Sign in to follow this  
pcsimulators

orbx - fsx to prepar3d - do i have to re-install orbx?

I have just got prepar 3d v3 and have ftx orbx for fsx steam , do i have to re-install the orbx products to work with prepar 3d?

Most definitely. You will need to install as if a completely new simulator, which it is. Not sure if ORBX FTX Steam version is even compatible, quite possibly not. Also not sure about licensing. You might need to repurchase P3D version.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Yes, you do have to reinstall. No, you do not have to repurchase. All Orbx installers are good for all sim platforms.

Reinstall FTX Global and Vector. Then add the entries from your existing scenery.cfg. Don't forget to update Orbx Libraries afterwards. Then run FTX Central check that everything is there and to run Vector configuration tool.

Then add the entries from your existing scenery.cfg. 

a rather strange advice, NOT to be followed... If you do it the proper way with the installers purchased at FSS, you certainly not have to manipulate the scenery.cfg.

I have just got prepar 3d v3 and have ftx orbx for fsx steam , do i have to re-install the orbx products to work with prepar 3d?

You need to reinstall everything. Check that your sceneries are the last version. They then should have a P3D3 installer.  If not, go to your FSS account and redownload the installers. OrbX makes it free to move to P3D. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Reinstall FTX Global and Vector. Then add the entries from your existing scenery.cfg. Don't forget to update Orbx Libraries afterwards. Then run FTX Central check that everything is there and to run Vector configuration tool.

It was a suggestion to avoild needless hours of reinstalling software.The existing scenery.cfg entries in FSX should already contain the relevant location of the software that you have already installed and should be able to be copied to the scenery.cfg in P3D. This worked worked for me in installs of new versions of P3D (e.g P3DV2 to P3DV3) but I've not done this from FSX to P3D though.

All of the steps shown are necessary.

P3Dv3 versions of the OrbX sceneries have been adapted to this sim rendering engine which differs from FSX for some features. You need to rerun the installers.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

you also need to run the Libs of course and set the insertion points in FTX.

Dominique

Why not ask this over at the Orbx Forum?  True, you need to join the forum to get support and you need an order number to identify you as a customer but I have found the support to be pretty good over there.

You will get good advice here, as well as opinions and a little bad advice...., just my opinion.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have found the support to be pretty good over there

Dan,

I have seen you drift in and out of there from time to time. :smile: 

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Why not ask this over at the Orbx Forum?  True, you need to join the forum to get support and you need an order number to identify you as a customer but I have found the support to be pretty good over there.

You will get good advice here, as well as opinions and a little bad advice...., just my opinion.

Excellent recommendation !

Dominique