Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Which Zurich FSDT or Aerosoft?

Funny how I never mentioned personal experience with Aerosoft Support, yet you felt it necessary to put words in my mouth.  On top of that, what I wrote was supposed to be sarcastic comedy and yet again, you took every single letter literally.

Anyways, anyone else have something constructive to talk about?

Yes I have please be so kind to leave the bickering gentlemen, and on topic since the latest update I like the Aerosoft one :-)

Regarding coverage they are about the same FSDT and Aerosoft.

Aerosoft overall more up to date only lacking in moving gates which i find rather odd.

André

FSDT has much better detail and with the GSX functionality, it is a worthy add-on.  I once subscribed to Aerosoft's credits for AES, but found it expensive.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I'm also looking at getting one of the Zurich addons but as I rarely if ever have a need for customer support I'm more interested in which one is actually currently better. GSX should work fine in the Aerosoft variant as it doesn't care who made the airport.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I'm also looking at getting one of the Zurich addons but as I rarely if ever have a need for customer support I'm more interested in which one is actually currently better. GSX should work fine in the Aerosoft variant as it doesn't care who made the airport.

Correct Dave however FSDT is using SODE in combination with GSX on there latest airports.

Didn't see an update for LSZH regarding SODE integration.

As for the differences:

Aerosoft higher detail and more up to date however VAS heavy (you could install SD textures instead of HD) and no moving gates. Option for cross runway operations.

FSDT lighter on VAS and moving gates and less textures resolution.

André

Carefully read my post again.  I wasn't bashing UK2000, actually, just the opposite.

There is nothing in your post to read into. Where did you take it from I assumed you were bashing? I thought you were unaware or, say, ignorant of the fact UK2000 airports had been updated to P3Dv3 standards.

Dirk.

Thank's André, much appreciated!

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

As for the differences:

Aerosoft higher detail and more up to date however VAS heavy (you could install SD textures instead of HD) and no moving gates. Option for cross runway operations.

FSDT lighter on VAS and moving gates and less textures resolution.

VAS is no factor in my case as by the time I approach London area and UK2000's EGLL it starts building up from the comfort zone to a much more serious level than it was in LSZH anyway.

I don't like FSDT's autumn textures as I've mentioned already, they just don't blend in well with FTXGlobal/Vector/OLCEU surroundings.  

Dirk.

Funny how I never mentioned personal experience with Aerosoft Support, yet you felt it necessary to put words in my mouth. On top of that, what I wrote was supposed to be sarcastic comedy and yet again, you took every single letter literally.

Anyways, anyone else have something constructive to talk about?

I didn't put any words in your mouth but your own. I guess you just go by what you hear and not your personal experience.

Sorry I don't have anything else to add that's as constructive as your shrimp comment or as relevant to the OT as uk2000...

To the OP, if you alrrady have them both, just try each out and comoare, any reason why you don't?

To the OP, if you alrrady have them both, just try each out and comoare, any reason why you don't?

I have already as mentioned above, they are both installed...

Cheers,

Dirk. 

There is nothing in your post to read into. Where did you take it from I assumed you were bashing? I thought you were unaware or, say, ignorant of the fact UK2000 airports had been updated to P3Dv3 standards.

Dirk.

I can be a lot of things, but ignorant isn't one them.  You may want to choose your words wisely next time.  

I stated, and now for the record that I ENJOY UK2000's airports, because they are lightweight, provide decent detail and are not detrimental to the sim.  If issues arise, Gary is very quick to address and respond.  I only wish there were more developers that pay that kind of attention, instead of getting snarky comments back at the users, eluding that the users did something wrong or the other well known stance that "Our products do not produce issues and are working perfectly fine on our end".

When I said that i had regret, it was due to the fact that I have gotten away from P3D, and having UK2000 airports at my disposal was a big plus for me.

Hopefully that clears things up.

I didn't put any words in your mouth but your own. I guess you just go by what you hear and not your personal experience.

Sorry I don't have anything else to add that's as constructive as your shrimp comment or as relevant to the OT as uk2000...

Sigh...

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I can be a lot of things, but ignorant isn't one them.  You may want to choose your words wisely next time.  

No worries, actually it's rather me who is ignorant...of the English language, that is not my language.   :smile:

Guys, do you see those bright rusty patches between and around runways in FSDT's Zurich in autumn?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Sigh...

Thanks for enlightening me on how to add a constructive post (or at least on how to get you post count up I guess..).

FSDT has much better detail and with the GSX functionality, it is a worthy add-on.  I once subscribed to Aerosoft's credits for AES, but found it expensive.

As indirectly mentioned before I find the AS scenery much better and up to date as compared to the outdated FSDT scenery which I also own.

GSX works fine with both sceneries. IMHO the only negative point with AS are the jetways which are still not moving.

Just for record sake (since this is the P3D forum) - AES does not work with P3D at all.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

I can't speak for the Aerosoft version as I don't have it but the FSDT version of GVA still holds up well and is sure better than a lot of newer sceneries!

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com