Seems to me like they're in a pickle.

Latest from the web host:

-------------------------

Created: 17 January 2017, 13:25
Last Updated: 17 January 2017, 18:19

Some customer websites are currently not working. Our system engineers have identified the problem and are working on rectifying the issue.

The team have restored service to some sites and are working to complete for the remaining sites, we expect all sites to be fully online and operational by the end of the day. All websites will return to normal working status, no content has been lost.

We will keep this status page updated with further information.

123 Reg is very sorry for the downtime and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Update : our teams are continuing work on bringing the remaining sites back online.
Update : we expect the majority of the remaining sites to be online by 18:30 and will continue working until all sites are online.
Update : fixes are continuing to roll-out and more sites are online, we are still working towards the 18:30 time for the majority of sites though some will take longer.
Update : fixes are continuing, but we have experienced issues which are delaying some of the bulk fixes for the 18:30 deadline. However, the team will continue working throughout the evening and into the night until all sites are back online.

---------------------

Pickle, is that another word for complete balls up? :smile:

The very strange thing is, is that my Swedish mate can join and leave the Digital Theme Park server at will. He still can, as I type. Weird or what?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

An anomaly. While both of us were flying straight and level, we both appeared to be banking right. When we were banking left we were, guess what, yup, straight and level. As both of our heads were done in we called it a day and put it down to the server not having gathered up it's you-know-what. 

We'll see what tomorrow brings. :smile: 

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi Ron,

I would check the settings in JoinFS and make sure you don't have ATC Mode enabled as this also causes the AI to switch on and that can cause these kinds of problems.

If that's not it, then check the aircraft list and make sure that your wind data is the same. If it isn't then you can all copy the weather from one person.

Hope that helps,

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for putting the Join drop down list feature back -- very handy!

Al

On 28/02/2017 at 0:41 AM, lv-lbz said:

You can  Shared Cockpits in JoinFS?

You can already share your cockpit to unlimited passengers.

In the next version, you can share the cockpit controls in three categories, surface, engines and other, which allows for a multi-role shared cockpit.

Peter

1.  Ref v1.1.16.  I wish new updates would specify in the change log if it is compatible with previous versions.  v .16 appears to be downward compatible with v .15. 

2.  Also, no "Users - " appear in my JoinFS window.  This used to appear above the "Create" button.   Is it possible this is hiding behind the "Auto Join" button?

3.  Peter, thanks for a great product.  We use it every Tuesday night with P3D.

Frank

Hi Frank,

1. Good idea. I'll start adding that to the log.

2. I decided to remove as much clutter as possible from the main window with the aim of making it much more obvious and easy to use especially for new users. So the recorder buttons are no longer there because they are on the View|Recorder window. And the user information is on the View|Users window (actually I forgot to add the number of users to the bottom of that window, but it will be in the next version). Having said that, actually I might try putting it back on the main window tucked away in the bottom right of the status bar.

3. Great! I was in an 12 pilot / 5 ATC session yesterday and it was just a simple click or two for everyone to get connected for a two hour flying session, no issues. Must be doing something right.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I really prefer a user count in the main window because it is a instant way to tell if everyone is connected.  All it takes is a glance at the window to get the user count.  No fuss, no muss.  

Of course you have to understand our group is only 5-6 people so it is obvious when someone is missing.  For larger groups, the user count would not be of much use on the main page.  It might be nice to have a selection in the Settings page to display the count on the main page as a choice.  That would clean it up for those who don't want or need it but yet let guys who use it have it displayed. 

Again, thanks for such a terrific piece of software. 

Frank

I would like to pass on my appreciation to the developer of this excellent piece of software.

Has saved lots of frustration with the traditional multiplayer for our group of fliers.

I like it so much I'm planning to donate soon!

On Thursday, October 06, 2016 at 6:32 AM, briansommers said:

What is the server URL? Or isn't there one

Curious too.

spacer.png