Sign in to follow this  
efis007

XP11 haze quantity & clouds color (solved)

It not work. 

I have created a LUA script with this code:

set("sim/private/controls/atmo/scale_raleigh", 30.0)
set("sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_mie", 0.0)
set("sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_gain_raleigh", 17.0) 
set("sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_raleigh_b", 52.0)
set("sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_raleigh_g", 9.4) 
set("sim/private/controls/atmo/inscatter_raleigh_r", 5.6)
set("sim/private/controls/hdr/gain_min", 2.0)
set("sim/private/controls/hdr/sky_gain", 5.0)
set("sim/private/controls/hdr/white_point", 2.2) 
set("sim/private/controls/fog/std_deviation_cutoff", 0.30)
set("sim/private/controls/clouds/ambient_gain", 5.0)
set("sim/private/controls/skyc/whiteout_in_clouds", 0.0) 

At the start Xp11 i have message "lua stopped" on the screen.  :sad: 

When you see the first red colored Lua Stopped at the top right of the screen, drop down the Lua Plug, and use the RESTART LUA Engine...and it will go away, and stay away. If you go to another location, the red stop warning might come up...just repeat the LUA engine jumpstart...and it will again, run.

Thank you for this script....it works!:

c4_1.png

c4_2.png

c4_1.png

c4_2.png

It looks like haze is reduced at the expense of creating a very noticeable sharp transition between the sky and earth at the horizon. Unattractive, in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Man, with this LUA script running...XP11 is even more fantastic.  Folks...there is so much detail below your wing...that frankly the beta level of haze and fog, literally wipes out from view.  I wonder...if this the beta level of fog and haze, was also a way that Laminar thought to boost the FPS rates?  Dunno...but with the above lines of the LUA script in play, I have not dropped one FPS from haze and fog, as delivered by the BETA release, and now, modified to what I want to see the sim reflect...

They are going to have to allow the user to dial in the fog and haze level to what THEY want...not what Laminar degrees.  We need our Granular XP10 control level of involvement back...and I know that those at Laminar have seen this request enough times already throughout many user-feedback comments and forums.  

We shouldn't need to resort to LUA modification scrips and hacks. for lack of in-sim XP11 preference parameters!

It looks like haze is reduced at the expense of creating a very noticeable sharp transition between the sky and earth at the horizon. Unattractive, in my opinion.

Of course personal viewpoint always in play. I love this transition. I now can see and feel that I can see for miles...clear out to the horizon. I have fabulous XP11 goodness in detail coming up to me from the ground at 3,500-5,500 ASL.  Loving this...the scenery is great...the autogen is great, especially in Europe..and now I can thoroughly enjoy it.  Most happy.

c4_3.png

c4_4.png

c4_5.png

The haze now is out there, about 5 miles and that is where I want it....

I mean, come on...what's the sense of loading in this great scenery...finally having very nice stock autogen...and HD and UHD Mesh, if it all blanks out to white paste, as you go above 1,200 feet!!!!  Not now.....
  • Upvote 1

We shouldn't need to resort to LUA modification scrips and hacks. for lack of in-sim XP11 preference parameters!

Be patient Mitch, I think the reason why LR has limited Graphics preferences is because for them (Im a developer too) is easier to go through all of the bugs reported in a sort of standard scenario compared to figuring out the bugs with too many difference preference scenarios, this just makes life and debugging a lot harder and time consuming.

I bet that once the bugs that have the most impact in performance/stability are squashed, we will see additional preferences.

• Upvote 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

They are going to have to allow the user to dial in the fog and haze level to what THEY want...not what Laminar degrees. We need our Granular XP10 control level of involvement back...and I know that those at Laminar have seen this request enough times already throughout many user-feedback comments and forums.

To be fair, ideally it should match what actual conditions decree. :smile:

It's also worth pointing out that there wasn't a regular level of control for this stuff (haze/fog) in XP10 either - it required the same editing of datarefs to make what we wanted happen. The difference was that the editing was in the opposite direction. In XP11 we're trying to dial it back, in XP10 we're trying to dial it up - which is what successful plugins like RTH did.

To be honest, I think the haze needs not so much to be dialed back as it needs to be better controlled for elevation of viewpoint. I've taken a lot of photos from mountains and from aircraft, and at that sort of low-to-middle height, the level of scattering and haze in the atmosphere can be significant (and annoying when trying to take clear photographs of scenery). In that respect, some of the experiences I've seen, and the beta images I've seen others share, look incredibly true-to-life.

But from low elevation to ground level, it does seem like it's too thick, unless you're living in LA.  :wink:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Be patient Mitch, I think the reason why LR has limited Graphics preferences is because for them (Im a developer too) is easier to go through all of the bugs reported in a sort of standard scenario compared to figuring out the bugs with too many difference preference scenarios, this just makes life and debugging a lot harder and time consuming.

I bet that once the bugs that have the most impact in performance/stability are squashed, we will see additional preferences.

Sure hope so :)

XP11...they (even in beta) have scored a home-run....bases loaded....and I hope it becomes a powerhouse of a sim platform...v11, v12...and on....

With that overdone haze gone....the night life is ablaze...near and about Detroit!  Wow...

Very nice Mitch - well done

Rich Sennett

now we still need to get rid of that strange banding. See the screenshot above with bands of blue color from lighter purple to dark blue and black..

RobdeVries.jpg

now we still need to get rid of that strange banding

The man or woman who finds the solution to this banding issue before Ben Supnik does get's a Carenado plane of choice on me.

• Upvote 2

Hans

Yeah I have that too.  Not sure why.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

now we still need to get rid of that strange banding. See the screenshot above with bands of blue color from lighter purple to dark blue and black..

I would think they will address something as basic as sky banding at some point is strange that its there now to be honest being such a basic given feature especially in a flightsim so not sure why this exists actually - need to do homework on how the graphics part of XP works and how to tweak it especially being an opengl program 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

I just want to reinforce what Jim said earlier, about letting Laminar know through their feedback channels when sky and weather doesn't look realistic, instead of diving into tweaking the beta for personal preference. .

And more importantly, give feedback about how we would like more of this enabled in a settings menu within the sim, so we're not futzing around with plugins and dataref editing.

Personally I haven't touched a thing because I want to see how the Beta is developing. Also the main add-ons I might well use, like SkyMaxx Pro aren't updated for v11 yet.

• Upvote 3

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I just want to reinforce what Jim said earlier, about letting Laminar know through their feedback channels when sky and weather doesn't look realistic, instead of diving into tweaking the beta for personal preference. .

And more importantly, give feedback about how we would like more of this enabled in a settings menu within the sim, so we're not futzing around with plugins and dataref editing.

Personally I haven't touched a thing because I want to see how the Beta is developing. Also the main add-ons I might well use, like SkyMaxx Pro aren't updated for v11 yet.

Pretty sure they are listening to you  :wink:

Rich Sennett