Sign in to follow this  
AirborneZed

Froogle's first look at the 747v3

do any of the Beta testers own the FSL a320x?

If so how is the performance of the 747 v3 compared to the a320?

Some bizarre comments in this thread. Just a point on the perspective out of the window - it's highly dependent on the zoom level, screen ratio, resolution and a bunch of other things. In fact, many simmers use a highly unrealistic fisheye zoom that makes everything look weird. I don't know what zoom level Froogle used here but it will look different on every sim.

Hopefully my comment wasn't bizzare!

Just asked the window question out of curiosity..I have never seen the front window of a 747 from a pilots perspective.So...It surprised me..that's all.

I just love the 747..and..I am super excited.So I ask questions out of excitement..not in a critical way.

shared cockpit would rock but I doubt it could easily (if at all() be coded in P3D.  Aint never gonna happen with FSX.

Both sims use a similar interface of sim to outside-of-sim communication in SimConnect. XPL uses networking in general by default.

The difficulty isn't the sim platform, really, it's sending the data to the right person in the outside world (and making sure they get said data). Some add-ons circumvent this by using VPN clients (additional cost, and you will inevitably get people asking you how to set that whole thing up); making them go get a bunch of connection information, such as an external IP address, and ports (which most people aren't completely familiar with, so you will inevitably get support requests to help them understand networking and how to set that up); or you set it up via some other method that hopefully mitigates all of the earlier concerns.

Sure, other developers have done it, but I have yet to see one where you can just hit a button that says "DO THE THING" and it just does the thing, without either forcing you to (purchase and) utilize a VPN, or learn Net+ and teach it to your buddy on the other end.

I hope this avenue gets serious consideration this time around.  

I hope the above goes to show that lack of existence does not necessarily mean lack of consideration.

For me, Froogle has lost his integrity. How can you be un biased about a company you test for? I used to like his videos but there is a pattern to him now that is unlikable.

Well a good first start is that we don't pay him. It's also been made very clear to him that we are not expecting him to provide positive feedback, and that his concerns should be voiced if he has them. To be honest, you'd be hard pressed to find any industry where people aren't given press/review copies or early access in some other way. I wouldn't call anyone's credibility into question there. I wouldn't quite call that a fair assessment, but your own opinion is something you are obviously welcome to.

RSR discusses it a little tangentially at about the 41:25 mark, here.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Sure, other developers have done it, but I have yet to see one where you can just hit a button that says "DO THE THING" and it just does the thing, without either forcing you to (purchase and) utilize a VPN, or learn Net+ and teach it to your buddy on the other end.

I hope the above goes to show that lack of existence does not necessarily mean lack of consideration.

Got it.

Thanks for your reponse Kyle.

Here's hoping you are working on the 'One button - do the thing' option :)

shhh....P3D early access...we will purchase and help test it for you...dont tell anyone...

spacer.png

As per usual Froogle did it so well. Not perfect, but explains it all and makes the sim look easy. One of the best guys for this type of videos. PMDG also outstanding.

Thanks buddy. Well done.

Jgoncalves

John Barnes BAW7, on 23 Nov 2016 - 04:52 AM, said:

For me, Froogle has lost his integrity. How can you be un biased about a company you test for? I used to like his videos but there is a pattern to him now that is unlikable.

Many many times in his videos he has made it a point to say weather or not the product was given to him for review and has also many times made it a point that the company told him to be honest. Froogle to me is one of the most honest reviewers out there.

Froogle to me is one of the most honest reviewers out there.

And he gets a ton of free products.  Lucky fella.

spacer.png

A beta tester who provides false information to the public about the product they are testing seems to me to defeat the very purpose of beta testing. I can't see the benefit for either Froogle or PMDG in such an endeavour.

ClearedtoLand, on 23 Nov 2016 - 3:18 PM, said:

A beta tester who provides false information to the public about the product they are testing

How so?

I think many people seems to over complicate things unnecessarily in the forum.

He's providing us with early access views of a product he is himself not entirely familiar with - and been allowed to share it on youtube. I for one think that is awesome.

Why people will insist on seeing anything different into that is beyond me. We all benefit

People seem to forget that we are not REAL pilots. We are in the strict sense of the word, gamers (a sophisticated genre of gaming- but nonetheless.) Some people need to stop taking everything - and themselves so seriously. Froogle, by his own admission is not a professional pilot, he is a flightsimmer/gamer - and has said it many times over.

One of the cool things about him being a gamer/simmer, is the enthusiasm he brings when previewing products or doing more complex flights etc. I for one love that as I feel the enthusiasm too. Why does every parade always have to be rained on by the prophets of doom.

• Upvote 1

What makes him such an authority? He seems to have achieved diety status after reading some of these comments. Just wondering.

David Porrett

He seems to have achieved diety status after reading some of these comments.

Not in my book.  Nice fella who just gets lots of free stuff to review.

spacer.png

What makes him such an authority? He seems to have achieved diety status after reading some of these comments. Just wondering.

Sorry for spoiling the party as everybody around here seems to be a big Froogle fan, but I actually didn't like the video at all. I think he has a serious lack of knowledge on the 747 (and other aircraft for that matter) and I would prefer videos from someone who actually knows the aircraft. Ideally, a real world 747 pilot. Looking at (average) simmers trying to explain how an airplane works they never flew themselves is of limited entertainment to me. On the other hand watching someone fly a sim add-on who actually flies the real deal is incredibly informative (like one guy on Youtube who does videos on the A320-X). But of course this is only my very personal opinion...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

On the other hand watching someone fly a sim add-on who actually flies the real deal is incredibly informative (like one guy on Youtube who does videos on the A320-X). But of course this is only my very personal opinion...

Care to share who this person is?  I am always open to watching vids from real world pilots and those who have a lot of experience with simulation. :D

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit