activate the plan if it has a locked waypoint.

Hi Alex,

When building a flight plan in LNM using the "Add to Flight Plan" option of the Search window, the added location is not always appended to the end of the existing list in the Flight Plan window. Instead, the added location seems to be inserted randomly in the existing list. As a result, you then have to use the "Move selected Legs Down" option in the Flight Plan window.

Thx,

Al

Al,

"Add to Flight Plan" adds the point to the nearest leg, the end or the start of the route, whatever is next.

The best way to build flight plans manually from scratch is to set departure and destination first and then add the navaids to the direct connection.

Alex

"Add to Flight Plan" adds the point to the nearest leg, the end or the start of the route, whatever is next.

Alex,

Thanks for the response.

With the folks I fly with, FPs are often built "on the fly" (pun!). That is, fly from airport A to airport B, once at B then decide on (add in) airport C (perhaps based on the type of wx), once at C then decide on and add in airport D, etc. So the final destination is never really known, and the airport added could be anywhere in relation to the legs already flown. 

Al

Maybe I can add a mode that only appends to the end of the flight plan. Have to see how much effort this is.

Alex

Understand, thanks Alex.

Al

I don't know if this is already built in but I usually turn off/on scenery areas when I fly. Specifically for airport layouts I find that Little NavMap needs to rebuild the database every time to have the full set of addon sceneries being in the database. If the scenery is deactivated then the program displays only the default airport. Am I missing something?

Ideally there would be one database which would be built by activating the entire scenery library and compiling it. That database should not change with the current scenery library in use. So next time I fly the program continues to display the full database even if the airport is not active in the scenery library.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"