Sign in to follow this  
RXP

Flying RXP GTN in XP11 Beta

Nobody? Ok, it's Sunday so maybe everyone is out. Nevertheless, a bit disappointing that this smart tool, which is also rather expensive, is lacking some sort of documentation how to make the most out of it. A pop-up is just not the same as a VC integration  :nea:

Hans

That's kind, thank you. I have no experience with VC design in X-Plane. I only experimented with some mods in Prepar3D, mostly with the good stuff there which is made by talented people like Bert Pieke. I understand that the instruments are always sort of "baked" in and thus cannot be easily exchanged. 

I don't mind beta, otherwise I wouldn't try it all out. Hopefully, integration of the GTN continues rapidly for many other aircraft, guess it would also enhance sales of the gauge, 

Hans

Hope to add GTN 650/750 to VC of Sikorsky S76, Beechcraft Baron 58 and Beechcraft King Air C90B as well as my own Bell 429.

• Upvote 2

That's kind, thank you. I have no experience with VC design in X-Plane. I only experimented with some mods in Prepar3D, mostly with the good stuff there which is made by talented people like Bert Pieke. I understand that the instruments are always sort of "baked" in and thus cannot be easily exchanged. 

Please refer to my other post here where I try to explain more about the panel integration differences between X-Plane and FlightSim. Mind you panel and aircraft modelling is not high a skill for me yet, so some of the information might be wrong:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/496227-gtn-touch-v221-64-bits-for-x-plane-10-windows-10-updated/page-5#entry3498438

@bluebell2: thank you for helping out the community, we are all learning a lot at the same time!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hope to add GTN 650/750 to VC of Sikorsky S76, Beechcraft Baron 58 and Beechcraft King Air C90B as well as my own Bell 429.

Good news, appreciate your work. A single 750 only option would also be nice for people who don't own both units.

Hans

Here is this what you want, it is not just a ini file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2upfuyqwzr83dh/Cessna%20172SP.zip?dl=0

This add another cessna GTN to X-Plane 11 and is still a beta.

To add VC you need something like AC3D or Blender to change the object files and how to use planemaker.

Amazing thanks!

Is there a way to operate the unit in the VC?  I see clicking on the VC gauge pops up the 2d version.  Is that because of a limitation in XP?

Also I had to change the .ini file to get the GTN 750 set to NAV1.

Set these:

[GTN_750_1]

MasterDevice = true
RadiosPair = 1
LinkVor = true 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks Jon for this cool video! I like this scenery a lot!

Let me also take the opportunity to tell you that we are addressing the TCAD 'ghost' alerts. The work that has been done on the upcoming GNS 530 and GNS 430 TCAD has proven to be better for these, so once released, we will be able to port back the new code into the GTN units as well. 

As for crossfill, this is not yet implemented in the GTN units (it is implemented in the GNS units though). Again, as soon as we have released the GNS, we will see how the best we can enable this feature as well in the GTN (no promises of success there though).

As for the XPDR reverting back to VFR, I'm not sure. This could be XP11 bug, or a GTN (trainer) bug, or a PilotEdge bug. What's certain is that the GTN plugin does not interfere with this, it merely bridges XPlane XPDR with Trainer XPDR. Or maybe you've assigned a shortcut on your hardware throttle or yoke that is now assigned by default to XPDR VFR in XP11 whereas it was not in XP10?!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Looking at the Reality XP site, looks like the GTN is ready to go for X-Plane, so I bought it. Hmmm. What a nightmare. 2 days trying to get it to work, still no luck. 

This was my third purchase of the GTN, as I have them for P3D and FSX. Seems the website is very misleading when it comes to X-Plane.

No help from purchasing website, and Flight1 sent me here. Any ideas where I could ask for help?

Thanks in advance,

Tommy

Purchased the RXP X Plane GTN 750 last evening. Working fine with F1 GTN 750 in P3D also. Did not require any changes to locations. Great product.

The products are from totally different companies for totally different sims.

Tommy - you're giving out very little information.  Are you trying to use the RXP GTN for XP10 or 11?  It's not quite ready for 11 yet, but it can work unofficially if you have it already installed in XP10,  Right above where you purchase the site clearly says "Includes GTN for X-Plane 11 free update (when available)"  Meaning it's not out for 11 yet.

However some users have it working in 11, but it's not supported by the developer yet, as they're still working on the official update.

You purchased from here right?

http://www.reality-xp.com/#slider

So what are the issues you're having?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

However some users have it working in 11, but it's not supported by the developer yet, as they're still working on the official update.

Furthermore, Laminar Research is still working on the official XPlane 11 release!

Support for XP11 Beta is a beta support as well, for this reason, and we have a new update which should work better with XP11 Beta 3, in addition to further enhancements and stability updates.

Yes Ryan, it is the RXP for 10, installing into 10. And yes on my receipt the vendor is reality-XP. 

The problem that I believe I am having is that the installer is defaulting to install to the main HDD, and I can not change that, so I am moving those files to the drive XP is on. I may be putting them into the wrong folder??

I am moving them to (E:) X-Plane 10/Resources/Plugins

Do you know if this is correct folder combo??

Thanks,

Tommy