Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

OK - I guess she's a keeper...

Hi Folks,

Just messing around on my laptop with FSX Steam since I'm traveling this week - so no fancy shaders or anything that I normally use with P3D - all vanilla except for the plane... I can't actually fly it on my laptop though... Departing Key West...

N474AN_zpsb3lu8t5j.png

maxresdefault_zpshkw72a8r.jpg

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Al,

Yeah - I guess it's a good sign when I dust the cobwebs off of PSP for some painting - it's been a while... One caveat - I did use a similar paint from the Flysimware site to line up my curves - so I'd seek the original author's permission and credit him before publicly sharing anything... It's still a work in progress as I need to redo the stripe and the text on the logo for a better match... I have a few other ideas for some other real world paints I've seen... This paint scheme is the one I like best though... Thanks for the comment and have a nice holiday...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Folks,

Reworked the stripe and logo text to better match the real one - the differences are subtle... Also spoke with Michael who created the original that I used as a template for my curves and he graciously gave me permission to upload this - which I'll do when I get it put together...

Prepar3D%202016-11-26%2018-05-29_zpswcso

Regards,
Scott

Hi Folks,

UPLOADED - if anyone wants it...

Prepar3D%202016-11-27%2021-25-54_zpsr7jn

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 4

Hi Folks,

Next up for me - a simple one... Screenshot via my laptop and default/vanilla - no shaders - FSX SE... Still tweaking it - stripes need to be a bit thinner I think...

N62RA_zps4wr6uouf.png

N62RA_M_zpsuarqewiy.png

Regards,
Scott

The screens here in this single thread has made me start researching if I want to add the Lear to my fleet.. Well done!  hehe

I was a complete skeptic.  Mediocre textures, meh meh meh was all I ranted on the forums.  Then I bought it anyway, changed the stock panel textures with a file from their site, got Scott's paints and others from their site...  installed the GTN 750!  Heck - it's quite a well done aircraft!

Scott- looks like I'm the first downloader woo!

• Upvote 1

I was a complete skeptic.  Mediocre textures, meh meh meh was all I ranted on the forums.  Then I bought it anyway, changed the stock panel textures with a file from their site, got Scott's paints and others from their site...  installed the GTN 750!  Heck - it's quite a well done aircraft!

Scott- looks like I'm the first downloader woo!

Would you still recommend the XP LR-25 after your experience?  I've been a satisfied FSW Lear owner for a while, but you know...that itch...

Hi Folks,

Hah - thanks for all the comments...

Yeah - what put me off for a long time - is any time I saw any videos or screenshots of the FSW Lear - N31WS - was the only plane that was shown... Now - beauty is in the eye of the beholder - so really - no offense to people who may like this paint job - but for me - it didn't work... I was like - uggh - that's one ugly plane and put me off on a purchase...

Only just recently I found out why people may have used that paint so often - it was a FAMOUS paint belonging to a celebrity - - - John Denver owned 31WS - - - the guy could sing - but please - just keep him away from the paint cans... LOL...

When I post the real world comparison shots above - I'm amazed at how closely the model resembles the real world shot...

Dave - it truly is a good package - and - LOL - it took a great deal of effort to convince Ryan of that - so for him to say good things about this Lear - it really means something !!!
:wink:

flysimware-learjet-35a3_zpsvs3j1zlm.jpg

Regards,
Scott