Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Which Zurich FSDT or Aerosoft?

GSX doesn't control jetways at airports, be it aftermarket or default, with the exception on some SODE jetways in the FSDT Memphis and KIAH that are incorporated into GSX.

GSX does control jetways, if allowed by the airport developer. Thus it can control them at all default airports, those of FSDT, many others, but not Aerosoft. Aerosoft airport jetways can be operated by AES, but AES doesn't work in P3D. Aerosoft's only option for P3D is SODE, which causes problems for many.

Petraeus

GSX does control jetways, if allowed by the airport developer. Thus it can control them at all default airports, those of FSDT, many others, but not Aerosoft. Aerosoft airport jetways can be operated by AES, but AES doesn't work in P3D. Aerosoft's only option for P3D is SODE, which causes problems for many.

GSX can only control those that already have that functionality by design. It's like saying keystroke J can control jetways in some airports...

Dirk

GSX can only control those that already have that functionality by design. It's like saying keystroke J can control jetways in some airports...

Dirk

Indeed. If Ctrl+J, can operate a jetway, then so can GSX.

Petraeus

Indeed. If Ctrl+J, can operate a jetway, then so can GSX.

To clarify, GSX has 0 affect on jetways. The only thing it offers for them is SODE control at compatible airports. GSX does however provide ground handling globally and for all aircraft. But it has nothing to do with Jetways. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Yes, you're right, sorry for the confusion. I was thinking of FS2Crew, which operates jetways whenever it is able.

My confusion was because I always use GSX and FS2Crew alongside each other...or because I'm always confused  :fool:

Petraeus

I have Aerosoft's version and it's a thing of beauty.  Nope, the jetways don't move...I'm a big nope on AES.  But, I very much like it anyway.  Looks like the FSDT version is nice too.  I doubt you'll go wrong either way you go.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have Aerosoft's version and it's a thing of beauty.  Nope, the jetways don't move...I'm a big nope on AES.  But, I very much like it anyway.  Looks like the FSDT version is nice too.  I doubt you'll go wrong either way you go.

I'm curious then which one is larger area-wise. Alas, I should install both and see myself.   :smile:

Thanks!

Dirk.

See my post above. GSX does not control jetways unless they are SODE jetways that are incorporated into GSX like those at their KIAH and KMEM where you can call for them via the GSX menu.

Post edit, see that someone already reiterated what I had already said prior, never mind.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Aerosoft just released updated version of Zurich, version 2 1.04. Looks really nice and I think they fixed quite a bit. I haven't done a lot with it yet, but it bears looking into. The AP controller is really easy to use, by the way.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I must say Aerosoft's Zurich much better blends in than FSDT's one in autumn

The AP controller is really easy to use, by the way.

What is AP controller in context?

Thanks,

Dirk

Yeah, the FSDT is dated but still looks okay; and, I'm not very fond of Aerosoft support so I tend to stay away from them if I have any choice. That explains why I prefer UK2000 to the VAS killing mega airport heathrow.

Aerosoft Support...two words that don't belong together, kinda like trusted lawyer or jumbo shrimp.  UK2000 airports is one of the top reasons why I regret not using P3D these days.  I love Gary's work and he's a great guy to work with for support.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Aerosoft Support...two words that don't belong together, kinda like trusted lawyer or jumbo shrimp.  UK2000 airports is one of the top reasons why I regret not using P3D these days.

What's wrong with UK2000 airports and P3D?? I have all Xtreme ones and they are updated to P3Dv3 and compliant.

Dirk

What's wrong with UK2000 airports and P3D?? I have all Xtreme ones and they are updated to P3Dv3 and compliant.

Dirk

Carefully read my post again.  I wasn't bashing UK2000, actually, just the opposite.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Aerosoft Support...two words that don't belong together, kinda like trusted lawyer or jumbo shrimp. UK2000 airports is one of the top reasons why I regret not using P3D these days. I love Gary's work and he's a great guy to work with for support.

Sorry, but that's YOUR experience... I have had nothing but great support even to the point of them giving me a free aircraft when there were lroblems making a purchase on their website, and when the third party store I got one of their products from was not updating the product...

Edit: also jumbo and shrimp *don't* go together? What is wrong with you? :D

Sorry, but that's YOUR experience... I have had nothing but great support even to the point of them giving me a free aircraft when there were lroblems making a purchase on their website, and when the third party store I got one of their products from was not updating the product...

Edit: also jumbo and shrimp *don't* go together? What is wrong with you? :D

Funny how I never mentioned personal experience with Aerosoft Support, yet you felt it necessary to put words in my mouth.  On top of that, what I wrote was supposed to be sarcastic comedy and yet again, you took every single letter literally.

Anyways, anyone else have something constructive to talk about?